TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Dual Reg

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

For those that don't know there was an interesting meeting held last Thursday. Barrow could not attend because of the Batley game but I think the gist of the meeting can be found from the following link.

http://uk.eurosport....-181012972.html

Posted Image

#2 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

It will never get off the ground Michael.
It makes too much sense. !!!! The RFL bods will be baffled by it all though. lol

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

can you imagine the clubs who are already signed up saying oh ok then lets get rid of the system and go back to how it was...for one thing Swinton wouldnt have a team never mind a squad :unsure:

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

those rules suggested was how it should have been and how it was last year.We are linked with saints but have only used DR players in 1 of our 4 league games so far and that was too cover injuries,still think it was wrong gardner played for us.DR was never about playing established SL players and never should be.

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

I think there is a lot of things in what they propose that should be the way that the dual reg system works. The problem that I see is that 4 clubs (plus Barrow who weren't able to attend the meeting) are wanting to make this decision for the Championships and expect all the other clubs to sign it .

If these proposals are so good then let's see ALL the Championship clubs meet and discuss them. Some may want to add or take out something in the proposal to make it better but don't have the chance. We often complain about the RFL or SLE just foisting things on the Championship clubs and here we are with four of our own clubs wanting to do the same.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

The following article has been sent to me by email. I think it is excellent and spot on. Well done Phil Clarke'
Click on the following.:
http://www.skysports...0.html#comments

Posted Image

#7 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

The following article has been sent to me by email. I think it is excellent and spot on. Well done Phil Clarke'
Click on the following.:
http://www.skysports...0.html#comments

"damages the integrity of the competition". Priceless!

No promotion and relegation did that years ago. Have a go at that Phil. Oh wait a minute...

Can't believe we are squabbling over D\R when there is a much bigger issue that threatens our games future.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#8 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

"damages the integrity of the competition". Priceless!

No promotion and relegation did that years ago. Have a go at that Phil. Oh wait a minute...

Can't believe we are squabbling over D\R when there is a much bigger issue that threatens our games future.

Should your name be 'Leeds Hawk' rather than 'Castleford Hawk' if you're a hunslet fan ;).

Joking aside, the partnerships have ruined the Championship. Regardless of the P and R shambles I actually enjoyed watching my team in the Championship. It was competitive and fair. Now these partnerships have happened SL has now managed to take away one thing we had left in the Championship: a level playing field and integrity.

I like watching my club in a fair competition no matter what league it is, and these partnerships have taken that away. I'm proud of my club for not tieing up with SL as I know for a fact every win will taste that little bit sweeter.

#9 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

I just find it amazing that we can all be so outraged about this but let P&R go without raising a whimper.

I don't remember all this talk of integrity in 99 when we were refused entry to SL.

It's not just my club I feel sorry for but all those SL Grand Final winners with their hollow victories.

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Realistically there isn't anything Championship clubs can do about P and R it has been decided for now. The SL clubs get more of a vote than ourselves, and they're going to obviously be in favour of ensuring they receive millions of sky money.

Championship clubs can choose whether they can go into partnerships which is where the annoyance has come from. The RFl don't really care about the Championships if I'm honest, they want all the money in the top tier and feel licensing is the best way forward as it works in the NRL to an extent.

Nothing we can do about it I'm afraid, its an outrage yes I won't deny that but what little can we do? Wigan have more combined fans than all the Championship clubs put together so in the RFLs eyes they are far more valuable than the Championship clubs.

Its a harsh reality.

#11 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Things can and do change.

We swept the seas before boys, and so we shall again.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users