Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What a Try! The best of the match

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Dewsbury scored some very good tries on Sunday which were the culmination of well worked moves and good handling of the ball.

Yet the one I would choose to see again if I had the option was a one man effort from start to finish. The try Rob Spicer scored was worth the entrance money in itself. You could see from his face as soon as he broke the Whitehaven line that there was only one place he was going, and the Whitehaven Full Back, who was no mug, didn't have a hope of stopping him.

Spicer is one of those whose talents seemed to me to be on the wane a little last season. He had a great match on Sunday, so let's hope he continues to blossom again under the new regime.

#2 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I agree Steve (although I do like to see an interception try as I commented elsewhere). You could tell by the run he made, nobody but he was going to score. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Spicer captain?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#3 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

I agree Steve (although I do like to see an interception try as I commented elsewhere). You could tell by the run he made, nobody but he was going to score. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Spicer captain?

Think he was captain,he was the first one out of the tunnel when the teams came out.He would had been my first choice at the start of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users