NRL On Premier Sports

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

If you subscribe for the streaming version, is that with another company (UStream?). If so I've heard that it's difficult / impossible to cancel your subscription with them.

#42 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

*I also enjoy Superleague a lot - it is actually possible to like both.

NEVER!! You must only like one whilst deriding the other!

#43 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

fantastic, now if only they could get a super league deal as well sky would be well gone off my telly.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#44 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,731 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Urgh, I want this! But I can't afford it at the mo. I need to find room in the budget before the season starts! When does it kick off?
Posted Image

#45 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Urgh, I want this! But I can't afford it at the mo. I need to find room in the budget before the season starts! When does it kick off?

Next Thursday 7th March. Sydney Roosters v South Sydney.

The return of Sonny Bill Williams!

#46 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,767 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm still on that £40 for a year deal from last year.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#47 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Next question, and possibly a clincher. Is it 1 subscription per box or per household?

Yeah you only get it on one box

#48 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yeah you only get it on one box

I think I knew that, and it was not the answer I was hoping for... naymind.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#49 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Like others finding time to watch them all is the main issue.

But at a tenner a month if I miss a few it ain't a problem.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#50 GezH

GezH
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Great news! It really lifted my mood during a reet rubbish day at work.

However seeing as this is an RL forum I feel the need to finish with a moan...So now I guess I'm going to have to spend some time next week clearing space on my sky box.

Ps. Now if only them pesky Aussies decide on an 11th hour rethink on the shoulder charge so we can see more of the same from Sam B, Kasiano....well I can dream.
Continuing to fly the RL flag and introduce more and more folk to the greatest game in North Lincs
Posted Image

#51 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

I'm still on that £40 for a year deal from last year.

Me too cant remember when it ends though

#52 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Chooks vs Bunnies set to record and series link done.

Note to self - avoid Facebook, Twitter and here until game is watched!

#53 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I think I knew that, and it was not the answer I was hoping for... naymind.

It's £2.50 per month for additional boxes.

#54 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

The main problem with Premier Sports is that they are not (yet) a HD channel, which means they have standard quality picture and no 5.1 surround sound. In the modern era with ever more increasing resolution TVs, bog standard quality broadcasts look blocky on new big TVs. Does anyone know if they plan to bring in a HD channel? I'm presuming most of their material is filmed in HD

#55 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

The main problem with Premier Sports is that they are not (yet) a HD channel, which means they have standard quality picture and no 5.1 surround sound. In the modern era with ever more increasing resolution TVs, bog standard quality broadcasts look blocky on new big TVs. Does anyone know if they plan to bring in a HD channel? I'm presuming most of their material is filmed in HD

If that's the main problem then it's no problem whatsoever.

All 8 games every week and you're complaining about it not being in HD.

Get over it!

#56 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,767 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Me too cant remember when it ends though

Neither can I tbh. Think I got it around May-ish? It was from a link on here anyway.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#57 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

the picture quality is a very real issue if you've got a big tv. Premier Sports is unwatchable on mine. I'll be watching from the small tv in the bedroom but would love to see NRL in 50inch HD glory. I'm hoping that they get around to turning the Premier Sports Extra channel into HD but I'm not holding my breath

#58 Brisvegan

Brisvegan
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

I was happy enough watching replays on the NRLs website for free, a little miffed I then had to subscribe to Aussie sports, or whetever it was, and now actually pretty ###### off they'v seen fit to sell the rights to this Premier Sports mob, whoever they may be. Almost certainly under captitalized and probably destined to go the way of Setanta is what.
For shame NRL! Surely in the interests of TGG you could have taken a financial hit, foregone the live rights for the UK and, if necessary, given away the replay rights to a free to air outlet. ITV4, C4 or C5 anyone?
Given the time difference issue most viewers won't miss not getting live games anyway. Especially as in the UK it isn't that hard remaining ignorant of the rugby league results! :)

#59 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Surely in the interests of TGG you could have taken a financial hit, foregone the live rights for the UK and, if necessary, given away the replay rights to a free to air outlet. ITV4, C4 or C5 anyone?

That's all well and good, but ITV et al have to be interested in the product in the first place. The fact that Premier took these rights up three years ago because nobody else could be bothered showing the comp shows that interest in the NRL is pretty low across the UK broadcasters

Edited by Amber Avenger, 01 March 2013 - 01:08 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#60 kioli

kioli
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

I was happy enough watching replays on the NRLs website for free, a little miffed I then had to subscribe to Aussie sports, or whetever it was, and now actually pretty ###### off they'v seen fit to sell the rights to this Premier Sports mob, whoever they may be. Almost certainly under captitalized and probably destined to go the way of Setanta is what.
For shame NRL! Surely in the interests of TGG you could have taken a financial hit, foregone the live rights for the UK and, if necessary, given away the replay rights to a free to air outlet. ITV4, C4 or C5 anyone?
Given the time difference issue most viewers won't miss not getting live games anyway. Especially as in the UK it isn't that hard remaining ignorant of the rugby league results! :)

Give it away for free and have them broadcast it at bad hours and no promotion or sell it to the channel tjhat already does a good job with the Champs and will promote it.

Tough choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users