Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

One Week To Go!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

48 -12 FT. Not exactly the best start

#22 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

4 new players introduced at training on Thursday. All 4 were in the 17 man squad.
That's not good for team buidling.
If I want to watch 25% of a team being Salford players, I might just as well go and watch Salford.
It looks like yet another losing season

Got to agree its a disgrace, I want to pay to watch an Oldham team, not Salford reserves, and they have done nothing for us anyway just appears to have destroyed moral.
The score tells it all.

#23 chas

chas
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Oops fat fingers...

Edited by chas, 03 March 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#24 chas

chas
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

RIP Roughyeds

Long drive back to devon .....

Hello Exeter chiefs

#25 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

If all 4 were in the squad then either : 1 - they were better than anyone else at Oldham or 2 - the agreement is that if Salford want them in then they are in!

If it's 2 then you can count me out until the team represents me and my town. I too don't want to watch Salford's reserves. As per my previous post I am worried that we will never be a big club again.

#26 Augustus55

Augustus55
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Sorry, I have read lots of comment regarding Scott Naylor ' being his own man'. 4 players from Salford under 20's team? straight into game after 1 training session- tells me that at least 10 or more players signed by Naylor are not good enough for Championship 1 + can someone tell me if all/most players are on a pay as you play basis ? if so, same 10+ OLDHAM players finish the week without a pay cheque.
So far lots of good noises on the Clubs website- how much of this is factual? latest post re under 20,s is a good example regarding appointment to coaching staff.

#27 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

RIP Roughyeds

Long drive back to devon .....

Hello Exeter chiefs

You should come and watch Devon Sharks RLFC in the summer...... plus you can get a lovely ice cream on the seafront before the game, and a nice pint in rugby league pub the Masons Arms in Babbacombe after the game.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#28 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

That's fantastic, and all sounds very positive!!!! Still going to lose today though ;)

yes you are ! ;-)

That awkward moment..... :D

Sorry.... we have our own squad and not some cast off's from a Sooper Dooper League club. DR will never work, is unfair and won't give a true reflection of the league. Next week you might have five good Salford players, and win comfortably. I hate to see a club like Oldham not playing the big league....

Edited by dogthebountyhunter, 03 March 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#29 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

That awkward moment..... :D

Sorry.... we have our own squad and not some cast off's from a Sooper Dooper League club. DR will never work, is unfair and won't give a true reflection of the league. Next week you might have five good Salford players, and win comfortably. I hate to see a club like Oldham not playing the big league....

You are right. You won't get any arguments from me.

#30 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

The Dual Registration system will ruin the game outside of Super League.

It is mergers by the back door.

Super League are not bothered about clubs like Oldham they will just use us for their own benefit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users