Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

One Week To Go!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

With one week to go before we kick off in the Train Spotters Cup against North Wales Crusaders (Away,kick off 1420 hrs) I am looking forward to the match already!

We have had an entire change of philosophy, attitude, policy, direction and motivation on the coaching and playing side at the club. The chairman (Like or Dislike) has made some positive and motivated changes and those decisions are paying off. Credit were credit is due with regards to the chairman and board.

The team is a mix of youthful energy and experienced Championship one players. We have been favorites to gain promotion before but this season for the first time in two or three years, I can say we have assembled to strong, motivated, passionate group of players who have strong, focus and determined coach at the helm. We have three or four difficult away matches and three difficult home matches but we shouldn't struggle against the new clubs. (Fingers Crossed).

Agree or Disagree with dual registration it is here to stay, Championship one clubs have access to a crop of youth developing super league club players, it may not be a true reflection on how the individual clubs are progressing but you play to the rules and if that means fielding parent clubs players on dual registration then so be it. Will it increase the skill base at Championship one level and increase crowds, not sure but only time will tell.

It is really nice to visit this forum and read positive posts from the majority of members, for too long the post have been negative and none productive, but everybody is entitled to their opinion, and of course so am I.

it would be nice to see people put their personal opinions about the off field side of the club to one side and make the effort to truly get behind the club, the coaches, the players and get to down to Whitebank this season and watch Oldham RLFC play a high intensity, passionate, skillful and motivated style of Rugby League.

See you all at the match!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Totally agree oldham13. I am so looking forward to next week and the rest of the season. Training has stepped up massively from last year and there is a massive injection of pace and enthusiasm that has been missing. I do really hope that folk get behind the club and cheer them into the Championship.

#3 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yeah I totally agree ...can't remember the last time I looked forward to a season with such optimism . There seems to be a bit of momentum at the club at the moment .. at least on the pitch ..just hope that there is some positive news shortly about ground developments as this would really give us reasons to be cheerful .

The game against the Crusaders was always going to be important to try to put one over one of our main rivals this season but its been given extra importance as the group winners will go forward to the subsidiary final of the Trains Cup at Halifax . It will be tough next week but we've already come out on top in 2 close , bruising encounters against evenly matched opposition so we should be well and truly battle hardened and ready for the challenge .

Hope there is a good turnout by the Oldham fans and they make as much noise as possible as this might just give us the edge . Come on Oldham...

#4 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'd like to see a good turnout.It will not be easy as NWC are a good solid team with a top coach.This year I think we have a few more options in attack and not just N Roden (which I think makes him more effective). Another close game I think. :)
One for all and all for the one

#5 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Squad Numbers for this season:
1.Richard Lepori
2.Mo Agoro
3.Danny Samuel
4.Steven Nield
5.Dale Bloomfield
6.Lewis Palfrey
7.Neil Roden
8.Liam Gilchrist
9.Sam Gee
10.Jason Boults
11.Josh Crowley
12.Danny Langtree
13.Mark Hobson
14.Adam Files
15.Chris Tyrer
16.Kenny Hughes
17.Callum Marriot
18.Phil Joy
19.Michael Ward
20.Jamie Dallimore
21.David Cookson
22.Liam Thompson

#6 Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Best wishes for the roughyeds this season - all the way from downunder !

#7 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Best wishes for the roughyeds this season - all the way from downunder !

Whereabouts are you mate ?

#8 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Season opening game tomorrow!!

The team look motivated, physically fit and mentally ready for a successful season both in the Championship One and Northern Railway Cup.

The team spirit and player camaraderie was clearly evident on the "Meet the Players Evening".

Tomorrows game should be a cracker

Good Luck Boys!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#9 donquixote

donquixote
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hope the lads can pull off a win tomorrow. Won't be easy but got to give it everything. This could be our year at last!!

#10 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I agree Don Alonso Quijano, I think it will be a tough game.NW have a strong experienced squad.A big test for our lads and a good opportunity to test out the squad. Some suprised I believe in team selection.
One for all and all for the one

#11 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

So here we go. The first real test of the serious action.I still have major questions about the quality of our forwards,maybe i am paranoid about what has happened to us with supposedly better players in the previous five seasons.Hope we are still as confident at 4 o clock.See you their.

#12 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Today's Official's

AR

North Wales CrusadersOldham RLFC

Ref: C Sharrad Touch J: M Griffiths Touch J: M Woodhead Reserve: A Bentham M Com: R Connolly

The Mold Stand 2 for 2 thirty See you all at the match!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#13 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

With one week to go before we kick off in the Train Spotters Cup against North Wales Crusaders (Away,kick off 1420 hrs) I am looking forward to the match already!

We have had an entire change of philosophy, attitude, policy, direction and motivation on the coaching and playing side at the club. The chairman (Like or Dislike) has made some positive and motivated changes and those decisions are paying off. Credit were credit is due with regards to the chairman and board.

The team is a mix of youthful energy and experienced Championship one players. We have been favorites to gain promotion before but this season for the first time in two or three years, I can say we have assembled to strong, motivated, passionate group of players who have strong, focus and determined coach at the helm. We have three or four difficult away matches and three difficult home matches but we shouldn't struggle against the new clubs. (Fingers Crossed).

Agree or Disagree with dual registration it is here to stay, Championship one clubs have access to a crop of youth developing super league club players, it may not be a true reflection on how the individual clubs are progressing but you play to the rules and if that means fielding parent clubs players on dual registration then so be it. Will it increase the skill base at Championship one level and increase crowds, not sure but only time will tell.

It is really nice to visit this forum and read positive posts from the majority of members, for too long the post have been negative and none productive, but everybody is entitled to their opinion, and of course so am I.

it would be nice to see people put their personal opinions about the off field side of the club to one side and make the effort to truly get behind the club, the coaches, the players and get to down to Whitebank this season and watch Oldham RLFC play a high intensity, passionate, skillful and motivated style of Rugby League.

See you all at the match!

That's fantastic, and all sounds very positive!!!! Still going to lose today though ;)

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#14 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

That's fantastic, and all sounds very positive!!!! Still going to lose today though ;)

yes you are ! ;-)

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 03 March 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#15 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

yes you are ! ;-)

Oops we are losing 28-8 On the latest score that was at 46th minute.

#16 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Oops we are losing 28-8 On the latest score that was at 46th minute.

Double oops. A rout are losing 36-8. with 5 unanswered tries and conversions from 32nd to 48th Minute.

#17 Geoff52

Geoff52
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

4 new players introduced at training on Thursday. All 4 were in the 17 man squad.
That's not good for team buidling.
If I want to watch 25% of a team being Salford players, I might just as well go and watch Salford.
It looks like yet another losing season

#18 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Looks like it could be the wooden spoon this time around then ........
Posted Image

#19 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Do Oldham not have anyone who can kick a goal ??????????? as it seems up to the 71st min of todays game Crusaders have kicked 7 out of 7 whreas Oldham have not kicked a single goal despte scoring 3 tries ( not to mention any penalties )
Posted Image

#20 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

42-12 now71 mins gone. Although I am not ready to chuck in the towel yet. WE all know it is the Train Spotters Cup and about blooding players.

Edited by SINGE, 03 March 2013 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users