Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRL On Premier Sports

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

(Have the NRL stopped fannying about with byes this year?)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 Kent Roughyed

Kent Roughyed
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Tremendous news. Well done Premier Sports. is that the best value for money anywhere??

#23 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Oh well, I'm off to stick the fiver in that account on a random horse.

It romped home.

I am now the proud owner of £11.25. Thank you Premier Sport
People called Romans they go the house

#24 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Over 200 games for only a tenner a month!

I'm one happy Bunny - Go Souths!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#25 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Brilliant news I changed over from virgin to sky so I could get PS and there coverage of both the NRL and the championship has made it well worth it. It looks like the coverage is going to get even better. Here's hoping they have a go at the SL coverage next time it's up.

#26 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Ta. I'm still umming, while it's cheap it's still £70 for the season, but the main doozie is when am I gonna watch them all (and I will have to watch them all, it's my nature!).

I'm a bit like that but with SL and championship games aswell there's no chance you can watch them all. I usually watch the main games the ones Ray W and Peter S commentate on as live. A couple more that you fast forward all the breaks usually takes just over 1 hr. maybe one or two i don't fancy where you just watch major incidents and try's. Then don't forget it's a long off season. I only watch and deleted my last game a few weeks ago.

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

I'm a bit like that but with SL and championship games aswell there's no chance you can watch them all. I usually watch the main games the ones Ray W and Peter S commentate on as live. A couple more that you fast forward all the breaks usually takes just over 1 hr. maybe one or two i don't fancy where you just watch major incidents and try's. Then don't forget it's a long off season. I only watch and deleted my last game a few weeks ago.

I'm actually perturbed that it isn't all 8! Even though there are only 2 SL games, I dunno, I'm weird. And not even that fussed about the NRL either! If I did it I'd have to pick a team or two, like Souths, and then just watch their game each week.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Great news, interesting that Premier Sports managed to get a 5 year deal. Not complaining though - far from it :D :D :D

#29 brooza

brooza
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm actually perturbed that it isn't all 8!

All matches will be shown, but 2 are delayed. Up to 6 live matches
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#30 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm actually perturbed that it isn't all 8! Even though there are only 2 SL games, I dunno, I'm weird. And not even that fussed about the NRL either! If I did it I'd have to pick a team or two, like Souths, and then just watch their game each week.

There is usually a reason to support a particular team in any match, generally I like to support the Brits and any previous players who were in SL or indeed any ex SL coaches, which these days involve most games!

#31 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Rather than "Up to" its "At least" 6 each weekend, and only games clashing against each other will really prevent them showing all 8 live.

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

It's cheaper than a tenner a month if you take out an annual subscription which are usually anywhere from £70 - £95 depending on various offers. I had it last season and recorded quite a lot of the games on Sky+ and watched some over the winter months, otherwise it's just a case of picking out which games take your fancy that weekend.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#33 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

but not that entertaining

really... I find it generally more entertaining than SL!

#34 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

really... I find it generally more entertaining than SL!

With the added bonus of no Eddie and Stevo, although the Aussie fans seem to moan about Gus Gould etc just as much!

There are still some poor games, but Id agree it edges SL for entertainment.

Its the closeness of games that I enjoy (Although thats for another thread :ph34r:)

#35 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

With the added bonus of no Eddie and Stevo, although the Aussie fans seem to moan about Gus Gould etc just as much!

There are still some poor games, but Id agree it edges SL for entertainment.

Its the closeness of games that I enjoy (Although thats for another thread :ph34r:)

I had Setanta for a while, in the early days before it went bad. I really enjoyed the NRL matches*, and although Gus is very abrasive and noisy, he can usually back up his arguments with more than hot air and clichéd sloganeering, whether you agree with him or not. Commentary and punditry was excellent, too.

*I also enjoy Superleague a lot - it is actually possible to like both.

Edited by Futtocks, 28 February 2013 - 03:44 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#36 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Futtocks, I also enjoy both, I just feel the NRL is a consistantly higher standard

#37 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Futtocks, I also enjoy both, I just feel the NRL is a consistantly higher standard

I enjoy both very much and would agree that the NRL is a higher standard. I just prefer the less defensive approach (or the worse defences) in SL.
People called Romans they go the house

#38 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Cheers.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#39 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I just feel I have to make that point when praising either competition, otherwise the usual gibberish will be posted. You know how it goes:
If someone says they like the NRL = believes Australians are supermen/Kleenex comment.
If someone says they like SL = little Englander who can't appreciate the greatness of the NRL.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#40 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Next question, and possibly a clincher. Is it 1 subscription per box or per household?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users