Glenns half time pep talk

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Must have been some strong words at half time but it certainly worked. 30 points in 20 odd minutes, what a turn round. We started well but Haven seemed to have got the upper hand towards half time and I thought they would come at us strongly in the early stages of the second half. But we turned it on and looked superb at times. Thought Spicer was head and shoulders above everybody else, both defence and attack. Although we seem to let teams come at us when defending you can't argue that we only conceded 2 tries and one of those was on the back of 4 or 5 repeat sets. Two winnable games to come before the Leigh home game. Who knows. We are certainly starting to gel and I think Coleman is starting to settle down. Onwards and upwards. Good to watch today lads against a team who will be no pushovers.

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Some result for you lot that. Definitely not to be taken lightly. .
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

very well played the rams,played some superb rugby in the 2nd half,we ripped whitehaven apart at times with some slick passing :D

#4 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Very impressed with Coleman today. I agree Spicer was incredible as was Walshaw, Brown. Aizue makes a very good impact player. Morton reminds me of Bryn Powell when taking the ball up. No complaints today :D

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

One missed tackle from being top of the league!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Thought Brown was outstanding, Whitehaven looked a very good team, we hit a purple patch and it was all over. And the good thing is it looks like there is still room for improvement with Brown and Coleman still to gel properly. And the forwards did very well to match a bit strong Haven pack.

And take my hat off to Carl Sice and Craig Calvert, they seem to have been around for ever and still stand out players.

#7 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

all the team played well today but i thought spicer would of got the man of the match,he was superb,walshaw had a good game though n our defence has improved a hell of a lot,quite happy so far,let it continue

#8 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Good win and good performance from The Rams. Enjoyed it today despite the cold.

#9 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

One missed tackle from being top of the league!!!

Your not wrong ;)

#10 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

OK, the first half wasn't sparkling, but the second one was! I'm both delighted and excited. GM has the answers we need, give him and the lads a few more games and we'll scare a lot of the big boys. A bit early to predict finishing league positions, but I can see a top four spot for us.

#11 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

As for outstanding performances, I know it sounds corny, but they were all outstanding, let's not forget, it's a team game.

#12 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Any news on Karl Pryce's injury?

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 24 February 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#13 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Now that was entertaining rugby today. I thought 'Haven gave us a test, especially in the first half and we let them have two softish tries. That twenty minute period of the second half with some wonderful tries from greta teamwork was excellent. It's most enjoyable to see an interception try and it looked like Brown was watching carefully and took his moment.

I thought Whitehaven might crack open then, but they are made of sterner stuff and fought back well, even without scoring.

Went home satisfied!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#14 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

[/size]

good grief. We must have been good.....

#15 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Been wondering if pryce has been carrying an injury anyway as I'm pretty sure in his first spell at bradford he was damn near as quick as his brother. Like to see the cas lad at scrum half and jymel c operating at loose forward where I reckon he would be very effective. Great result for the lads though, and we only started looking defensively shaky when martins came on for haven in the first half and fortunately he ran out of steam.

#16 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

good grief. We must have been good.....

Yes they were. It was champagne rugby at times!

#17 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Nowt serious im led to believe.The same has a dead leg only in the arm if u no what i mean.

#18 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

thought the guys played very well over all, Spicer and Walshaw had outsanding games, Brown played well but was a little bit on the quiet side today (being very picky there according friends).
Thought our defensive line was a little slow at times need to be in their faces before they can do anything, all these things will come good I know with more games together but gotta have a say.

WELL DONE BOYS.......3 out of 4 an excellent start.

#19 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Enjoyed the game first half we struggled to stop their pack , looked a bit light when lillycrop and Tommy went off. At half time with a bit more composure haven could have been in front with the amount of ball they had. But second half what a turn around. 1-17 had a hand in it couldn't fault any of them. Thought Spicer should have MoM though.
Brown and Walshaw both made team of the week. Heard some grumbles on the terrace about Pryce suggesting we are carry him. Thought he had decent game he set a try up when he turned the fullback inside out and saved a certain try on the line.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#20 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Heard some grumbles on the terrace about Pryce suggesting we are carry him. Thought he had decent game he set a try up when he turned the fullback inside out and saved a certain try on the line.

I thought he had a decent game too

Some people just like to moan, and since he is our big signing, he has a target on his back

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users