Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tier 3 Travel

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 RichardJ

RichardJ
  • Coach
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Quick question

Just read on the NCL website that NCL clubs will be getting travel funding this year. Is this correct? I thought travel funding had been cut completely?

#2 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Quick question

Just read on the NCL website that NCL clubs will be getting travel funding this year. Is this correct? I thought travel funding had been cut completely?

The last i heard was the RFL and NCL managment were still discussing it and no agreement had been made but the RFL were doing all they could to put funding in place.

Personaly i would be suprised if it wasnt just a small amount this year

There you go s bull and maurader i sure you can make hay from no agreement at the moment

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

The last i heard was the RFL and NCL managment were still discussing it and no agreement had been made but the RFL were doing all they could to put funding in place.

There you go s bull and maurader i sure you can make hay from no agreement at the moment

Didn't expect it to last, we got issued with 6 balls in 2004 and come 2009 we didn't get any.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#4 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Didn't expect it to last, we got issued with 6 balls in 2004 and come 2009 we didn't get any.

Times are tough Marauder but the NCL have secured once more the ref fees for their clubs ( approx £ 14 k ) and are working on travel expenses at just over half of last years grant. There will also be transparency as to how the whole Sport England grant is made up for the Community Game.

Not bad when David Gent has had to lose approx half of his staff of 60 +.

Oh and the balls --Ryan Sparks has sponsored over 200 from League weekly - the clubs got them at the last meeting....

By the way the NCL is still independent , though you are unlikely to agree...........

#5 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

All very smug del capo! Im sure im not the only one to find that a very serious character flaw for someone involved in the running of the flag ship competition! Or is it a defensive smugness?

#6 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

All very smug del capo! Im sure im not the only one to find that a very serious character flaw for someone involved in the running of the flag ship competition! Or is it a defensive smugness?

No, I just think he's sick of Marauder ;)

#7 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Seems a thorough and concise reply to me. I can't see what your problem is.

#8 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Marauder's posts are more than welcome. They keep us on our toes and promote lively debate....

As for one shot ( seven posts ) ..... serious character flaw and defensive smugness ? Try 35 + years of ever heavier negotiations for those you democratically represent to try to secure their best interests before coming out with ' shots ' like that........

#9 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Apart from the Ncl you also represent other areas in the Community game both you and Trevor , what if anything have you secured for the other groups you represent ?

#10 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

So we are counting posts now? What the hell has that got to do with your condacending attitude to others? At least marauder has the good of the whole game at heart! Indeed, to bring up the number of posts I've made is really very silly indeed, and if I may say a smoke screen to mask a bit of rudeness on your behalf, which you tend to get away with! There is no money for travel just admit it! The ncl(and indeed all leagues) are suffering with the move to summer! And YOU were a major player! Get your head out of the sand and grow up!

#11 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Apart from the Ncl you also represent other areas in the Community game both you and Trevor , what if anything have you secured for the other groups you represent ?

Taxi Egg you well know that Trevor represents just Tier 3 at the Community Board . Del Capo does not represent any particular group there but he does what he can....

#12 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

So we are counting posts now? What the hell has that got to do with your condacending attitude to others? At least marauder has the good of the whole game at heart! Indeed, to bring up the number of posts I've made is really very silly indeed, and if I may say a smoke screen to mask a bit of rudeness on your behalf, which you tend to get away with! There is no money for travel just admit it! The ncl(and indeed all leagues) are suffering with the move to summer! And YOU were a major player! Get your head out of the sand and grow up!

Welcome back, boarder :rolleyes:

#13 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Which is ?
And my understanding was Trevor was there to represent other leagues outside of the NCL or am I mistaken , seems to me and others you are on the Community Board soley for the benefit of the NCL open age or am i mistaken on that point as well ?

#14 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

For all the detractors of the current NCL regime i would like to see anyone else step up and do a better job, the move to summer was always going to polarise people but the unpresidented growth of the NCL during such austere times must prove its still is the place to be

No doubt the summer/winter debate will be ongoing for quite some time, but i think it would be in everyones interest to shelve it and review it properly at a defined timescale, the daily battles around it on here are becoming tiresome and frankly boring.

Its now time for the season to start and let the rugby be the focus, so best of luck to all teams competing in this years competition and lets make it the best yet

#15 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

No one questions that the NCL is a well run competition what I am asking is a slightly different question re the community game , to many it seems the NCL does fare better than other areas and funding is being found when other key areas are told they get nothing and it appears that the NCL benefits because it has two members of its management committee on the said board, how is that truly representatve of the conmmunity game if it appears only one section is getting any benefit ?

Edited by TaxiEgg, 26 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#16 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

No one questions that the NCL is a well run competition what I am asking is a slightly different question re the community game , to many it seems the NCL does fare better than other areas and funding is being found when other key areas are told they get nothing and it appears that the NCL benefits because it has two members of its management committee on the said board, how is that truly representatve of the conmmunity game if it appears only one section is getting any benefit ?

Fair point Taxi Egg

NCL negotiated a deal that foresaw future issues and they simply asked that that deal be honoured. The RFL are doing that. Nothing to do with the Community Board or its composition..

I've told you before that Charly Bray and Martin Coyd rep Tier 4. If you have issues take them up with them.

Meanwhile I can't think that the NCL owe anyone any apologies for looking after their own League in these incredibly difficult times............

How have the other League Reps gone in their discussions with RFL.... ??

#17 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

I can't quite get my head around your involvement with an NCL club Mick. If your views are so strong, why don't you move somewhere else - perhaps to a club who would benefit from your very strong opinions.

#18 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

My involvement is that our association is the feeder to every North West based NCL club and without us developing the future open age players then there is quite simply no game , I do have strong opinions and do not see myself as a nodding donkey.
And for the record my club is Leigh Miners Rangers who I have served as both a player and coach and my eldest son who is currently recovering from a full knee re- construcion is hopefully ready to return to full fitness and challenging for a spot with the Miners in the NCL .

So i think i qualify to have an opinion on the "flagship " forum .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 27 February 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#19 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

My involvement is that our association is the feeder to every North West based NCL club and without us developing the future open age players then there is quite simply no game , I do have strong opinions and do not see myself as a nodding donkey.
And for the record my club is Leigh Miners Rangers who I have served as both a player and coach and my eldest son who is currently recovering from a full knee re- construcion is hopefully ready to return to full fitness and challenging for a spot with the Miners in the NCL .

So i think i qualify to have an opinion on the "flagship " forum .

I re-read my post Mick and it didn't come out as I intended. I wasn't being sarcastic.

#20 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

im suprised that the deals were not cemented for the full 3 year term of this trail period of summer rugby,

14K split between 50 clubs, and the travel fund not yet confirmed!!!

the trail period of summer rugby in 2009 and no interent to continue it in 2010 should have been evidence enough , if the RFL was offering cash incentives that surely it wouldnt have been that difficult to agree on the funding level for 3 years insted of asking for scraps now on a yearly bases.

Also casyorkie you are keen enough to have a go at me on here but i have noticed you are no one else has answered my Q on the Due registration thread.

Edited by sbull, 27 February 2013 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users