Hawks Prayers Answered with Achurch

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#81 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Sadly for Hunslet they never put things in place really off field when they was enjoying the better times. Now thats come to haunt them for me. It must be hard for people to put much hard work in and seemingly get nowhere which it must feel like at times. But I personally feel that Hunslet just seem to have given up and seem happy to be a Leeds dumping ground and I personally couldnt support a club that had done that.

There were no better times. They were always getting nowhere.

Progressively people gave up on the club whether fans sponsors or Leeds Council.

40 years of hard work and slog to get nowhere Lizzy. 40 years of having their best players and fans attracted away from them

Eventually the numbers willing to help with time or money give up. Jerry Mason died, Graham Liles's health gave up. Their money masked the clubs weak position. We ran out of benefactors and people with no personal money are trying to salvage something

Yet you re-interpret this as bad management and laziness???

You can't reasonably and logically just assume that people SHOULD come forward and help for nothing, and when they do you cannot expect them to go beyond their own personal limits money and time wise.

Would you dare go down South Leeds Stadium an say what your saying to Blackpool Hawk and his colleagues face to face?

You still want to assume kids would be persuaded to play and watch the club. What would you have said to a 14 year old Paul McShane who went to a school that looks over Hunslets SLS home. "Paul why not get a Hunslet season ticket and come along and play for our juniors" Like the rest of the kids they are mostly not Hunslet people, and they aspire to Superleague. It's just up the road.

London Skolars or Gateshead are in a different situation.

Think again Lizzy, At least take on board what L'Angelo says......

Edited by The Parksider, 04 March 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#82 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

1. The top 4 and Barrow dont have a problem with the Dual Regs as it was originally intended.

2. But the fact that certain clubs have decided to abuse the system as it was originally intended, making games and the championship a potential lottery, is what the clubs are unhappy about.

3. The reaction of fans across the clubs, shows the concern and frustration

1. You don't know the intention. For some it's just a bit of DR to help for others it's the start of a process to create "A" teams.

2. You don't know the "Intention" the abuse of the system for one club is the use of the system to survive by another.

3. 9 clubs are happy only 5 are unhappy. Outvoted. as for fan reaction the loud voices of a minority are at it again. What "The fans" reaction will be will be seen in the attendances as the season progresses.

You may not like DR as it's going, nor may I, but clubs are allowed to do what they want to do. IMHO you can fight against it, but those that do shouldn't IMHO pretend they are fighting on a moral high ground.

#83 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

You may not like DR as it's going, nor may I, but clubs are allowed to do what they want to do. IMHO you can fight against it, but those that do shouldn't IMHO pretend they are fighting on a moral high ground.

What is your opinion on the reason why the 5 clubs are "fighting" against the current dual reg system?

Edited by a.n Other, 04 March 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#84 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

What is your opinion on the reason why the 5 clubs are "fighting" against the current dual reg system?

From what I listen to them saying, and from what I read they seem to say the reason is it ruins the integrity of the Championship which is a pride thing?? It skews the salary cap idea in that clubs get players for "cheap" rates and get away with a bit of leeway?? It reduces the attractiveness of fixtures and clubs risk lower attendances playing "A" teams, and none have said it outright, but they don't want this to go so far that it could lead them to losing games to essentially Superleague players. Also it could ruin the play offs etc etc.

All these fears have a counter argument, ATEOTD it's important that the clubs who want to get to Superleague are not compromised from this situation, it's also important that the clubs who want to survive are allowed to do so.

Edited by The Parksider, 04 March 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#85 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Just got Barry Eaton's latest opinion as Mr. Sadler's paper has just dropped through my letterbox.

He is adamant that what he's NOT doing is just toadying to Leeds and going lazily along with DR. He is "working with Leeds to produce a joint player development pathway for the benefit of both clubs".

He thinks this benefits the championship because:-

a. It raises the profile of the Championship having big names play in it.
b. It makes the Championship a much more competitive league.

These are good arguments if one takes off any self interest hat one is wearing.

