Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual Reg -again!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

If any of the promoted sides get within 30 of Fev this season that's their result of the year , but those games are irrelevant.

i agree David. Its the games against the teams around us in the league that are most important

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Sunday is a six pointer , it's huge . And remember Holty will be targeting this game to ... These are the games that keep you up or see you down .

#23 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

well now that barrow are sick of losing there have made a u-turn on there stance on dual reg. i wonder if there fans will do the same, they have a topic called workington vikings basically just having a dig at us. but they dont seem to realise we beat them easily using 1 playing and travel to york with none in our squad. in my opinion if your going to have these principles you stick with them, not change your mind after 5 games.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#24 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Just of the thread brisbane broncos v manly on channel 428.

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

well now that barrow are sick of losing there have made a u-turn on there stance on dual reg. i wonder if there fans will do the same, they have a topic called workington vikings basically just having a dig at us. but they dont seem to realise we beat them easily using 1 playing and travel to york with none in our squad. in my opinion if your going to have these principles you stick with them, not change your mind after 5 games.

Barrow are not the only one's doing u-turn over dual reg, although Holty sounds as if he is going down the loaning route rather than full partnership DR. A certain poster on here that posted umpteen posts on various forums about playing DR correctly has been crying out this week for his team to select 2 or 3 from their SL partner. Double standards seems to be the in term at the moment.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Not Keighley, surely someone so vehemently against it could be so hypocritical.

#27 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

If Holty has gone down the loan route its not DR and no need to have a go at him.
Its now not a level playing feld with the antics of other clubs, so if he needs to loan players then he has to. At least with a loan you get a player for a minimum of a month and none of this week to week business.

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Reality dawns that principle and morals are just sand in the wind this season . It's sink or swim . As we've said , you must help yourself because everyone else is looking after number one .. Keighley n Barra are bottom and they held out longest against getting outside help . We've built our own strong squad , not just a skeleton squad bulked up by the full DR quota . And that's gonna bode us well .We're probably the only linked up team who wouldnt be weakened if it was taken away , we're that strong alone and wouldnt miss dualreg .Lots of teams you see would be nothing without their big brother. Very short term mentality this has all engendered . Relegation looks like 2 from 5or6 , and no way can I include us in that . I see us only get stronger . Is it to late for these sides who've held out longest ?? Danger either way is it looks knee jerk and forced against your initial will .We'll see down the line .

Edited by DavidM, 08 March 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#29 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

As the league stands (yes is early days yet) but IMO Its looking like 2 from keighley barrow and haven for the drop so barra have to do something

#30 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

There's plenty of Widnes squad players who need some game time, apart from Hulme of course, as they have been twiddling their thumbs the last 4 - 5 weeks. Widnes will be keen they need to be match-fit if they need to be called into the first team as and when injuries kick-in.

Craven, Davies, Gilmore, Gore, Kavanagh, Lawton, Owens and Pickersgill have either made 1 or zero appearances for Widnes so far.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Holty then went and got one or 2 of the above on a months loan?

#31 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

A certain poster on here that posted umpteen posts on various forums about playing DR correctly has been crying out this week for his team to select 2 or 3 from their SL partner. Double standards seems to be the in term at the moment.

Keith what are you saying?! I can't believe this could be possible! Unlike a Mr BKM who appears to feel that you mean him and has started a thread dedicated to you. You are so lucky Keith, he obviously feels you will be compelled to answer his challenge because he has made a thread dedicated to it. But as you haven't named him I really can't see the point of his ire. Next it will be pistols at dawn on Parton shore!!
Keith you must learn to be much more considerate and not damage his delicate feelings with your reckless accusations and loose language.....

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#32 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

One of them put my name and AND where i work!!on their forum once.... :lol:
there big and hard hiding behind a computer screen!

shouldnt name people on forums...its out of order....

#33 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Most people who support haven can't be named for Security reasons..........
Social security reasons

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#34 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

There's plenty of Widnes squad players who need some game time, apart from Hulme of course, as they have been twiddling their thumbs the last 4 - 5 weeks. Widnes will be keen they need to be match-fit if they need to be called into the first team as and when injuries kick-in.

Craven, Davies, Gilmore, Gore, Kavanagh, Lawton, Owens and Pickersgill have either made 1 or zero appearances for Widnes so far.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Holty then went and got one or 2 of the above on a months loan?

Craven is out for two months , Gilmore & Owens have played regular in there under 19's , Gore has just come back from injury and has had game time ,Lawton has only just started training after breaking his hands. Davies wouldn't get in the Barrow side at the moment :lol: Kav has played twice BUT Pickers could really do with some game time . Hulmey has been playing and from what I hear might have another option for games if Workington are okay. Lawton was supposed to be on a years loan Worky before he got injured no not sure where that stands now

#35 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

if we dont bulk up our (raiders) squad soon it'll be relegation for sure unfortunately.

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#36 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

if we dont bulk up our (raiders) squad soon it'll be relegation for sure unfortunately.

Lee

get linked up dual reg lee. Get one or two a week to boost the squad and if your lads bag a win the confidence will grow. You got haven soon they are there for the taking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users