Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Reds now target Gareth Hock

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

http://www.thesun.co...by-Salford.html

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Interesting to see i) whether they deal with Wigan or Widnes primarily and, ii) how soon Viking Warrior will explode...

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Will vievers be able to handle all these superstars the Dr is signing

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,792 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Interesting to see i) whether they deal with Wigan or Widnes primarily and, ii) how soon Viking Warrior will explode...

I'd assume Wigan, but you never know with RL.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'd assume Wigan, but you never know with RL.

I do too, but they want little to do with him it seems so may let him go just about anywhere.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Gleeson, Long and Hock together. Someone likes a challenge.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,792 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

I do too, but they want little to do with him it seems so may let him go just about anywhere.

They might want to have a little more to do with it if Dr K's money is involved.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Will vievers be able to handle all these superstars the Dr is signing

Nah.Came over to England in the 80's with some bloke called Meninga - at Huddersfield with Lord Schofield after playing for a team of no-hopers, containing no superstars, named St Helens - and I'm still waiting for a list of the superstars the Dr is signing and why I am supposed to believe what is written in The Sun comic. :rolleyes:

#9 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

more twaddle from parker....................widnes have officially got the option to sign gaz full time when the loan period we paid a fee for expires, so really he will not be signing for anyone but widnes!!!
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

more twaddle from parker....................widnes have officially got the option to sign gaz full time when the loan period we paid a fee for expires, so really he will not be signing for anyone but widnes!!!

Is there a contract which states that Widnes have first choice to sign him? If not then Wigan will take the offer with the most money and so will Gareth Hock, which won't be Widnes.

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,089 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Is there a contract which states that Widnes have first choice to sign him? If not then Wigan will take the offer with the most money and so will Gareth Hock, which won't be Widnes.

Didn't Wigan state they wouldn't sell Hock to any rivals,so if it's the most money,Salford it is.
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#12 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Didn't Wigan state they wouldn't sell Hock to any rivals,so if it's the most money,Salford it is.

I think so, I doubt they'll class Salford as a threat yet if I'm honest.

#13 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Ed Farish apparently ruled out Hock and Chase "unequivocally" at Mondays fans meeting.

Maybe Parker should do some proper research.

#14 Philm

Philm
  • Coach
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Ed Farish apparently ruled out Hock and Chase "unequivocally" at Mondays fans meeting.

Maybe Parker should do some proper research.

The article purports to be written by Phil Thomas. That's if you can cali it an article.

#15 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Why would Wigan sell him for a one off transfer fee?
Widnes will be paying his salary plus a fee for his loan which will be regular income for Wigan.
They could loan him out for the next three and a half years and Wigan decide who he plays for and that he doesn't play against them.
Sell him to Widnes and they could sell him on to Saints, Wire or anyone they like if the transfer fee was large enough and Hock would then play against Wigan.

#16 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

the terms of the deal are that widnes have paid an initial fee for the loan period with an option to make the deal permanent, therefore as these things are legally binding i would suspect that SO'C would consider legal redress if wigan broke the deal.....i can guarantee that when he does fully become a widnes player we would not be selling him off to any of our rivals rather instead we will be building a team around the likes of hock, brown and the soon to come danny tickle......this article is just more of nosy parker gleaning the message boards and twitter and putting 2 and 2 together and getting 237. in reality gaz himself chose widnes above salford already and he will stay a viking..............................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#17 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Widnes may have paid Wigan for the loan until the end of the season but after that its a "highest bidder wins" scenario,and with Salfords new found riches that will sway Wigan and certainly Hock

#18 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

like i said, the player himself chose widnes above any other team, how hard is that to comprehend!!

#19 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,792 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

like i said, the player himself chose widnes above any other team, how hard is that to comprehend!!

That's before he saw your 2013 away strip, mind. ;)

#20 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users