Fighting Spirit

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

How is it no one as mentioned barlow who started it all by hitting byron from behind in the back of the head . Penalty was given but hit baz from behind total cheao shot inmo also later was doing it again with high shot then facail which ref went and words the guy is a wind up and niggley player trying to either win a penalty or get some one sent off .

#22 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

How is it no one as mentioned barlow who started it all by hitting byron from behind in the back of the head . Penalty was given but hit baz from behind total cheao shot inmo also later was doing it again with high shot then facail which ref went and words the guy is a wind up and niggley player trying to either win a penalty or get some one sent off .

Which everyone knows so should not fall for it. Whichever way you look at it, Smith should not have headbutted him. There is no excuse for it.

#23 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Have to agree sticking the nut on is a no no. Byron should know better and will miss some games when they review it probably.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#24 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

True but he hit him in the chest which was like he relised at last second what he was doing . He may get banned but if so barlow should for instigating the all thing in the first place but no doubt it wont be the case . But back to my orignal point what can u do when someone cheap shots you for no reason the red mist came and also no one but barlow and baz no what wss said to provoke him to react like he

#25 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

True but he hit him in the chest which was like he relised at last second what he was doing . He may get banned but if so barlow should for instigating the all thing in the first place but no doubt it wont be the case . But back to my orignal point what can u do when someone cheap shots you for no reason the red mist came and also no one but barlow and baz no what wss said to provoke him to react like he

Completely irrelevant, he should know better than to fall for it, I know what Barlow is like so he should too. No excuses and a ban coming up I reckon.

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Bit like the moore rettie incident. I think moore goaded rettie into nuting him even tho their mates n he was sent off

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Certain players are known for winding others up. Sam is such a player- and does it well. But Batley like Fax were laying on forver and messing around at the play the ball. Players knew they could get away more with Stokes as he is simply a very poor Ref who has no idea on controlling the game. At the end of the day you just have to learn not to react. Adam Robiunsdon reacted to Batley niggling and it cost Fax as we was on the line. Whatever Sam did Byron was totally wrong to react and certainly with a headbutt. Very lucky to stay on the field. But he will cop a ban. Just hope Stokes doesnt Ref the next game as he allowed the game to be played way too slow and allowed too much silly stuff from both sides.Hopefully the next game will be more open and flowing

#28 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Certain players are known for winding others up. Sam is such a player- and does it well. But Batley like Fax were laying on forver and messing around at the play the ball. Players knew they could get away more with Stokes as he is simply a very poor Ref who has no idea on controlling the game. At the end of the day you just have to learn not to react. Adam Robiunsdon reacted to Batley niggling and it cost Fax as we was on the line. Whatever Sam did Byron was totally wrong to react and certainly with a headbutt. Very lucky to stay on the field. But he will cop a ban. Just hope Stokes doesnt Ref the next game as he allowed the game to be played way too slow and allowed too much silly stuff from both sides.Hopefully the next game will be more open and flowing

Did anyone hear Luke Ambler on radio leeds yesterday, he has a theory (or his dad does) that championship refs have been told by the rfl to slow the play down to make super league look better, personally, think thats a load of rubbish.

#29 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Did anyone hear Luke Ambler on radio leeds yesterday, he has a theory (or his dad does) that championship refs have been told by the rfl to slow the play down to make super league look better, personally, think thats a load of rubbish.

Great. Another good conspiracy theory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users