TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

CHRIS BRIDGE

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

According to the Swinton forum he's playing for them this weekend as a dual-reg player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#2 STW

STW
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

As i pointed out a couple of weeks ago in another thread. Every single Warrington 1st team squad member is duel registered with Swinton. As well as that the 4 players who have signed for Swinton from Warrington, Ryan Shaw being one of them,can go back to Warrington on loan...Farce or what??.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

#3 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yep its a joke.
I wonder if the farcical situation at Swinton has any bearing on why Steve McCormack walked out !!!! ;-)

Posted Image

#4 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

well why have a coach anymore?...the super league team picks your squad!.. :lol: :lol:

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

i really hate this DR fiasco but i hope it doesnt bite us in the ass come september

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#6 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Well you might see 2 tops in towns side tomorrow but that's covering injuries to be fair!! Be great to see whitehead back tomorrow, I didn't mind the guys graft

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

only 1 in towns squad tomorrow and hes played all 4 games so far and is an under 23 covering for ell miller.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

only 1 in towns squad tomorrow and hes played all 4 games so far and is an under 23 covering for ell miller.

In fact he's 20 years old with no SL experience but that still doesn't prevent others from referring to Town as Widnes Reserves. Pathetic.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Fully agreed!

#10 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Keith, theres three posters mention your team on this page, yourself, Wonky, and Havenhater, I can't see what your point is?

Edited by alba, 02 March 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#11 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yes in connection with the dual reg we don't agree with think of course or can u not English dialogue?

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Keith, theres three posters mention your team on this page, yourself, Wonky, and Havenhater, I can't see what your point is?

My point is that there are certain posters who refer to Town as Widnes Reserves on here and on other forums. If you care to look further down the index for this forum you will see a thread in capital letters "Workington Vikings". We are no more a reserve team for anyone than Barrow were last season with up to 3 DR players.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#13 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

All the fans I have spoken to, think yourselves, and Batley, are doing nothing wrong, and I am sure if we had the injuries both ourselves and you had last year we would need to loan players again, but as you did they would be young players, not interntionals returning from injury.Hope for a good game tomorrow.

#14 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Worth remembering that Morley,Monaghan and Briers are currently out injured so an appearance for Swinton will no doubt be part of their rehabilitation.

#15 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

I think Workington Vikings stream is a bit misleading,Keith. As far as I can see there is onjly 1 Raiders supporter called it that.; I think most Raiders supporters want Town & Haven (our Cumbrian neighbours) to do well. It shouldn't be forgotten though that us oldens are Lancastrians LOL.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users