TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

castleford in the mire?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Good luck Cas, to drop from FT to PT for a min of 3 years is a hole few would return from - a second FT tier allows rebuilding both up and down.

Edited by sweaty craiq, 28 February 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#42 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

I was referring more to this quote

But I do now realise it was on the other Cas thread so apologies

Aye, we'll have to wait and see about that one. And I genuinely hope it doesn't come to it.

#43 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Good luck Cas, to drop from FT to PT for a min of 3 years is a hole few would return from - a second FT tier allows rebuilding both up and down.

I think circumstances are starting to potentially dictate this happening. London, Cas, Salford, Bradford (on half dough), Fev, Halifax, Sheff, Leigh and possibly Widnes plus ano would make a good 2nd tier that was affordable.

If WCC is expanded then Super League would be just that.

#44 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I suggest you check out your own back catalogue for a bit of double irony

Bearing in mind your 36 times more likely to have shown double standards I have nothing to worry about.

#45 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,646 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Bearing in mind your 36 times more likely to have shown double standards I have nothing to worry about.

cracking logic.

I'm glad you have nothing to worry about, apart from perhaps lacking an iota of self appraisal.
Good luck with that.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#46 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Christ there's nothing like a throw-away comment to inspire a boat-load of pedantry and bickering.......please feel free to untwist your under-garments (you know who you are)

#47 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

This just in: someone has resigned from something.

in other news: the world continues to turn on its axis

"One man struggles, while another relaxes"

Sorry, Massive Attack's "Hymn of the Big Wheel" just popped into my head.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#48 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,646 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

"One man struggles, while another relaxes"

Sorry, Massive Attack's "Hymn of the Big Wheel" just popped into my head.

well played :D
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#49 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

I keep saying this but owning your own ground isn't the panacea you'd think it was. If I needed a van for a couple of weeks a year, would I buy one or rent one ? Hmmmm....

Point cheerfully taken and now you indicate a need to consider renting something as part of the 2015 licence. Now where in the WDMC district will such a stadium be available 2015?

#50 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

A big welcome back to the board. I missed you.

Great point above. I can see how introducing Aussie clubs into a pre-season WCC tournament that could underpin a 10 club SL first division, can allow 10 more clubs to function as a full time second division.

Two problems. Firstly it's been reported the NRL will not compromise their league to help SL although Hetherington has apparently gone to ask the question. Wether he's only gone there to be able to blame the Aussies WHEN 2 x 10 doesn't happen I dunno.

Secondly in this modern era when everyone wants the best of everything, how will clubs prosper in a "second tier" when the current recordis a second tier being reduced to "A" teams??

That's all off topic, and back on topic the question of Castleford sharing Newmarket must arise here???

#51 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Edited

Edited by AndyCapp, 28 February 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#52 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Point cheerfully taken and now you indicate a need to consider renting something as part of the 2015 licence. Now where in the WDMC district will such a stadium be available 2015?

I wouldn't necessarily go that far but it's something to be considered. Safety work can be a millstone round your neck. It's not cheap.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#53 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Aye, we'll have to wait and see about that one. And I genuinely hope it doesn't come to it.

So you don;t know then?

Putting snippets and not backing them up really does make you look like an attention seeker
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#54 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

This I agree with. How about appointing someone with commercial experience who also knows a bit about RL rather than "jobs for the boys"?

Probably because someone with proper qualifications in this area would cost an awful lot more than Fozzy

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#55 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I wouldn't necessarily go that far but it's something to be considered. Safety work can be a millstone round your neck. It's not cheap.

As far back as 1973 when Parkside was sold one of the big reasons verified by Harry Jepson who had left and had no financial interest in the sale, was the massive bills for repairs and this was before the safety of sports grounds regulations.

Even last year the cost of maintaining Odsal was a millstone around Bradford's neck and a reason the RFL taking it on to help.

Ferress himself widely mentioned this along with the cost not just of safety and repair, but the cost of vandalism.

#56 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yes, it's nice to have a big land asset on your balance sheet but it's not cash until you sell it.

However, you can borrow money on the strength of it and dig yourself a big debt hole. :wacko:

No figures available but it'd be interesting to compare what clubs are paying for rent, compare with what clubs are spending on maintenance.

#57 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

There will be competition for your license next time, as a fan of the club looking to come up, I am naturally very interested in the happenings at what I perceive to be Super League's weakest club.

"Wakefield Trinity Wildcats face a six-figure hole in their budget after their main sponsor Eric France went bust"

Just released today.

Rovers now in pole position?

#58 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

"Wakefield Trinity Wildcats face a six-figure hole in their budget after their main sponsor Eric France went bust"

Just released today.

Wakefield have a year to get someone else - so, no. Wait and see.

#59 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Just released today.

Don't think Wakey will have too much trouble finding a replacement, 9000+ crowds, decent on-field performances, good vibe about the club.

I'm more worried about the effect it will have on Dewsbury

Edited by Ponterover, 28 February 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#60 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

people have to feed house and clothe their familie: that is where peoples' committment and loyalty is supposed to lie. Not showing committment and loyalty at work is when people don't do their work properly. There is no evidence that this is the case.

There is no evidence they were about to be fired either. There are different levels of loyalty in life and I would agree famity comes first. Conversly loyalty to your employer is important. My own personal decision would have been to wait it out, help Castleford to the best of my ability and hope for the best outcome. The example of Potter at Bradford comes to mind, although, in this case here the employees were still being paid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users