Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

02/03/13 - Widnes Vikings v Hull FC - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Widnes Vikings (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. Hull FC (8 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

It was good to see Lloyd White making a good contribution after a serious injury.
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#122 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

Average teams with enthusiasm beat good ones with none.Gentle and McRea need to step back and look at themselves, the players were ###### poor lastnight too.

Edited by westhuller, 03 March 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#123 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Average teams with enthusiasm beat good ones with none.Gentle and McRea need to step back and look at themselves, the players were ###### poor lastnight too.

I'd hesitate to imply Hull are a good team personally. They've yet to prove anything on the field and at best their ceiling appears to be in the second tier teams of SL. Widnes have clearly improved from last season and are closing the gap to the likes of what I would term average teams such as Hull.

#124 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I'd hesitate to imply Hull are a good team personally. They've yet to prove anything on the field and at best their ceiling appears to be in the second tier teams of SL. Widnes have clearly improved from last season and are closing the gap to the likes of what I would term average teams such as Hull.

I would agree with that by and large, Hull have the potential but have yet to show it. Widnes were the best team by far last night, If the other side don't get up for it that's not your fault, you play the best you can and Widnes did just that. One thing that surprised me was the very pacy Hull winger who ran across field and got a hand to the lad that scored .While Brisco ( who i rate ) made no attempt to catch him at all.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#125 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

chuffer what gan]me did you watch?? i went to the game and watched it on sky plus when i got home, for me that was arguably the best game we have played since we got the license, hock was brilliant and was a constant threat to hull, jon clarke rolled back the years with a superb display and for me joe mellor was my man of the match, not only is the lads attacking play brilliant but his defence is second to none........... my prediction before the start of the season was 10th, now i think we may make the 8...........

It was deffo one of our better games since we returned.....up there with the wins against hull and hudds last season.....and I agree about clarke and mellor......clarke was great and we were getting very quick ptb for him which is a credit to our pack.....we'll have to agree to disagree about hock, the good thing about his arrival is that he's lifted the club and fans.....and he has shown his magic on several occasions.....but the discipline needs sorting out and I'm not sure we're capable of changing the spots on this paticular leopard

#126 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Hull were absolutely awful. The number of unforced errors was criminal. Did I read correctly "53% completion rate"? That's pretty much a dropped ball every other set. That is just dire. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

Mix that with the possession we had (think they said we had about 30%) and the places we had the ball, it's a surprise we even scored!

Brett Seymour has to go. He can't catch. He's so bad at passing he gives it to the other team. His positioning his woeful. He can't create. Why the hell is he here? Danny Nicklas from now on please. Seymour is a waste.

And I'm failing to see the big deal with Arundel as well. Get Crooks back in.

Galea is also a waste. Very underwhelmed we signed him. An aging Aussie shouldn't be replacing our youngsters unless he's something special. Menzies is special. Galea is not.

I think if it wasn't for Tom Lineham, I'd be extremely worried about the immediate future. Get him signed to a long deal!
Posted Image

#127 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Yeh lineham looks very good.....tbh whenever I've seen galea play he scored so can't be that bad!

#128 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

I had to laugh when Widnes fans chanted "are you watching Hull KR?" once we took the lead, as Hull had sang that when they were 10-4 up against lowly Widnes. :D
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#129 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hull have to get rid of Seymour.
Any truth in the rumours about Westerman tweeting he should be at a bigger and better club than Hull FC?
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#130 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Any truth in the rumours about Westerman tweeting he should be at a bigger and better club than Hull FC?

Not sure, but I understand Danny Nicklas tweeted that he was 'p***ing himself laughing' at Seymour's performance.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#131 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

I read that as Westerman at a bigger and better club? And not Joe referring to Seymour...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#132 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Not sure, but I understand Danny Nicklas tweeted that he was 'p***ing himself laughing' at Seymour's performance.

If true, maybe we should give Seymour the chance to ###### himself laughing at Nicklas' performance.

It's only fair.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#133 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Think Nicklas deserves a chance next time we have a half back out.
Posted Image

#134 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hull told York that Nicklas wasn't available to play for them this weekend.

Looks like Seymour wasn't available to play for Hull either.

Edited by Old Frightful, 03 March 2013 - 01:29 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#135 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Think Nicklas deserves a chance next time we have a half back out.

I know what you're saying about Seymour but you've got to ask the question why a player with a lengthy (if troubled) career in the NRL has suddenly lost the ability to catch and pass a rugby ball, something he's been able to do since being a kid. He put in some very good performances when he first arrived. How is it that his confidence and self belief (which he had in spades a year ago) have evaporated? Is it entirely his own fault or have people at the club undermined him and contributed to that process?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#136 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

I read that as Westerman at a bigger and better club? And not Joe referring to Seymour...

Yes,sorry,Westerman implied that HE should be at a bigger and better club,not Seymour.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 03 March 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#137 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,462 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

poor crowd
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#138 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yes,sorry,Westerman implied that HE should be at a bigger and better club,not Seymour.

S'orrite, probably made perfect sense to everyone else!!

Still, seems Bradford dodged a bullet missing out on him. Why don't Hull FC give Marc Herbert a call?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#139 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

poor crowd

I wouldn't say that. The two Widnes fans I know run their own businesses and are doing very well for themselves. :D

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#140 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,462 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

I wouldn't say that. The two Widnes fans I know run their own businesses and are doing very well for themselves. :D

Tcha!
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local