Eaton recalls the financial struggles of Leigh, Halifax (begging buckets) and Featherstone before Mark Campbell came along and he indicates that it's OK for clubs who have money men putting thousands in, but they really should not be dictating (especially on some pseudo moral basis) to clubs who just don't have that help.

He goes as far as to say it's "Hypocritical".

The question is if Leigh had dropped to CC1 (they nearly did) or Fev had not got out of CC1 would they be as high and mighty as they are being now??

The competetive quotes are interesting. Last year he recounts Fev beat Hunslet 60-0, this year Hunslet made a game of it. He shows no great interest in knocking the top four off their perches, and the club has no interest in SL. Hunslet will not be standing in the way of Featherstone's SL application.

Often CC fans criticise SL for being a 4 club league. It's OK to have that for the Championship though as long as one's club is one of the four. So it does again smack of Hypocracy.

Is there any difference between getting a businessman to lend you a few hundred thousand quid and getting your local SL club to lend you a few good players.

I'd say IMHO not?

What do you say good sir??

Edited by The Parksider, 04 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#86 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Just got Barry Eaton's latest opinion as Mr. Sadler's paper has just dropped through my letterbox.

He is adamant that what he's NOT doing is just toadying to Leeds and going lazily along with DR. He is "working with Leeds to produce a joint player development pathway for the benefit of both clubs".

He thinks this benefits the championship because:-

a. It raises the profile of the Championship having big names play in it.
b. It makes the Championship a much more competitive league.

These are good arguments if one takes off any self interest hat one is wearing.

Eaton recalls the financial struggles of Leigh, Halifax (begging buckets) and Featherstone before Mark Campbell came along and he indicates that it's OK for clubs who have money men putting thousands in, but they really should not be dictating (especially on some pseudo moral basis) to clubs who just don't have that help.

He goes as far as to say it's "Hypocritical".

The question is if Leigh had dropped to CC1 (they nearly did) or Fev had not got out of CC1 would they be as high and mighty as they are being now??

The competetive quotes are interesting. Last year he recounts Fev beat Hunslet 60-0, this year Hunslet made a game of it. He shows no great interest in knocking the top four off their perches, and the club has no interest in SL. Hunslet will not be standing in the way of Featherstone's SL application.

Often CC fans criticise SL for being a 4 club league. It's OK to have that for the Championship though as long as one's club is one of the four. So it does again smack of Hypocracy.

Is there any difference between getting a businessman to lend you a few hundred thousand quid and getting your local SL club to lend you a few good players.

I'd say IMHO not?

What do you say good sir??

He makes some interesting points. But for me it is ruining the integrity of the competition. I am not interested in watching a league in which SL players may play to get fit. If I wanted to watch SL players from a team I don't support playing, I would watch a SL game. Apart from Fev it would appears attendances are dropping this year. If this is a result of the increased DR I don't know. But it may be.

Edited by a.n Other, 04 March 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#87 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Some interesting points made by all here, too many for me to respond to, but makes for a healthy debate.

All i will say is that i had the pleasure of watching 17 players in Myrtle, Flame & White play some tremendous rugby league yesterday and win with ease against a decent Doncaster team. A win that has seen us equal our total number of wins in 2012 and a win that has given us our highest league position for many a year. Shortsightedness at its best! ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#88 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

we used 4 DR salford players on sunday....and to say it was a unmitigated disaster is a understatement...

players that have trained with the team all winter,won 2 pre season games where dropped for 4 salford lads who turned up a couple of days before the game.....and unsurprisingly we got stuffed....

theres not a single fan on the oldham board thats happy about it...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#89 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I had the pleasure of watching 17 players in Myrtle, Flame & White play some tremendous rugby league yesterday and win with ease against a decent Doncaster team.

That's fair enough. If you enjoyed yourself that's what it's all about.

#90 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I am not interested in watching a league in which SL players may play to get fit.

That's fair enough if you aren't interested.

#91 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Theres not a single fan on the oldham board thats happy about it.

That's fair enough, but you don't say if they are unhappy full stop.

Or some/all of them would have been happy if they had had "The pleasure of watching 17 players" in Red and white hoops "play some tremendous rugby league yesterday and win with ease"

#92 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

But for me it is ruining the integrity of the competition.

