Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

02/03/13 - Widnes Vikings v Hull FC - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Widnes Vikings (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. Hull FC (8 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

We literally threw the game away before half time. That pass by Seymour I think was possibly the worst pass I have ever seen a half back make. The slowest long ball ever.

It was also a mile forward (although i'm not complaining).

It was the turning point in the game, along with our quick score straight after half-time.
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#162 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

It was also a mile forward (although i'm not complaining).

It was the turning point in the game, along with our quick score straight after half-time.

So a slow, long, high, looping, forward pass to the opposition just before half time. Is there a worse kind of pass?!
Posted Image

#163 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Remind us of your views on the World Cup again????

There is a difference between being claiming everything is a farce all the time and expressing a viewpoint. There are scales of grey in the world, I also think the forum would be a boring place with everybody just thinking everything was brilliant all the time.

One tweet mentioning that I dread the RLWC (largely because it opens RL up to a lot of negativity) is nothing like the same as constantly making out like the game is not as good as it used to be or every decision being made by the governing body is a joke and will kill the game. I never criticised anybody for putting on the World Cup and very rarely post about it.

#164 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

i thought joe mellor ran the show from the halves, and perhaps it was because joe was so good that made seymore look bad..........................thanks again wigna, joe will come back to bite you on the bum time and again......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#165 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

There is a difference between being claiming everything is a farce all the time and expressing a viewpoint. There are scales of grey in the world, I also think the forum would be a boring place with everybody just thinking everything was brilliant all the time.

One tweet mentioning that I dread the RLWC (largely because it opens RL up to a lot of negativity) is nothing like the same as constantly making out like the game is not as good as it used to be or every decision being made by the governing body is a joke and will kill the game. I never criticised anybody for putting on the World Cup and very rarely post about it.

Then you have a very selective memory - I pulled you up on it last year after which you promised not to post about it any more but "wait and see" or words to that effect, plus you were bleeting on during the exile game etc etc etc
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#166 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

i thought joe mellor ran the show from the halves, and perhaps it was because joe was so good that made seymore look bad..........................thanks again wigna, joe will come back to bite you on the bum time and again......

I think it was dropping the back unforced on numerous occasions, throwing forward passes, missing tackles, throwing murder balls, giving away penalties and passing to the opposition that made Seymour look bad.
Posted Image

#167 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#168 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Then you have a very selective memory - I pulled you up on it last year after which you promised not to post about it any more but "wait and see" or words to that effect, plus you were bleeting on during the exile game etc etc etc

Sadly for you I have a much better memory than you seem to do, I'm also able to find things that I've posted about it. I also know my own opinions far better than you do.

Just after England beat Wales 80-12 I tweeted that it is for that reason that I dread the RLWC. I'm not going to backtrack from that opinion, we put ourselves out there but then deliver something that doesn't always show off the sport in its best light and too often sheds it in a bad light. I suspect you only jumped on it because you were feeling touchy about it yourself. It was a difference of opinion, you were of the opinion that we should wait and see what the RLWC brings whereas I was (and am) of the opinion that we are likely to face some difficulties with the RLWC. I also finished the discussion with this tweet,

fair play to you. I only said I dread it not that I don't want it to do well. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

The only post I have subsequently made on the forum about the RLWC was hardly a scathing attack either,

http://www.totalrl.c...20#entry2592627

As for the exile game, you're making that up unless you're counting the discussion I had with Johnoco where I disagreed over his opinion that RL fans should be blamed for not attending the second game. I actually defended it as a useful tool for the England squad but that we shouldn't attempt to build it up to be like Origin as it is clear that the fans haven't taken to it in that way. The paragon of negativity Dave T actually agreed with me on that issue.

You can think that I'm negative or pessimistic and to be honest I don't really care if you do. The reason I drifted away from the board for a bit wasn't because of people like me that have opinions that can sometimes be called negative but because of the persistent naysayers about the state of the game. There was a spree of posters who felt the need to announce that the game was now ###### and doomed, regardless of whether it was the RFL's fault or whether anything could be done about it. People like bionic barrell and DD who made big announcements that they no longer loved the game (which were largely supported) and people like Lobbygobbler and CANETMAN who can see no right with the modern sport and are secretly wishing for it to fail. I could have accepted their opinions if they hadn't been dominating the forum in literally every other thread, and as a result driving away most of the people worth having a discussion with. If I'm just one of them I wouldn't have written a huge blog post defending the game against all of these attacks.

I wasn't openly boycotting anything, after all I did still rarely post, but it's not much fun coming on TotalRL to find out that most of the posts are about how the game is actually rubbish nowadays and about to imminently collapse. I very rarely post on RLFans because that has been like that for a long time.

Unlike you, I have always offered my opinions based on what I really think, however I always back them up and explain why I think them so that people can disagree and I don't repeat myself in thread after thread. I make it and move on. I think the apologist who is blindly sees every opinion that is not glowing as negative is almost as bad as the persistent boo-boy. Especially when they class people as Andy Wilson or Chris Irvine as 'moaning f*ckwits.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users