Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRL On Premier Sports

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Its the second decade of the 21st century, and HD quality TV is the norm now, as is quality surround sound. If being a tosspot is to want HD then there are a heck of a lot of tosspots in the UK - otherwise why do we now yearn for HD?. I dont think Premiersports is good value without this feature

Well I have upgraded to HD only this week and o be honest I and the wife are wondering what the fuss is all about? We have a panasonic viera model, nothing special, and we have seen others with HD previously and also then wondered what the clamour was all about as the improvement on our screen is certainly not that amazing that we are at all excited over it.

I only upgraded in order to have the better recording facility that comes with the skybox, HD held no great call for us at all and if we could have got the box without it we certainly would have done so.

#82 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Well I have upgraded to HD only this week and o be honest I and the wife are wondering what the fuss is all about? We have a panasonic viera model, nothing special, and we have seen others with HD previously and also then wondered what the clamour was all about as the improvement on our screen is certainly not that amazing that we are at all excited over it.

I only upgraded in order to have the better recording facility that comes with the skybox, HD held no great call for us at all and if we could have got the box without it we certainly would have done so.

it should also be made sure it's set on 1080i rather than 720. Sometimes people miss this.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#83 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

it should also be made sure it's set on 1080i rather than 720. Sometimes people miss this.

Shouldn't that be 1080p?
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#84 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Shouldn't that be 1080p?

I dunno, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#85 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,299 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

o be honest I and the wife are wondering what the fuss is all about?

It's the emperor's new television.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#86 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

I do agree with Lobby that HD is important. Night matches played under floodlights can be particularly poor in SD.

That said, if you enjoy NRL then this is a fantastic deal and even in SD I don't think you can complain for a tenner a month!

#87 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I don't have hd and frankly couldn't give a monkeys about it.

I'm just pleased to be able to see most matches from the best rugby competition in the world every week

#88 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

It's the emperor's new television.

No it isn't. Its definitely noticeably better.

#89 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

it's a ###### excuse to charge more, better tvs give better pictures sky have been very clever selling hd boxes when they were never needed.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#90 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

it's a ###### excuse to charge more, better tvs give better pictures sky have been very clever selling hd boxes when they were never needed.

I didn't get one for quite a while as I assumed they were just a con, but they are actually a lot better than regular broadcasts. Definitely.
Why do you think a lot of actors aren't happy about the warts n all effect?

Plus I got it for free anyway.

Edited by Johnoco, 03 March 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#91 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Is NRL fulltime returning to sky this season or has premier sports got all NRL shows?

#92 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,299 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

No it isn't. Its definitely noticeably better.

I've watched it a fair bit - and been in pubs that have a HD transmission next to a SD transmission. The only time I've seen a real difference is when the SD transmission has been on a cheap HD TV.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#93 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Is NRL fulltime returning to sky this season or has premier sports got all NRL shows?

No, it's on premier
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#94 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

No, it's on premier

Cheers pal, few free view games this week on there of the opening round

#95 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Cheers pal, few free view games this week on there of the opening round

I've just had a nosey on sky planner and it looks to be Melbourne v St George-Illawarra only.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#96 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Have another nosey there is Brisbane v manly Friday 4:30pm eels v warriors sat 4:30pm And the 1 you could find is Sunday 9:30am
Good luck

#97 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Have another nosey there is Brisbane v manly Friday 4:30pm eels v warriors sat 4:30pm And the 1 you could find is Sunday 9:30am
Good luck

So you do have your uses after all! :P Cheers for that.

I've got myself all confused as to what's live and what isn't, I'm sure someone with a greater attention span than me can fathom it.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#98 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Your more then welcome, enjoy!!!

#99 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

So you do have your uses after all! :P Cheers for that.

I've got myself all confused as to what's live and what isn't, I'm sure someone with a greater attention span than me can fathom it.

It maybe a Pie fans website but this page is very useful.

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#100 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

It maybe a Pie fans website but this page is very useful.

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/

Oh aye yeh, I forgot about that. Cheers. I'm only after the freebies anyway! Shame it isn't the Tigers though, be good to see how Potter gets on.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.