TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Eric France Bust

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Read on Wakefield Express website that Eric France has closed for the last time and laid off all the staff.
They owe the tax man over £20 million
Looks like we've no sponsor
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Heard on twitter that the Rams will be making a statement regarding this issue soon.

#3 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Have we found another sponsor?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#4 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

There will be an interim Statement in the next couple of days.

When the situation has been fully resolved and agreed, a full Announcement will follow.

In the meantime, we need as many people as possible to join the new Lottery, re-join Drema
and support the proposed Independent Supporters Group. The club also needs more people to
attend the Royal Suite after each Home game and help us to increase the Bar sales and keep our
Tetley's Sponsorship.

#5 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Have we got a new lottery? I mean one that doesn't all go to the Bulls? The club should really be pushing these initiatives. Would an email to all from the club be a good idea? As far as the bars go we should be trying to attract visiting supporters to our club pre match. 3 coachloads of Fev fans that went to HHWMC for example.

#6 Rams Media Team

Rams Media Team
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

http://www.totalrl.c...ch-local-lotto/

#7 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

The Rams have launched a new lottery - details of this were posted on this forum yesterday at 7.15pm. Information is also available on the web site and will be featured in this week's Dewsbury Reporter and Press. It is on Twitter and is on the newsletter that has been circulated to everyone on our mailing list. If you want to be added to this mailing list please e-mail the club at info@dewsburyrams.co,uk., Unfortunately arrangements were finalised too late for inclusion in the Whitehaven match day programme. Opportunities to join the scheme will be available at the World Cup Tour event at the Tetley's Stadium on Wednesday 6th March from 6.00pm (more on this to follow through the Media Team) and handouts will be pushed out during our next home match against Leigh Centurions. If you can help to promote the lottery in any way the club would be delighted to hear from you. If you would like to set up as an agent even better and there are commission payments and other rewards for agents.

#8 PockRam

PockRam
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ok chaps and lasses, thinking caps on. We need a new main sponsor! Go......

#9 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

There will be an official statement issued tomorrow via the Rams Media Team regarding the Eric France situation.

#10 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

If I could read that would help :wub:

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

If I could read that would help :wub:

Well u are from dewsbury....... hang on so am I.

Theres proof if ever you needed it!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#12 PockRam

PockRam
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

This is on Dewsbury Reporter website;

Dewsbury Rams have today (Wednesday) issued a lengthy statement regarding the shortfall the face following the news that major sponsor Eric France Scrap Metal had ceased trading.

The full statement reads “As most supporters are aware the club’s Main Sponsor, Eric France, is no longer trading and is in Liquidation and our sympathies go with those employees who have now lost their jobs through this action.

Consequently, the Sponsorship deal signed in late 2012 has ceased with immediate effect resulting in a significant shortfall in the budgeted income for Seasons 2013 and 2014.

“The Directors and Shareholders of the club have been working with Eric France as well as potential new sponsors of the club for some weeks to try to alleviate the situation and secure the medium term future of the club.

“Unfortunately this has come hard on the heels of the failure of the club’s lottery arrangement with the Bradford Bulls which became unsustainable due to a significant drop in membership particularly from our area. The club has already launched a new lottery to revitalise this part of the business but until this lottery is up to full strength there will be a negative financial impact on the club.

“The Directors and Shareholders are determined that the day to day running of the club will not be affected and have implemented the necessary measures to ensure that this is the case. It is also the view of the Board that the club needs to look to the longer term future and not just short term on the playing side. A number of players have already attracted the interest of potential suitors and the club has reacted to this by starting a programme of tying key young players to the club beyond 2013. Details of these negotiations will be released in due course as will an announcement, as soon as is practically possible, in respect of the possible new Sponsorship arrangements.

“In the meantime the club will be carrying out a review of exactly what income levels will be required to enable the club to become a major force in the Championship. All potential revenue areas will be considered in order to maximise revenue to the club. It is vital that supporters and anyone with an interest in Dewsbury Rams play their part by joining either the club’s lottery or DREMA scheme, buying match day programmes and official merchandise, patronising any of the club’s three licensed bars and by pushing the name of the Rams to potential sponsors. If we all work together on this we can achieve many of the targets we want to set ourselves as a club both on the pitch and around development of stadium facilities. Neither can happen without the income streams necessary to fund this and the club needs supporters to play their part as much as possible.

“Finally the club would like to re-assure supporters that the Eastern Terracing Project will not be affected by this situation and work will commence when the revised construction method and Emergency Lighting Scheme requested by Kirklees Building Control is approved.”

#13 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Ok chaps and lasses, thinking caps on. We need a new main sponsor! Go......

Tetleys...
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#14 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Tetleys...

On the brewery idea (however fanciful) would prefer Ossett Brewery. Local and has the added benefit to the club being able to market function rooms with decent, respected, local hand pulled beer!

In reality I expect that if Ossett were in any way interested they would have been in touch and considered before now. One can only hope!

More constructively, I will be signing up for the new lottery etc, as soon as I can. Not exactly gonna fill the gap but its a start!

#15 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

On the brewery idea (however fanciful) would prefer Ossett Brewery. Local and has the added benefit to the club being able to market function rooms with decent, respected, local hand pulled beer!

In reality I expect that if Ossett were in any way interested they would have been in touch and considered before now. One can only hope!

More constructively, I will be signing up for the new lottery etc, as soon as I can. Not exactly gonna fill the gap but its a start!

Having thought about this, I suspect Tetley's naming rights and supply deal give them exclusivity over what we can sell. Shame - their products are "poor" (my first word wasn't allowed).

Still does not mean we can't sell a shirt deal though!!

#16 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Having thought about this, I suspect Tetley's naming rights and supply deal give them exclusivity over what we can sell. Shame - their products are "poor" (my first word wasn't allowed).

Still does not mean we can't sell a shirt deal though!!

Sadly correct. Tetley's is garbage nowadays

#17 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

To pay out £60k in prize money I would think the lottery would need 1400 members to break even

#18 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Ossett brewery would be heaven. Given that the only decent ale in the area is at the huntsman, there is a huge catchment arround shaw cross. I'd like to see the bottom bar turned into a real ale pub with grub at dinner time and evening, because good ale attracts customers - but it seems we are stuck with tetleys and sod all chance of much custom. :(

#19 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Ossett brewery would be heaven. Given that the only decent ale in the area is at the huntsman, there is a huge catchment arround shaw cross. I'd like to see the bottom bar turned into a real ale pub with grub at dinner time and evening, because good ale attracts customers - but it seems we are stuck with tetleys and sod all chance of much custom. :(

disagree with the huntsman being the best pint in the area.Hanging heaton do a pint for £1.70 and it will leave em all standing.However main point is the south stand bar and if we could develop it into a fans bar bit more cosier etc.Keep it open for an hour after match we might get a few more punters.The fact is alot of people hate the ques in the main bar after the match.

#20 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

You have a very viable point there Equalizer I haven't been in the South Stand Bar as yet but your right the queue for a drink in the main bar is to say the least unreal not enough pumps or staff to cope bet It's bad for a sportsmans dinner with big drinkers a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users