Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield away Friday night at Bramhall Lane

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Club website info needs changing - says Don Valley.

Any info please on:

Which stand will we be in?
Parking?
Where are other Knights fans going for a pre-match beer?

Thanks

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I will find out for you!
Posted Image

#3 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Plenty of decent pubs in the city centre for a pre-match drink, Sheffield fans are usually in the Lord Nelson on Arundel Street before the game. Heard that they were looking at putting everyone in the South Stand this season though the website says it will be the John Street stand again, either way there will be stewards to help you find your way in!

Edited by brummie-eagle, 25 February 2013 - 11:43 AM.

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#4 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Info changed on website. Might just have to change the whole website...

#5 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Mr G Hewer is Friday's referee.
Posted Image

#6 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Think I saw a bit of the official Eagles website about having to buy tickets 1st before
you go through an electronic type turnstile....

Will have another look tomorrow to see if there's any more confirmed info on
which stand we are in etc, etc.

#7 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

We had to do that st time we were there.

You buy tickets at a table at the far end of a massive empty room - they watch you walk the full length, very unnerving. Then you get bundled into the tiniest cage like turnstile, to wave the ticket at who knows what to open one end of the cage - nobody tells you what you're supposed to do, they just stand there, tutting.

A part of me died in those turnstiles...

#8 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

http://www.sheffield...-news&Itemid=49 - all the info is here ladies and gents...

Sorry that little old Bramall Lane doesnt match the glamour of the Huntingdon Stadium Andy but we are trying our best!
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#9 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

http://www.sheffield...-news&Itemid=49 - all the info is here ladies and gents...

Thanks for the info

Sorry that little old Bramall Lane doesnt match the glamour of the Huntingdon Stadium Andy but we are trying our best!

One day you too will have a derelict and poorly designed athletics stadium you can call home - until then you'll just have to make do with a Football stadium

#10 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'll just be happy to have a ground next season!

#11 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'll just be happy to have a ground next season!

Oh touché
:D

#12 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the info

#13 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

As long as I get issued with a parachute before I go up on that gantry, I'll be fine !!

#14 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

and if i get free beer i willl

#15 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Sounds like we could have a new signing playing - prop Craig Potter from Batley,
could be useful, loads of experience in this division (see info on Batley site).

Also Dent & Brining to be rested & replaced by Elliot & Jack Iley.

Edited by shades2, 28 February 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#16 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Sounds like we could have a new signing playing - prop Craig Potter from Batley,
could be useful, loads of experience in this division (see info on Batley site).

Was hoping we might be signing him after seeing he'd left Batley. Should do well for us.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#17 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hull FC info this week:

Pace man Tom Lineham will keep his place on the wing ahead of Jason Crookes who is recovering from a short term injury sustained at St Helens two weeks ago, while head coach Peter Gentle has also said centre Joe Arundel is pushing hard for a recall after impressing on dual registration at York.

"I've waited 12 months to have these sorts of tough decisions about team selection. We're starting to get a few players coming back in and it's healthy for the squad and good for competition for places,"

"What it does is just put everyone on notice. The players know they can't string a couple of bad games together as we've got some very talented players waiting to get a go.

"Josh Bowden is still waiting for his chance and Dean Hadley is killing it up at York. Joe Arundel and Jack Briscoe are playing well up there too so there's plenty of pressure to perform with the depth we have to our squad this year."

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Bramall

Huntington

Just saying. <_<
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#19 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Bramall

Huntington

Just saying. <_<

Feel free to take Griff on a dual-registration for your forum.

#20 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Feel free to take Griff on a dual-registration for your forum.

Thought Griff was a Fev fan he's always on their site, :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users