Fair enough, I'll retain the view the integrity of RL competitions have been ruined for many years by rich men trying to outspend each other and by mercenary players travelling across the world to get at that money.

Oddly enough as Barry Eaton says and Blackpool Hawk will agree, the Hunslet-Leeds set up is about developing young players for the game, many of them from Leeds and who will stock two Leeds clubs.

I don't see any lack of integrity there, Caddick, Williams, Hetherington, Eaton, McDermott and Blackpool Hawk aren't throwing personal money about or dumping good Leeds lads for foreigners.

In fact IMHO there's shedloads of integrity in the arrangement.....

#93 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Posted Image

Doesn't look happy about this doe's he?
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#94 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

That's fair enough. If you enjoyed yourself that's what it's all about.

Indeed, I, like all other Hunslet supporters have had to watch 13 years of rubbish (except the 2010 title winning side) to be honest so i'm going to enjoy every win we have regardless of who's in the team, who isn't, integrity of the competition etc etc I pay my admission every Sunday to be entertained, that's all i want, Sunday i was entertained, long may it continue.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#95 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Some interesting points made by all here, too many for me to respond to, but makes for a healthy debate.

All i will say is that i had the pleasure of watching 17 players in Myrtle, Flame & White play some tremendous rugby league yesterday and win with ease against a decent Doncaster team. A win that has seen us equal our total number of wins in 2012 and a win that has given us our highest league position for many a year. Shortsightedness at its best! ;)

All that shows is that Wakefield reserves are worse than Leeds reserves. if that's the limit of the club;'s ambition, so be it, but it's depressing.

#96 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

All that shows is that Wakefield reserves are worse than Leeds reserves. if that's the limit of the club;'s ambition, so be it, but it's depressing.

That's a nonsense and you aren't listening.

The tie up is a full joint development system.

It means that the City is aiming to improve an excellent junior development system and furnish both it's clubs with players from Leeds for the future of the two Leeds clubs.

Over the years loads of Hunslet lads have crossed the river, now they'll be crossing it both ways and the old dead rivalry can be replaced by something else positive.

All for the good of the clubs AND the game.

#97 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Or maybe our 13 contracted players who played Sunday were better than the 14 Donny contracted players on the day?

I also see one of our contracted players won Championship Player of week ;)

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 04 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#98 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Indeed, I, like all other Hunslet supporters have had to watch 13 years of rubbish to be honest so i'm going to enjoy every win we have regardless of who's in the team, who isn't, integrity of the competition etc etc I pay my admission every Sunday to be entertained, that's all i want, Sunday i was entertained, long may it continue.

Well said and I suggest there's loads of integrity in what the clubs are doing.

The lowest ebb for me was a few seasons back when Skolars came up on a Monday night and stuck 50 odd up us before a few hundred when our matchday photographer got sent off? Then later didn't Workington put 50 past us before 300?

The gang of four and their fans are insisting we go back to that for the sake of "integrity"

#99 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

That's a nonsense and you aren't listening.

The tie up is a full joint development system.

It means that the City is aiming to improve an excellent junior development system and furnish both it's clubs with players from Leeds for the future of the two Leeds clubs.

Over the years loads of Hunslet lads have crossed the river, now they'll be crossing it both ways and the old dead rivalry can be replaced by something else positive.

All for the good of the clubs AND the game.

All for the good of Leeds. All decent players on the Hunslet books as DR players will be siphoned off to Leeds whenever Leeds need them and I would bet that if Hunslet uncover a Hardacre on their own, they will put pressure on Hunslet and hoover him up as well.

The only ones staying on the South side of the river for any length of time will be the no hopers. Why would Hunslet sign any propsects, they can just rely on Leeds doing it for them. Hubslet, shorn of DR players will be even worse than they were last season.

#100 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Or maybe our 13 contracted players who played Sunday were better than the 14 Donny contracted players on the day?

I also see one of our contracted players won Championship Player of week ;)

And one of your SL loanees scored one of the tries in your loinerlike victory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users