Hawks Prayers Answered with Achurch

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#21 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

And they can play four at any one time. Thats around 30% of 13 so Hunslet are getting very close to being Rhinocentric.

4 last season ,5 this season

#22 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

5 for now... and weve had 5 since the system came in... but that proves nothing... unless you want to use that small fact to build a non related argument?

So its ok for Fev to sign DR players but not Hunslet? Maybe if Hunslet or Swinton had a backer to sign players they could say no to these link ups and maybe get to a championship play off final?

#23 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Do you think any off these players would of gone to Hunslet or any championship club before this new system that it now been abused by a couple of clubs apart from Hood . Personally don't have problems with DR if it is done for the right reasons just a shame Hunslet and Swinton are not using it for promising youngsters coming through and are just getting experienced players game time it will all end disaster enjoy while you can

#24 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Do you think any off these players would of gone to Hunslet or any championship club before this new system that it now been abused by a couple of clubs apart from Hood . Personally don't have problems with DR if it is done for the right reasons just a shame Hunslet and Swinton are not using it for promising youngsters coming through and are just getting experienced players game time it will all end disaster enjoy while you can

Moore and Achurch no the rest yes, but at the end of the day Hunslet have to play the hand that they are dealt and if a player of Moore or Achurch becomes available i dont blame them, What is the difference how old somebody is, Rhys Evans was 1 week in the Leigh team week after Wires but because he is under 23 this is ok? Nobody batted an eyelid about that but they then sign an agreement "memorandum of understanding" along with 4 other clubs. Short memories a lot of people, oh and dont get me started on Barrow ;)

#25 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

So its ok for Fev to sign DR players but not Hunslet? Maybe if Hunslet or Swinton had a backer to sign players they could say no to these link ups and maybe get to a championship play off final?

:lol: pathetic.

Cummins Out.

#26 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

:lol: pathetic.

Is that not true then?

#27 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Is that not true then?

I feel bad for laughing, its actually tragic!

You mean DR system in its initial run where any club could sign DR players from any Super League club? Within some set limits? It wasnt for us, so used it sparingly when loans couldn't be agreed in time.

You lot at Hunslet have it in your heads that people have been pulling up at Fev with dumper trucks full of money... which is far from the case... maybe this is the line youve convinced yourself of when you look at he situation at your 'club' to sleep better at night.

Cummins Out.

#28 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Moore and Achurch no the rest yes, but at the end of the day Hunslet have to play the hand that they are dealt and if a player of Moore or Achurch becomes available i dont blame them, What is the difference how old somebody is, Rhys Evans was 1 week in the Leigh team week after Wires but because he is under 23 this is ok? Nobody batted an eyelid about that but they then sign an agreement "memorandum of understanding" along with 4 other clubs. Short memories a lot of people, oh and dont get me started on Barrow ;)

Few questions I'd like you to answer before you carry on.

How many teams previously had full squads registered? Did featherstone have a full Widnes side registered to them last season?

Also the players which were on dual registration for a set period of time did a club get an immediate replacement if he got injured? Were players being constantly swapped and changed like they are now, we're four games into the season we don't know how many are going to be used.

How is the value system fair. If a 100k a year SL player costs 1.5k a game for a Championship club. So that's 39k a season. How can a non partnership club get a 100k+ SL player to sign permanently for 39k a year?

Also the old way it was used supported the development of young players. Players such as Ben Davies, Jermaine Mcgilvary and Lee Mossop going to a side for a set period of time benefits the game as a whole. They all developed and came better players. How is Richard Moore playing Championship rugby benefiting the game? It benefits Leeds and Hunslet only. You may ask how the players I named helps the game as a whole, well if you need an answer to that check who was playing prop for England in last years 4N.

Your argument lacks any common sense and missing blatant differences between how it is being used now and how it was used.

#29 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

So you look at the players in your squad and tell me you could afford them without a backer? If your honest answer is yes then ok, but i somehow think not, Briggs and Hardaker smelt of dodgyness at the time but youve probably forgotten that.

