Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRL On Premier Sports

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,910 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Premier have just announced they have secured the rights to the NRL for the next 5 years including the Grand Final, SOO and the Anzac test. Every game will be shown, with at least 6 broadcast live each week.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#2 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Premier have just announced they have secured the rights to the NRL for the next 5 years including the Grand Final, SOO and the Anzac test. Every game will be shown, with at least 6 broadcast live each week.

And still not available on Virgin?

#3 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Very happy to hear this!! I can now really look forward to the new season!!

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

How much is it please? I nosied at this last year and decided against, I'm tempted to reconsider so I know who the heck who is when the World Cup rolls around.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Pretty impressive getting a deal for five years.. I wonder if thats exclusive rights for SOO and the Grand Final. Theres been no mention of the NRL or anything on the SKY programmes, so maybe SKY wont be showing anything from down under..

might have to do a bit of juggling with my SKY subscription so i can afford Premier..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#6 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

How much is it please? I nosied at this last year and decided against, I'm tempted to reconsider so I know who the heck who is when the World Cup rolls around.

Its £9.99 a month, which includes 6 NRL matches and 1 Championship match a week.

#7 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,910 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Pretty impressive getting a deal for five years.. I wonder if thats exclusive rights for SOO and the Grand Final. Theres been no mention of the NRL or anything on the SKY programmes, so maybe SKY wont be showing anything from down under..

might have to do a bit of juggling with my SKY subscription so i can afford Premier..

It's all exclusive to Premier, Sky have not got anything at all. Premier have even nicked NRL Full Time off them.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Full breakdown of the exclusive deal here:
Posted Image

#9 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Slight tangent i know but.. anybody tried their streaming service on an ipad, basiczlly does it work on ipad? Any knowledge much appreciated, i have rung and asked but was less than convinced by the answer( yes, it should do, i think it does anyway, can i take your card details....)

Ta.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Its £9.99 a month, which includes 6 NRL matches and 1 Championship match a week.

Ta. I'm still umming, while it's cheap it's still £70 for the season, but the main doozie is when am I gonna watch them all (and I will have to watch them all, it's my nature!).

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Classic NRL Grand Finals and SOO games also.. looks pretty impressive. I don't think i'd be able to find time to watch 6 games of NRL and 2 SL over a weekend, my missus would go mental if i tried!..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#12 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'm impressed with this! Well done Premier Sports. I was worried that I'd have to cancel if they lost the NRL, but I'm VERY impressed they've got SOO and Grand Final.

#13 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Oh well. Another year of free streaming on Bet365 for me then.
People called Romans they go the house

#14 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,392 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

The stability of a multi-year deal is welcome, instead of the annual pre-season threads on TRL, asking if anyone knows who is showing NRL this year.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#15 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Every game every round with 6 of the 8 live - Fantastic

#16 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

No you won't, Premier Sports have an exclusive UK deal now.
Posted Image

#17 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Unfortunately not. Premier Sports have the exclusive rights and specifically state that there is no free viewing via streaming or betting websites now.

Sorry!

#18 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

The stability of a multi-year deal is welcome, instead of the annual pre-season threads on TRL, asking if anyone knows who is showing NRL this year.

To be fair they have just come to the end of a three year deal which was one of the longest up front commitments to the NRL in the UK before this.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#19 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,392 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

To be fair they have just come to the end of a three year deal which was one of the longest up front commitments to the NRL in the UK before this.

True, and this is an even longer deal, which is a positive sign.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#20 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

No you won't, Premier Sports have an exclusive UK deal now.

Unfortunately not. Premier Sports have the exclusive rights and specifically state that there is no free viewing via streaming or betting websites now.

Sorry!

Oh well, I'm off to stick the fiver in that account on a random horse.

Not too bothered about the NRL. Great quality rugby, but not that entertaining and on at a bad time for me to watch.
People called Romans they go the house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users