Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shouldn't this be Red and White ?

Rovers new stand wrong colour

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

No-one has “rattled my cage”, I’m giving my views on the situation re: the 2 Hull sides’ stadium joys/traumas of recent years, something I feel equipped to do in spite of the fact that I follow Rovers.

The location of the KC makes sense, being as it is both central and on the train approach and with good motorway links. But it’s not implausible that it could have been earmarked slightly more East. 10 years later and it might even have formed part of the current North Bransholme regeneration. Hull is a big old place. Had Rovers been in rude health in the late 90s and FC down at heel, it’s quite possible that City and Rovers would have buddied up instead and FC fans now be grumbling about a botched council attempt to level the score. And they would be entitled to. This is all I’m saying.

Fair enough but all talk of the KC and Hull FC is a smokescreen as far as the issue of Hull KR's new stand is concerned. You seem to believe the council are at fault but It appears to me that Hudgell or whoever he delegated to oversee the project has taken their eye off the ball in a big way. He went very quiet in the local media after the council slapped him down publicly. Cheap shots at his 'cross city rivals' don't really answer the questions about his handling of the project.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#42 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,974 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

This blue cladding aint half making the weather nice.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#43 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

This blue cladding aint half making the weather nice.

You wouldn't have seen it this morning with all the fog.

#44 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

You wouldn't have seen it this morning with all the fog.

Perfect for sneaking in the new seats:

Posted Image

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users