League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Thurs

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Ok any predictions for this thursday, fax fans welcome to predict too.
Think were playing ok and fax seem to be a bit of the boil so.
Dogs 26 Fax 14

#2 Nigel Fax

Nigel Fax
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Got to agree with you, i believe we may come unstuck on thursday,
Fax 22 Batley 28

#3 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Got to agree with you, i believe we may come unstuck on thursday,
Fax 22 Batley 28

I'd be well happy with that Nigel

#4 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'm affraid i see a closly fought contest coming down to desire and for that reason alone i think the dogs will beat us by 10 points.

The problem with fax is you never know who is going to turn up and perform, if the first 4 games are to go by then i think a dull boring game from us is to be expected, i hope im wrong and its extremely exciting and that we win denying you a bonus point, ( for obvious season end reasons ).

#5 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Not sure about this game, fax are unbeaten, going to go 21. 20 to the DOGS, but we have a lot to thankfax for, if they hadn't have beaten us 72.0, gt may have stayed a few more games, leaving it too late for Karl and handforth to save us from relegation, then they took Karl off us, meaning we could progress further by signing the flair players from fax that Karl didn't want like blackie, and miles, yes thank you halifax, hope it's a great game tomorrow, with Batley coming out on top

Just seen on the fax forum, the referee is Mr George Stokes

Edited by Batley Bob, 27 February 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#6 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Not sure about this game, fax are unbeaten, going to go 21. 20 to the DOGS, but we have a lot to thankfax for, if they hadn't have beaten us 72.0, gt may have stayed a few more games, leaving it too late for Karl and handforth to save us from relegation, then they took Karl off us, meaning we could progress further by signing the flair players from fax that Karl didn't want like blackie, and miles, yes thank you halifax, hope it's a great game tomorrow, with Batley coming out on top

Just seen on the fax forum, the referee is Mr George Stokes

I dont think that was the only factor in him going Bob - the dreadful performances all that season and the 2 previous ones, and the walloping at home by Toulouse on the Easter Monday after were all straws that broke this particular Donkeys back.

That being said, the game on Thursday has all the makings of a cracker, and i couldnt call it either way if im honest, Halifax are due an improved performance and we are coming off the back of an indifferent performance at Barrow, albeit in tought circumstances with the travel on a Thursday and the bitterly cold night it was.All set for a really enjoyable game and cant wait.

Edited by buford t justice, 27 February 2013 - 01:49 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#7 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Batley cant lose ive even had a bet and taken you lot.

#8 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Can't see there being a lot in it (as ever these days) - Batley 24-18 Halifax

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

I dont think that was the only factor in him going Bob - the dreadful performances all that season and the 2 previous ones, and the walloping at home by Toulouse on the Easter Monday after were all straws that broke this particular Donkeys back.

That being said, the game on Thursday has all the makings of a cracker, and i couldnt call it either way if im honest, Halifax are due an improved performance and we are coming off the back of an indifferent performance at Barrow, albeit in tought circumstances with the travel on a Thursday and the bitterly cold night it was.All set for a really enjoyable game and cant wait.

I remember walking out of The Shay that evening thinking it could not get any worse, and then leaving the Mount after Toulouse and realising it had.
Anyway, close tonight. Halifax unbeaten and therefore slight favourites. Nothing to choose between the two sides.

#10 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

it really could go either way. i cant see there being much more than 6pts in it. Based on the last few encounters between both sides it will be a cracker!.

#11 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Any online linlks to the game?
(Unlikely to be able to get there tonight. :( )
I predict a narrow loss for the 'dogs, 14-22.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#12 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Halifax have won all four games so far, but judging by their performances, they haven't been convincing. With that in mind I can only see a Batley victory.

Batley 30 - 16 Halifax.

Att: 922.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#13 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Come on fax

#14 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Poor reffing got you out of jail tonight
smith should have walked without out doubt
for the headbutt..weather it hit or not intent was there..no sane fan could disagree.

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Poor reffing got you out of jail tonight
smith should have walked without out doubt
for the headbutt..weather it hit or not intent was there..no sane fan could disagree.

Thanks for that, I thought it was a great game too.

#16 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Fax like 18 8 up keep hold ov the ball joke like

#17 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

What?

#18 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

just watched the game myself, you can't beat end to end rugby I thoroughly enjoyed it, good result for both teams really one that could have gone either way, couldn't see if the kick Tom was denied really missed or not but he wasn't pleased with that decision that's for certain.

#19 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Translator anyone?

#20 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Fax were 18 8 up with 7mins left y did they not keep hold of the ball lol cumbrian talk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users