Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tier 3 Travel

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

The trial period in 2009 was not organised by the NCL only administrated. the clubs asked wether it would be possible to organise some games during the summer months, to give some close season interest and revenue to the respected clubs, it was purely on a voluntery basis.
No funding fpr travel was received or requested.

Regarding the travel funding for the 3 year trial basis; yes we did receive funding for the first year and we are negotiating for this season but due to the reduction of funding to the RFL, our proportion will be less this time.
We have managed on previous seasons (i.e.Winter) without it and so we shall again.

We are still getting the referees for free which is a great saveing every year.

#22 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

The trial period in 2009 was not organised by the NCL only administrated. the clubs asked wether it would be possible to organise some games during the summer months, to give some close season interest and revenue to the respected clubs, it was purely on a voluntery basis.

Regarding the travel funding for the 3 year trial basis; yes we did receive funding for the first year and we are negotiating for this season but due to the reduction of funding to the RFL, our proportion will be less this time.
We have managed on previous seasons (i.e.Winter) without it and so we shall again.

All im saying it would have been better to get them agree the amount of funding for the full three years so they were committed,

#23 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

All im saying it would have been better to get them agree the amount of funding for the full three years so they were committed,

Yes it would; but like a lot of agreements that are made with all walks of life when cut backs are made due to lack of funding. something has to go.

Like i said earlier; weve carried on without travel cost assistance before and we will have to just get on with it.

#24 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yes it would; but like a lot of agreements that are made with all walks of life when cut backs are made due to lack of funding. something has to go.

Like i said earlier; weve carried on without travel cost assistance before and we will have to just get on with it.

Sorry Longman for going on but the reason for securing a 3 year deal is to protect against cut backs, i can only imagine that the RFL would have enough cash to honour any deal struck up with the NCL over a 3 year deal,

i understand and agree clubs can march on without it im just qeustioning could a better deal have been done ( i would class my comments as a debate not mooning about summer before someone buts in)

#25 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Perhaps the RFL knew there was a funding cut coming and would only negotiate a 1 year deal until the funding announcements had been made

#26 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

For all the detractors of the current NCL regime i would like to see anyone else step up and do a better job, the move to summer was always going to polarise people but the unpresidented growth of the NCL during such austere times must prove its still is the place to be

No doubt the summer/winter debate will be ongoing for quite some time, but i think it would be in everyones interest to shelve it and review it properly at a defined timescale, the daily battles around it on here are becoming tiresome and frankly boring.

Its now time for the season to start and let the rugby be the focus, so best of luck to all teams competing in this years competition and lets make it the best yet

Edited by The knowledge, 27 February 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#27 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Apologies lost my thread. Let the games do the talking sounds the best way to go. that said the expansion of NCL when it has a summer monopoly at tier 3 in the North does somewhat takes the gloss off your progress statement. Quantity may not give the quality anticipated but time will tell.

#28 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Times are tough Marauder but the NCL have secured once more the ref fees for their clubs ( approx £ 14 k ) and are working on travel expenses at just over half of last years grant. There will also be transparency as to how the whole Sport England grant is made up for the Community Game.

Not bad when David Gent has had to lose approx half of his staff of 60 +.

Oh and the balls --Ryan Sparks has sponsored over 200 from League weekly - the clubs got them at the last meeting....

By the way the NCL is still independent , though you are unlikely to agree...........

Who pays for the touch judges? what was last years grant? transparency :D & 4 balls each from a sponsor not the RFL, When does the welcome mat come out for the dual reg players? (Or has David Gents phone gone with half of his staff?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#29 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Fair point Taxi Egg

NCL negotiated a deal that foresaw future issues and they simply asked that that deal be honoured. The RFL are doing that. Nothing to do with the Community Board or its composition..

I've told you before that Charly Bray and Martin Coyd rep Tier 4. If you have issues take them up with them.

Meanwhile I can't think that the NCL owe anyone any apologies for looking after their own League in these incredibly difficult times............

How have the other League Reps gone in their discussions with RFL.... ??

£10,000 to go summer

#30 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

40 pieces of silver?

#31 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

The clubs made an informed choice and would have made the move upon the recomendation of the management committee anyway, no club would be niave enough to think the travel grants would be a long term prospect to prop up tier 3, the grant isnt massive and may be less this year but we have managed without one for long enough and will manage again

The way people consistantly slate the NCL Management committee smacks of jelousy, perhaps if BARLA hadn't been stuck in the past and been a little more progressive then they would have been under the same umbrella anyway?

Yes the NCL gets good representation at the Community Board but surely thats their job and they can never be critisised for acting in the interest of their member clubs, maybe if the others got their act together they would be better served by the Community Board?

#32 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

The clubs made an informed choice and would have made the move upon the recomendation of the management committee anyway, no club would be niave enough to think the travel grants would be a long term prospect to prop up tier 3, the grant isnt massive and may be less this year but we have managed without one for long enough and will manage again

The way people consistantly slate the NCL Management committee smacks of jelousy, perhaps if BARLA hadn't been stuck in the past and been a little more progressive then they would have been under the same umbrella anyway?

Yes the NCL gets good representation at the Community Board but surely thats their job and they can never be critisised for acting in the interest of their member clubs, maybe if the others got their act together they would be better served by the Community Board?

Didn't some of the NCL committee also sit on the BARLA committee? & Have you honestly taken a good look at how the community board committee is made up and how bias towards the RFL it is.

#33 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

The pennine league should have that representation, but BARLA dont represent much of the game nowadays

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

The pennine league should have that representation, but BARLA dont represent much of the game nowadays

BARLA got a massive yes vote last week at a meeting of the districts.

#35 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

A massive YES vote for what.

#36 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Sorry Longman for going on but the reason for securing a 3 year deal is to protect against cut backs, i can only imagine that the RFL would have enough cash to honour any deal struck up with the NCL over a 3 year deal,

i understand and agree clubs can march on without it im just qeustioning could a better deal have been done ( i would class my comments as a debate not mooning about summer before someone buts in)

i agree i think the NCL should have agreed a 3 year amount, that was a mistake there is no point having a guarantee of funding if no amount is agreed but i dont think this funding played a big part in the swithc to summer.Maybe the RFL said they couldnt guarantee an amount for 3 years as they dont know what money they are receiving each year, and the NCL had o accept that or turn down the deal, which would have been foolish.

#37 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Duke , Peter and Trevor are not on the Community Board to represent the NCL .

#38 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hopfully to run a winter NCL then clubs would have a choice instead of being told tuff we are summer now stop moaning and get on with it

#39 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hopfully to run a winter NCL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#40 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

which districts were there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users