#30 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Few questions I'd like you to answer before you carry on.

How many teams previously had full squads registered? Did featherstone have a full Widnes side registered to them last season?

Also the players which were on dual registration for a set period of time did a club get an immediate replacement if he got injured? Were players being constantly swapped and changed like they are now, we're four games into the season we don't know how many are going to be used.

How is the value system fair. If a 100k a year SL player costs 1.5k a game for a Championship club. So that's 39k a season. How can a non partnership club get a 100k+ SL player to sign permanently for 39k a year?

Also the old way it was used supported the development of young players. Players such as Ben Davies, Jermaine Mcgilvary and Lee Mossop going to a side for a set period of time benefits the game as a whole. They all developed and came better players. How is Richard Moore playing Championship rugby benefiting the game? It benefits Leeds and Hunslet only. You may ask how the players I named helps the game as a whole, well if you need an answer to that check who was playing prop for England in last years 4N.

Your argument lacks any common sense and missing blatant differences between how it is being used now and how it was used.

like i say dont get me started on Barrow, the rule is there for everyone, if Barrow choose not to use it then good luck to them

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

What a surprise ignores everything I say and has a cheeky dig at Barrow.

I'm afraid your in denial that your club is now just an extension of Leeds Rhinos, and your clubs proud history of being Hunslet is no longer to be continued.

#32 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

So you look at the players in your squad and tell me you could afford them without a backer? If your honest answer is yes then ok, but i somehow think not, Briggs and Hardaker smelt of dodgyness at the time but youve probably forgotten that.

Hardaker came through our academy you doilum! :lol:

Cummins Out.

#33 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

He'll ignore that point as he knows you're correct.

#34 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Im not bothering with him anymore, he clearly knows nothing. :lol:

Cummins Out.

#35 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

cos you have a "cheeky dig" at Hunslet for abusing the system and then forget all about your own club, difference with us is we are breaking no rules.

#36 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

so didnt they pay 60k for him and DR you him back or am i mistaken doilum?

#37 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

cos you have a "cheeky dig" at Hunslet for abusing the system and then forget all about your own club, difference with us is we are breaking no rules.

:lol: just stop.

Cummins Out.

#38 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yes... it was closer to £80k.

AGAIN YOURE MISTAKEN!!! im not having a dig at Hunslet for breaking any rules, im having a dig for becoming a reserve team. Keep up son.

Cummins Out.

#39 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'm actually baffled.

Featherstone develop their own player to which SL clubs recognise he's going to be world class so they pay a transfer fee for him. He's not yet ready for SL due to his age so they send him back to Featherstone to develop him as a player. He then develops into a quality player and is on the brink of being world class and is already an international due to being developed correctly. He plays for England which therefore benefits the whole game.

Now can you compare that to Richard Moore playing for Hunslet and show me the similarities. If you don't care to answer with a proper answer then don't even bother, I can't spell it out any clearer for you.

#40 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,581 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hunslet like Swinton have lost their independance and simply are just a dumping ground for Leeds and Warrington players who either are not good enough for SL or coming back from injury. And is this really helping Swinton and Hunslet, with nobody really knowing if which players they will have from one week to the next. It cant be good for team spirit with players simply being dropped for Bridge, Moore, Achurch etc for no real reason. And maybe a good young lad released at the end of the season by his SL club thinks I wont join Hunslet or Swinton as they just drop their own players so a Leeds/Warrington lad gets a run out. Swinton and Hunslet are still down the bottom even with all the Leeds and Warrington players they have. The original purpose was to offer young Brits the chance to play at a higher standard than the old academy. Instead the BS given out by SL clubs and the RFL is now clear. Championship clubs are slowly being used as a dumping ground. Personally I hope Swinton and Hunslet are relegated as they for me have both made a real joke of the DR system way more than others. Others like Workington for example are doing it properly and using just one or two Young players and not taking Widnes first teamers even though they have been offered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users