Swinton Game

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Expecting another win on Sunday the way that the lads are playing gives you no other option. Ten points from a possible twelve is nothing less than brilliant, a lot better than some would have thought so I'm going for a 36 10 score, what are your predictions?.

#2 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Expecting another win on Sunday the way that the lads are playing gives you no other option. Ten points from a possible twelve is nothing less than brilliant, a lot better than some would have thought so I'm going for a 36 10 score, what are your predictions?.

If agree, 36-10.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#3 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Its the first time in years I've felt like going to away games the way the lads have been playing. Swinton 14-30 Dews

RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#4 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Could be closer then what people think,Sounds like Swinton might have one or two good players from Warrington in the team.I will go Swinton 18 - Rams 34.

#5 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Theyve got Bridge sounding deffo and Briers and Joel Monahan anytime.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 28 February 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#6 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

We may have Bridge but we have also lost three to injuries so are you saying one man makes a team....come on you know that isn't true.

Looking at the league table you would expect a Dewsbury win however many thought that last week and said Keighley would win as well.

Don't try and do predictions because if i did it's the lottery i'd predict, all I hope for is a good game of Rugby.

#7 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Dewsbury win by about 14, say 6-20

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

We may have Bridge but we have also lost three to injuries so are you saying one man makes a team....come on you know that isn't true.

Looking at the league table you would expect a Dewsbury win however many thought that last week and said Keighley would win as well.

Don't try and do predictions because if i did it's the lottery i'd predict, all I hope for is a good game of Rugby.

Actually marshy, it depends on the player and the position. Sam Tomkins would probably make a hell of a difference in a hard to call match and Bridge is a pretty good player. At the moment making predictions is a pointless excercise as it literally can be the team that turns up on the day that wins in every sense of the phrase. Like you, I hope it's a good game and that the best team win. Good luck for the season btw - love swinton - great old club with great supporters.

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I predict a shock on Sunday. This will come when Rams fans learn how much it is to get in.

Otherwise Lions 18 - 26 Rams.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

No it wont ill be in london collecting my knighthood for sevices to promoting multiculture in britain....arise sir coolie by order of the suspender belt ;)

were due a bad un...so
swinton 16 rams 24

#11 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

The 2 away games have had seemed a little patchy to say the least, but on both occasions we have played badly and won! I think this might be a trend of our season, better at home not so good on the road.

My prediction is Rams by a very scrappy 6 or 8 points.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#12 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Boy, some of us can change quickly. If my memory serves me correctly I was the only one satisfied after the Hunslet game.....I missed last weeks game (working abroad) so cant share the general optimism and a win by 2 points will do me. Where's Eddies prediction? We were ###### after Hunslet if memory serves me correct...

#13 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

I just think it's ridiculous when a player of Bridge's calibre is included in their squad. Thats not what DR is about, fringe and young players only to me.

#14 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Boy, some of us can change quickly. If my memory serves me correctly I was the only one satisfied after the Hunslet game.....I missed last weeks game (working abroad) so cant share the general optimism and a win by 2 points will do me. Where's Eddies prediction? We were ###### after Hunslet if memory serves me correct...

Speak for yourself think there was more than you satisfied with the result.

#15 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Dewsbury win by 8
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#16 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Franny Cummins on radio leeds stated Diskin recovering from a dead leg he should be alrite.Might be Tebbys first game.

#17 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Franny Cummins on radio leeds stated Diskin recovering from a dead leg he should be alrite.Might be Tebbys first game.

I do hope so, we need young local players!

DR is not encouraging anyone to have a future in RL, unless you sign for a SL Club.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

I just think it's ridiculous when a player of Bridge's calibre is included in their squad. Thats not what DR is about, fringe and young players only to me.

Yes it is ridiculous that we didnt sign bridge for a whole season....a bit like you with karl pryce!

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Yes it is ridiculous that we didnt sign bridge for a whole season....a bit like you with karl pryce!

Ermmm ....

#20 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Under the current rules, Bridge is as eligible as any other wolves player - he may be good, but he won't be match fit or familiar with the plays so he could even be a liability. FWIW I have no problem with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users