TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven V Featherstone.Sun3rd March. 3pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Whitehaven To Win (7 votes [17.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (32 votes [82.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.05%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Thundergaz, you should get your wish regarding the firm ground as we have had a week of glorious spring sunshine and the grounds are drying out great. I was at Newcastle at the weekend where it was freezing cold and 4 inches of snow. I got back to west Cumbria in time for the Town - Sheffield match played in glorious sunshine. I think the forecast from now to Sunday is quite good as well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yeah true reading it back it is a bad choice of words. What I meant to say is I have a lot if confidence in our team for once to get the job done and done well. It's just nice not to be in the jaws of watching ###### week in week out for a change which we indured for so long. I'm confident in our team as long as its not a final .

You need to work on your metaphors! And poor choice of words? Giving the wrong impression? No surely not!

#23 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

One year I think I remember travelling to Haven two weeks on the trot ( cup and league) a being beaten on both occasions, so a win for me in any form will be fine.

It will be good to travel there again, they are a great traditional club.

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#24 febreze

febreze
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

FEV 56 HAVEN 18
1ST TRY TOM HODS
MOM BRIGGSY
ATT1600

#25 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yes, I am biased, over the top and exuding confidence. Only one thing that will defeat us and that is the state of the grounds. Drying out nicely now = no holding us.

#26 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

No saints DR players this week ,woods sticking with our own squad again

#27 roversspud

roversspud
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Well done Haven! Long may it continue!
"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

#28 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

No saints DR players this week ,woods sticking with our own squad again

Clever bloke is woods. He's done the right thing as he probably felt you wouldn't beat us with the saints players in your squad anyway. So he probably wants to see how far off his set of players are when it comes to the top 5 teams. Very shrewd indeed good bit of thinking if this is the case.

#29 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Clever bloke is woods. He's done the right thing as he probably felt you wouldn't beat us with the saints players in your squad anyway. So he probably wants to see how far off his set of players are when it comes to the top 5 teams. Very shrewd indeed good bit of thinking if this is the case.

Haven have only used SL players once this season. Once again, think about how arrogant this will come across to Haven supporters who look in on this forum. Woods will be going all out to try and beat us this week, as he should.

#30 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

not really arrogant i said similar myself.if we drafted in 3 or 4 saints players and still got beat then where do we go from there?so let those who let the club down last week put it right.A very tough game but dont expect a walkover,we will always be tough on our own pitch

#31 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Haven have only used SL players once this season. Once again, think about how arrogant this will come across to Haven supporters who look in on this forum. Woods will be going all out to try and beat us this week, as he should.

It's not arrogance it's being realistic. Obviously woods and his team will be going out to beat us I wouldn't expect any different. But if they did beat us I would be very surprised and not happy with our squad and coaching staff. If we want to win things no dis respect to haven but we should be beating teams like them easily.

#32 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

teams like them...now that is arrogant.As for beating us easily lets see what on unfolds on sunday like i said we will be up for this

#33 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

teams like them...now that is arrogant.As for beating us easily lets see what on unfolds on sunday like i said we will be up for this

Newly promoted teams shouldn't be troubling us if we want to win everything this year that's what I was saying. Personally I don't think we will win any final this year but that's just my opinion.

#34 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

could be a couple of big name saints playing on sunday

Aye, Peter and Paul. Bring em on

#35 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

He's done the right thing as he probably felt you wouldn't beat us with the saints players in your squad anyway.

Good Grief!!!

Cummins Out.

#36 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

http://www.newsandst...ath=sport/haven

DAVE Woods is not prepared  look for a “quick fix” solution and ask St Helens’ superstars to bale out Whitehaven against league leaders Featherstone Rovers on Sunday.

The Haven coach has the option of turning to the Super League giants, their partner club, but is determined to show faith in his own squad, in their toughest test of the season to date.

He said: “It would be easy for me as coach to ask for Tommy Makinson, if he’s not playing this week, or Gary Wheeler, but it would send out the wrong message.

“I don’t think that’s a long term fix. It’s a quick fix. We have to look to Whitehaven Rugby League, rather than expect help from others, though there will be times we need to use Saints’ players. We need a reaction from our boys.”

Woods reckons Featherstone, who have topped the table for the past three seasons, are the ideal opponents to face after last week’s second-half debacle at Dewsbury, as many outside the club are writing off their chances.

“It’s a good thing that it’s Featherstone, because no one expects us to do anything,” he said. “But I expect to win every game, and if we do everything right, we can beat anyone on our day.

“They have been the top side for three years and it’s a difficult ask. It’s a very, very difficult assignment, but we have faith in our boys.”

Woods has only looked to Saints once this term, Ade Gardner and Anthony Walker both turning in fine performances in the win at Keighley.

Back-rower Matty Dale, who had a short loan stint at the Recre in 2007 when with Hull FC, is available for Rovers after missing the win against Hunslet last weekend with a shoulder injury, but Jack Bussey (shoulder) is still doubtful.

Second-row Tim Spears is ready to make his first-team comeback following shoulder surgery.

Rovers coach Daryl Powell said: “We’ve a short turn round next week, playing Whitehaven on Sunday and Keighley next Thursday, so I will looking to utilise the full squad for those two games and Tim Spears will probably play in one of the two matches.”k for a “quick fix” solution and ask St Helens’ superstars to bale out Whitehaven against league leaders Featherstone Rovers on Sunday.

#37 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Think some fans are getting carried away thinking we should be winning by 60 odd points We have a strong squad but the other teams in this league are v good as well and teams will beat us

Fev 32. Whitehaven 18 Hope it's dry

#38 Robinho71

Robinho71
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

I do hope we have too much for Haven on Sunday but its always a tricky place to go! They still have Rooney, always a danger don't care what anyone says and JJ Parker too! Signed a big Pap player this week so their making strides and I like them in this division! It's always a banana skin and I'm glad Woods is going with his own guys! Plus I like the colours of their kit, no blue n white hoops like but still! Like haven n what their trying to do up there! Always try n bring numbers and looking forward to getting them down here!

Good luck Haven I just hope we have too much for you!

#39 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Been very dry up here ,has been all week very spring Like weather.No rain forecast either so pitch should be firm and suit both teams

#40 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Great start Worthington try after 2 mins Finny from touchline, 6 mins Kain try Finn another from touchline 12-0 to Rovers 7 mins gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users