Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sam Tomkins' new column in the Daily Mail

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Yes, Salford's new superstar ;) now has a fortnightly column, and in the Daily Wail, too! :o

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it.

Good to see exposure like this for the game. It's exactly the sort of thing many have been crying out for (even if it is in the daily wail, but you can't have everything). Also heard positive mentions on BBC R2 yesterday bigging up the game saying this year is world cup year. All going in the right direction.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it.

Good to see exposure like this for the game. It's exactly the sort of thing many have been crying out for (even if it is in the daily wail, but you can't have everything). Also heard positive mentions on BBC R2 yesterday bigging up the game saying this year is world cup year. All going in the right direction.

The Daily Wail is exactly one of the areas where we need more of a presence, given their circulation and the massive number of 'hits' on their website, and the fact that they've rarely had a good word for RL in the past.

Okay, so Sam's first effort is a bit stilted, but the experience of writing a regular column will help his media-savviness.

Edited by Futtocks, 26 February 2013 - 03:40 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

The Daily Wail is exactly one of the areas where we need more of a presence, given their circulation and the massive number of 'hits' on their website, and the fact that they've rarely had a good word for RL in the past.

Okay, so Sam's first effort is a bit stilted, but the experience of writing a regular column will help his media-savviness.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It just feels all wrong writing something positive about the mail. :blink:
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It just feels all wrong writing something positive about the mail. :blink:

The saying goes that even a stopped clock is correct twice a day. Now even the Daily Wail prints a Rugby League column twice a month.

#6 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Slaving over his old Olivetti into the wee small hours. He'll be needing a change of scenery soon.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#7 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Yes, he writes his own column...... :rolleyes:

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#8 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Who's going to teach Tomkins xenophobia and scaremongering?... :lol:
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Yes, he writes his own column...... :rolleyes:

Let's face it, it doesn't read like a professional journalist's work, does it?

#10 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Nowt wrong with Mail.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape