League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven V Featherstone.Sun3rd March. 3pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Whitehaven To Win (7 votes [17.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (32 votes [82.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.05%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

This week we have a long journey up to Cumbria to play newly promoted Whitehaven (twinned with Saints)
. They have several Saints players in their squad which is enabling them to compete straight away after being promoted and with Dave Woods as coach they should never be under estimated . The home advantage should keep the scores pretty close and a Fev team on song for the full 80minutes should ensure the win.

Haven 20-44 Rovers

First Fev Try - Crossley

M.O.M. for Fev - Finn

Attendance - 1000
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

They have several Saints players in their squad which is enabling them to compete straight away after being promoted and with Dave Woods as coach they should never be under estimated .

Enabling them to compete ? They didn't seem to be competing too well at Dewsbury on Sunday!
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

fev to respond with an 80 minute job after a weeks a@se kicking B)
capper army in full song after a few sherbets ;) !

haven 12 fev 40
att- 1250 ...sizeable capper contingent

#4 BLUEROVER

BLUEROVER
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'ts going to be very hard at Whitehaven bet it's going to be a mud bath

Whitehaven 16 Featherstone 28

First try Worthington

mom bostock

#5 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Please get your facts right,we have no saints players in our squad,in the 4 games so far we have used only 2 DR players in one game cougars away.In the other 3 games woods has declined the use of DR players and used our own squad.The pitch is firm at the moment and forecast is dry and bright all week so it won't be a mud bath.Very disappointed with the performance at Dews well in it at HT but they hit a pruple patch start of 2nd half and blew us away.If we turn up in right frame of mind we will make a game of it,if not iit's a tonking for us

Edited by haven4ever, 26 February 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#6 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Decent weather, favourable conditions, firm pitch - just what weve been waiting for all season to give out a whipping!

However the team have done the opposite of everyones expectations so on that basis i predict.......

Haven 18 Fev 24

1st try JJP - haven will score first IMO but Hodson 1st fev scorer

MoM Finn

Att 1176

I am of course hoping for the exact opposite of what i just wrote bar the opening line

#7 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

I do hope Haven get a win and I am sure they will. Not many Championship sides will win at the Rec this season. Haven's team will perform at lot better than they did last week.

A hard game with Fev maybe scraping a bonus point Robin :D

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Have you been admitted under sec 3 again francis?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Whitehaven play with pride on their own ground...tough encounter;
Whitehaven.....22 Fev ....28
mom...England
att.......1197

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Tellin ya. Cricket score!

#11 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

You won't lose with that many Robin. BeLEIGHve :lol:

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Tellin ya. Cricket score!

If its true about the weather being dry and a dry pitch robin I think you will be right. I fear for haven as i think someone's due for a right tonking after the last 2 second halfs we have done and Im sure DP will have kicked a few butts through this week. I will go 70 plus to Fev ( that's if it is a dry day and dry pitch like as been stated).

#13 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

70 plus I very much doubt it

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

70 plus I very much doubt it

You could be right because our mentality at the minute is get the job done before HT and have a coffee or 2 as the games already won. Which I don't mind to be honest as we blitz teams away and save fitness and players getting injured I guess but I bet DP isn't happy about us chilling in the second halfs that's why I think we will play for the full 80 this week. My prediction was on a good weather day as I feel no team will match us this season on a dry pitch. The so called smaller clubs in our league have a chance of a BP at the minute with the conditions kind of levelling the games up all be it not quite levelling it up but you know what I mean.

#15 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

You could be right because our mentality at the minute is get the job done before HT and have a coffee or 2 as the games already won. Which I don't mind to be honest as we blitz teams away and save fitness and players getting injured I guess but I bet DP isn't happy about us chilling in the second halfs that's why I think we will play for the full 80 this week. My prediction was on a good weather day as I feel no team will match us this season on a dry pitch. The so called smaller clubs in our league have a chance of a BP at the minute with the conditions kind of levelling the games up all be it not quite levelling it up but you know what I mean.

Gaz,

I understand where you are coming from to a point (in that your comments come from confidance in our own team), but if you re-read this you can see why people are starting to regard Fev fans as arrogant. The 1st time we slip up against one of these so called lesser lights then we are going to get such a well desered slating on here.

It ain't long ago that we went up to Haven and expected to come away having been beaten soundly.

Let's enjoy the wins now as they come, but to say we are going to win by 50/60/70 points all the time is disrespectful to these proud clubs and their proud supporters.

I'm going Sunday expecting a win, hoping for a good win and would be surprised to get beat, but it would be far from fantastic to see Haven win.

But win, lose or draw I know that we will have a good crack with some great supporters up in that part of the world.

Edited by The Grinder, 27 February 2013 - 01:21 PM.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Gaz,

I understand where you are coming from to a point (in that your comments come from confidance in our own team), but if you re-read this you can see why people are starting to regard Fev fans as arrogant. The 1st time we slip up against one of these so called lesser lights then we are going to get such a well desered slating on here.

It ain't long ago that we went up to Haven and expected to come away having been beaten soundly.

Let's enjoy the wins now as they come, but to say we are going to win by 50/60/70 points all the time is disrespectful to these proud clubs and their proud supporters.

I'm going Sunday expecting a win, hoping for a good win and would be surprised to get beat, but it would be far from fantastic to see Haven win.

But win, lose or draw I know that we will have a good crack with some great supporters up in that part of the world.

I don't mean it to come across as arrogant its just an opinion. Also I've watched us through the good and the bad and the bad is an understatement we have been to hell and back as a club and i for one am enjoying it while it lasts surely I deserve to gloat about our great club because over the years other clubs have got stuck into our club slagging it off etc now IMO its our turn.

Edited by thundergaz, 27 February 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#17 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

could be a couple of big name saints playing on sunday

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I don't mean it to come across as arrogant its just an opinion. Also I've watched us through the good and the bad and the bad is an understatement we have been to hell and back as a club and i for one am enjoying it while it lasts surely I deserve to gloat about our great club because over the years other clubs have got stuck into our club slagging it off etc now IMO its our turn.

no its not.
Someone else behaves like a tool means you have to too?? Is that what we're really about??
And gloat??? Gloat implies looking down upon/mocking others. I wish to do neither.
I reckon we'll win with a big score on sunday. Backlash from tge coaching team... haven will feel it.
That's confidence in my team. But I do not wish to appear arrogant or gloat at any club in our league gaz..
Poor choice of words owd cocker.. unless you really feel that way???

#19 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

could be a couple of big name saints playing on sunday

It doesn't matter that much 5 saints first teamers won't effect the result just maybe effect the score.

#20 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

no its not.
Someone else behaves like a tool means you have to too?? Is that what we're really about??
And gloat??? Gloat implies looking down upon/mocking others. I wish to do neither.
I reckon we'll win with a big score on sunday. Backlash from tge coaching team... haven will feel it.
That's confidence in my team. But I do not wish to appear arrogant or gloat at any club in our league gaz..
Poor choice of words owd cocker.. unless you really feel that way???

Yeah true reading it back it is a bad choice of words. What I meant to say is I have a lot if confidence in our team for once to get the job done and done well. It's just nice not to be in the jaws of watching ###### week in week out for a change which we indured for so long. I'm confident in our team as long as its not a final 😄😄😄.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users