• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

LINK TO ARTICLE

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,748 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Lots of speculation there. Still he's the sort of bloke that speculation follows.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#3 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

He's already played for the Kiwis at senior level so shouldn't be allowed to play for another country.He was born in NZ and played for the country of birth,why does he want to play for another country now?

#4 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I thought $bw was going to give the RLWC a miss due to his "boxing."

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,748 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Where there's an audience and money to be made ...

Let's just see how ready for footie he is first. I guess he will be good enough for international RL, won't he?

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

If the International Tiddlywinks Association waved enough dollars at Khoder Nasser, $BW would be flipping plastic counters tomorrow.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,748 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

AS far as the aussie media are concerned, SBW is box office gold. They know that news of his exploits has a big audience.
Roosters membership is up by more than a quarter over last season. Sponsors are queuing up to get involved.
Even Warriors are playing their second round game against Roosters at a bigger stadium that I suspect in part will be because they expect a bigger attendance than Mt Smart can hold.
Channel 9 and others are promoting him extensively and the NRL will no doubt be using him more once he's playing in a Roosters jumper.

#8 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Will the Polynesians want a Muslim convert??
If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#9 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,748 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sbw talking on Channel 9 half time match coverage. SBW suited and booted ... and with a Roosters tie and Roosters backdrop. Quiet spoken and philosophical. 'You're' a long time retired type comment.

#10 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

I'm hearing he has walked out on his contract with the Roosters,anyone confirm?

#11 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'm hearing he has walked out on his contract with the Roosters,anyone confirm?

Doh,April fool!

#12 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,748 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Half an hour after breaking their hearts, Sonny Bill Williams finally gave Canterbury fans something they have been craving for four-and-a-half years - a public apology.

The scene was at his first game against the club he walked out on mid-contract in 2008.(R6 2013)

I'm a lot more mature right now and if I could go back, I definitely would change a lot of the things that happened but I can't," Williams said of his dramatic departure from the Bulldogs.

"I apologised as soon as I came back and I guess that hasn't gotten across in the media too much.

"But for me, it was good facing up and just facing it head on and it was surprising to me coming through the gates (and being asked) to take some photos with some of the Canterbury fans.

"I said during the week I understand some of the ill feeling towards me from the fans but, for myself, it was never about the players that I played with or the fans. I always had a pretty good relationship with them.

"It was about some stuff that went on with the hierarchy and I guess I just had to sort stuff out for myself - I was pretty young back then."

Williams denied there was a sense of relief that the game was finally out of the way, admitting that there will always be some tension whenever he comes up against the Bulldogs.

Well he's talked the talk.

He wasn't in the game a lot today but when he did figure he showed how he could score and feed tries.

The TV commentary team made the most of every occasion to talk about him, even interviewing a young girl Roosters fan with whom he exchanged high fives after he scored a try.

Not sure if it was the Heritage game or the SBW show.

#13 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

He wasn't in the game a lot today but when he did figure he showed how he could score and feed tries.

Yeah, he didn't do much, but what he did was class. Superb player, and clearly a lot more mature and confident in himself than when he left the game 5 years ago. Got to be a certainty for the Kiwis next week, and hopefully he'll be around to play in the World Cup. Hope so, as I'll be seeing the Kiwis play Samoa at the HJ.

#14 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

When the questions were asked he answered emphatically, hopefully will see him feature in the ANZAC Test next Frday!

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#15 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Looks like SK doesn't want Money Bill :lol:

Teams announced Sunday :

Australia : Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brett Morris, Johnathan Thurston. Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (capt), James Tamou, Greg Bird, Sam Thaiday, Paul Gallen. Interchange: Kurt Gidley, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles, Anthony Watmough. 18th man: Josh Morris.

New Zealand : Jesse Bromwich, Kieran Foran, Alex Glenn, Josh Hoffman, Shaun Johnson, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino, Sam McKendry, Jason Nightingale, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Kevin Proctor, Jeremy Smith, Elijah Taylor, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dean Whare.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#16 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Looks like SK doesn't want Money Bill :lol:

Teams announced Sunday :
Australia : Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brett Morris, Johnathan Thurston. Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (capt), James Tamou, Greg Bird, Sam Thaiday, Paul Gallen. Interchange: Kurt Gidley, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles, Anthony Watmough. 18th man: Josh Morris.New Zealand : Jesse Bromwich, Kieran Foran, Alex Glenn, Josh Hoffman, Shaun Johnson, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino, Sam McKendry, Jason Nightingale, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Kevin Proctor, Jeremy Smith, Elijah Taylor, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dean Whare.

That's because SBW is "injured."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users