League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

03/03/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Bradford Bulls - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. Voted Bradford Bulls (9 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

I think our defensive structured were utterly shot by the shuffle round in positions, Bradford were finding gaps that simply haven't been there previously

The players looked hesitant in defence. To make a number of positional changes to deal with the absence of one player no doubt increases the likelihood of problems.

Having Grix play in the halves some of the time and at full back at other times is asking quite a lot of him. Some of the headers in the crowd were getting on his back in traditional scapegoating style as he made mistakes but most of the other players did.............. The control of possession was awful and the players did not adapt to Mr Child's refereeing.

There's always Friday........

#102 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#103 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Just seen the game stats on SL Fulltime. Apparently 16 errors each which was a surprise as felt like Hudds struggled with handling and didn't think we had made that many. Completion was 73% Bulls vs 66% Hudds. Thought ours might have been higher.

Agree with comment on entrance fee. I'm sure £24 was the most I've ever paid to get into a SL game!

I saw the stats on full time and I think the penalty count was listed as 10-6 but League Express had 8-9!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#104 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1-04-FvH4&list=UUDoKbw7Np8oheT6XCtjPf2A

You should be ashamed of yourself....posting video nasties on here. ;)

#105 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

You should be ashamed of yourself....posting video nasties on here. ;)

;) ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#106 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I saw the stats on full time and I think the penalty count was listed as 10-6 but League Express had 8-9!

Ha ha! Maybe the other ones are wrong as well then!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#107 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Its £25 to sit at Odsal.

And if you'd pre-ordered you could have got a cheaper ticket (and put money into your own club)

£21 if you pre-order I think, but only works if u plan far enough in advance. £20 at Odsal for general admission. Anyway, just felt it was expensive!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#108 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Ha ha! Maybe the other ones are wrong as well then!

There's still many a media source saying Kearney converted his own try, including Full Time, when by all accounts Foster was 7 from 7.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#109 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Did it heck, it was fair reflection of the domination we had on the game IMO. I can't say Huddersfield deserved any more points than they had, and we deserved all we scored.

If anything it was similar to the game we played over there at the back end of last year - rattle them early and then the Giants never really had the confidence to come back. A good start is what we needed as well, since the opening 20 lost it for us last week, whereas this week, although it didn't win it for us it did set the tone. Although Hudds had an off day, there is something to be said that the Bulls forced them to.

This about sums it up for me.We were rattled early on by an enthusiastic Bulls and never fully recovered. Bradford up for it, Giants weren't. Bulls deserved 43 pts - I thought we didn't deserve 18.
Will be relly interesting how we handle Headingley on Friday. Brough and Fielden already in Paul Andersons thoughs for this game.

#110 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

We scored our 18 in the handful of moments we actually managed to hold onto passes

Grix is primed for scapegoat sadly, when he is allowed to concentrate on being fullback he is quite excellent and having to swap between that and 6 is just asking for trouble

Didn't work last season
Didn't work when sharp did it to Thorman either (in reverse)

#111 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

More importantly, did Sammut back-flip on scoring his 3rd try?

As quoted after the Catalan game last season...

"As for the celebration, if I have scored a hat-trick I always go for a flip. It's been awhile however since I've put it into practice and so I was just glad that I landed on my feet."

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#112 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

More importantly, did Sammut back-flip on scoring his 3rd try?

As quoted after the Catalan game last season...

With it being the end of the game, I'd guess there was too much traffic in the in-goal area to be honest - he'd have landed on someone if he'd tried it!
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#113 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

With it being the end of the game, I'd guess there was too much traffic in the in-goal area to be honest - he'd have landed on someone if he'd tried it!

Simply unacceptable.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#114 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Sammut reminds me of Stanley Gene, utterly thrilling to watch, able to win a game single handedly and generally so unpredictable that no one, including themselves, quite knows what they will do next

Quality player and I wish we'd signed him.

#115 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Sammut reminds me of Stanley Gene, utterly thrilling to watch, able to win a game single handedly and generally so unpredictable that no one, including themselves, quite knows what they will do next

Quality player and I wish we'd signed him.

Must admit Sammut's back flip beats Stanley's forward rolly thingy.

#116 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Stan gets bonus points for being 80 and still playing though...

#117 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Grix is primed for scapegoat sadly, when he is allowed to concentrate on being fullback he is quite excellent and having to swap between that and 6 is just asking for trouble

Didn't work last season
Didn't work when sharp did it to Thorman either (in reverse)

The team's structure was all over the shop. It was like watching a late-era Nathan Brown team.

Hopefully Anderson will learn from this and not do it again.

That's me.  I'm done.

#118 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

I bloody well hope so - and you're right Steve, it was very much like a later NB team

Far too much shuffling leading to massive confusion in defence and loss of focus in attack

Should have made one change and that's it

#119 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I bloody well hope so - and you're right Steve, it was very much like a later NB team

Far too much shuffling leading to massive confusion in defence and loss of focus in attack

Should have made one change and that's it

Used to be, you had an injury you brought in the corresponding A teamer, now we have to swap players all over the field. It's almost as though coaches need to prove themselves great strategists or something, N Brown came to excel at this and look where it got the Giants, Too much talk in the Examiner about what they can do and cant do for me, It's on the field that it counts, I don't need P Anderson telling me what an embarrassment they were, I was there and saw it for myself, He would do better putting his words where they are needed, Time for the Big pack to start living up to the Hype, and where better than at Leeds.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#120 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

It was needless swapping though that's the worrying thing

Sure losing Brough would be a huge blow to any team but all they had to do was put Grix at 6 and Murph to 1 - and that's it. No shuffling about, no having Grix moving forward and back to do nothing effectively in either position

Keep it simple, stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users