Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Eric France Bust

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

You have a very viable point there Equalizer I haven't been in the South Stand Bar as yet but your right the queue for a drink in the main bar is to say the least unreal not enough pumps or staff to cope bet It's bad for a sportsmans dinner with big drinkers.

#22 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I really hope the loss of the sponsorship monies doesn't create Dewsbury to many financial problems. The last thing rugby league needs is the loss of such a traditional club.

Good luck in securing new funding and for the season barring of course this Sunday.

Good fans are the Dewsbury folk.

PS please make sure Roger the Ram comes over to Leigh Sports on Sunday.

#23 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I can't remember how many times I have fancied a halftime pint only to be faced with a queue that sent me back to the terraces. I believe the pro drinkers deliberately miss the last 5 mins of the first half in order to get to the front of the queue. I know we can't all be served at once but surely there's something that could be done. Every pint NOT sold is revenue lost.
Is it possible/legal to pre-pull pints? Surely most orders are for a pint of lager/bitter, you'd soon work out how many to do. How about rounding up/down the prices to make change a bit quicker too (are you really bothered about 6 or 7 pence?)
As for opening the Southstand bar after the game... I agree with equalizer, it would need to be made a bit cosier, but might work - especially in the summer.

#24 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

At most theatres you pre-pay your drinks for the interval, so yes it is legal to do it. It is quite simple, just pull 10/20 pints of lager and bitter in advance or pre-sell for half-time and have them all pulled and pre-paid. And for those who insist on a freshly pulled pint they can queue up.

It just takes some initiative, even if you throw a few pints away, you make more overall.

And to those fans who park on the road or have their pre-match pint elsewhere just park in the ground £20 for whole season and drink at the ground. Every bit helps the club.

#25 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hanging heaton do a pint for £1.70 and it will leave em all standing.

Pint of what though?

And "if it leaves them all standing", for some that's missing the point entirely!! :huh:

#26 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Pint of what though?

And "if it leaves them all standing", for some that's missing the point entirely!! :huh:

Decent beer although its not about the Huntsman or H.H its about the Rams selling more beer.

#27 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Decent beer although its not about the Huntsman or H.H its about the Rams selling more beer.

Maybe HHWMC and Huntsman are relevant as one sells cheaper beer and one sells better quality beer, so people would choose to drink at those two establishments due to one of those reasons

#28 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Maybe HHWMC and Huntsman are relevant as one sells cheaper beer and one sells better quality beer, so people would choose to drink at those two establishments due to one of those reasons

Aye - and the dream is the lower bar turned into a cosy little real ale pub selling ossett brewery beer served up by nigella lawson (or a lady with similar qualifications), kevins pork pies on the bar and with reruns of match highlights of cuurent and past matches on the telly - problem is, if I went in I'd probably never come out again. :o

#29 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

If you want to help support the club, drink in the club's bars. It is a rugby club and not a pub so will never sell the best range of beers etc..Every pound more spent at the club helps. It is only 14 Sundays out of the year, that leaves 351 days to drink wherever you want.

#30 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

If you want to help support the club, drink in the club's bars. It is a rugby club and not a pub so will never sell the best range of beers etc..Every pound more spent at the club helps. It is only 14 Sundays out of the year, that leaves 351 days to drink wherever you want.

I already do - but there are limited opportunities aren't there. Does the bar open at dinner times or nights other than matchdays and functions?

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

So, we start out with the really bad news that we've lost our main sponsor then the fans on here determine that the critical factor in all of this is when the bar is open and what beer is served. That'll fix it I guess.

Call me a Cassandra if you will but I foresee problems heading the clubs way because of this loss of income.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Pint of what though?

Think he is talking about ruddles...
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#33 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Good luck with sponsorship and for the season. As long as that doesn't carry on to the Bulldogs matches :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users