TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

01/03/13 - Salford City Reds v London Broncos - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford City Reds (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. London Broncos (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

The good thing about this fixture is that anything other than a draw is a good result as far as widnes are concerned

#22 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Gareth Walker@garethwalker13
Kieron Dixon has just scored a brilliant solo try for London, well worth checking highlights for. Broncos lead Salford 0-14
HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#23 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Half Time:

Salford 0 London 22

Reds don't have a chance
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#24 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Set off for the game at 5:15pm. Stuck in traffic jam on M62. One hour to cover about 2 miles. Gave up at 7:30pm near Brighouse and went back home. Not happy. We're losing, too. Got some beer in on the way home. There will be some drowning of sorrows in a bit.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#25 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Set off for the game at 5:15pm. Stuck in traffic jam on M62. One hour to cover about 2 miles. Gave up at 7:30pm near Brighouse and went back home. Not happy. We're losing, too. Got some beer in on the way home. There will be some drowning of sorrows in a bit.

Can imagine quite a few will have done the same. With Salford being in the position they're in, the motorway traffic problems tonight and the fact they're playing London, it might actually be a scarily low attendance.
Posted Image

#26 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

TRY! Bailey dives over after escaping a tackle. Witt converts. Salford 0-28 London

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#27 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

TRY! Godwin stretches over to finally put Salford on the board. Sneyd misses conversion. Salford 4-28 London

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#28 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

TRY! London score again in corner through Bailey. Witt converts. Salford 4-34 London

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#29 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

FT Reds 4 Broncos 38

Edited by Cherry and White, 01 March 2013 - 09:52 PM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#30 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm glad they're off the mark. This table needs bunching up as much as possible.

(Unless Bradford win and win and run away at the top)

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#31 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Talk about flattering to deceive! After last week's euphoria, it's back to Earth with a bump and no mistake!

Just heard Dr Koukash on BBC Radio Manchester. He sounds decidedly unchuffed. "Unacceptable", "If they aren't performing, they will be out of the door", "This will not happen again". The next few days could be interesting.

Positives. I'm pleased for London. I've had two beers, with two more in the fridge. I had a job interview this morning and got the job. I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. There's always next week. That'll do for now. Cheers, everyone! :)

#32 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I've had two beers, with two more in the fridge. I had a job interview this morning and got the job. I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. There's always next week. That'll do for now. Cheers, everyone! :)

:D

Good work chief

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Positives. I'm pleased for London. I've had two beers, with two more in the fridge. I had a job interview this morning and got the job. I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. There's always next week. That'll do for now. Cheers, everyone! :)

I'll have a beer if you're offering...

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#34 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'll have a beer if you're offering...

Now that really is poor trolling! :D :D :D

Next time I'm at Odsal, you can ask in person.

#35 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Having checked on the internet this was no misprint, this is at least a result for the club, and, if nothing else should silence those calling for Tony Rea;'s head. The coach has no responsibility for the state the club's in and as for the players they need to do their job on the field which is within their power to control.

Just heard Dr Koukash on BBC Radio Manchester. He sounds decidedly unchuffed. "Unacceptable", "If they aren't performing, they will be out of the door", "This will not happen again". The next few days could be interesting.

One can only hope that David Hughes tired of incinerating his money would deliver a similar serve behind closed doors to those non-performers at the Broncos. It worked when the Catalan chairman did it.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#36 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Talk about flattering to deceive! After last week's euphoria, it's back to Earth with a bump and no mistake!

I'm sure he'll be good for Salfrd in the long run but he needs to calm down. At the end of the day they need to work with the players they've got at least till the end of the season. They maybe able to add a few players but the SC doesn't allow for ditching players and bringing new ones in.

#37 Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

I wish Dr. Koukash had been flashing his cash round at Crusaders before they went belly up. Far far more potential than Salford.
Deus vult.

#38 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Well, that demonstrated my total lack of talent in the prediction business :) Given that in Dr. Koukach's other sporting interest, non-performers end up in Findus Beef Lasgne, if I was a member of Salford's playing or coaching staff I might be a tad worried at the moment!

Edited by Chronicler of Chiswick, 02 March 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#39 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I wish Dr. Koukash had been flashing his cash round at Crusaders before they went belly up. Far far more potential than Salford.

I think you may be right there.

#40 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Great result. At last!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users