Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield Eagles v Barrow Raiders (Change of Venue).

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

ok Keith thats answered that one...oh well. If I win the euromillions jackpot this friday I will buy the club the new £100k floodlights. Hows about that ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#22 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Nice to see on the club website that we've nearly hit the £20k mark with the floodlight appeal.

The breakdown of the various fundraising efforts also appears to not yet include any monies from the Holiday raffle. Good going so far!

#23 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I guess your natural assumption is that the BoD have no brains, or at least your sarcastic comments suggest this.

For what it is worth we made enquiries a number of weeks ago when the news first started to break but for a whole host of reasons it ain't going to happen.

Contrary to popular belief we do have our fingers on the pulse but a lack of money prohibits most things we want to do. Down the years I have seen few (if any) suggestions which haven't already been considered by the BoD.

We have most (if not all) of the answers to the club's problems but without a massive surge in income we are pretty much hamstrung. All previous boards have been in the same position more or less and there is just no easy way out of the cycle we constantly find ourselves in as a club. Hopefully we will one day break the cycle and then we can move onwards and upwards to where we all want to be.

Keith I was only having a laugh buddy!
Shame the Don Valley lights are not viable though.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users