Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hawks Prayers Answered with Achurch

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#101 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

All that shows is that Wakefield reserves are worse than Leeds reserves. if that's the limit of the club;'s ambition, so be it, but it's depressing.

What a load of rubbish.
Posted Image

#102 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well said and I suggest there's loads of integrity in what the clubs are doing.

The lowest ebb for me was a few seasons back when Skolars came up on a Monday night and stuck 50 odd up us before a few hundred when our matchday photographer got sent off? Then later didn't Workington put 50 past us before 300?

The gang of four and their fans are insisting we go back to that for the sake of "integrity"

Well, if the talent in London is as great as you think it is and the Skolars get a very possible promotion this year, they might well comne back to SLS stadium next year as Broncos reserves and stuff Leeds reserves for the A team championship trophy

#103 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

What a load of rubbish.

Says the chairman of the Hull supporters club.

#104 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

1. All for the good of Leeds.

2. All decent players on the Hunslet books as DR players will be siphoned off to Leeds whenever Leeds need them and I would bet that if Hunslet uncover a Hardacre on their own, they will put pressure on Hunslet and hoover him up as well.

3. The only ones staying on the South side of the river for any length of time will be the no hopers.

4. Why would Hunslet sign any propsects, they can just rely on Leeds doing it for them. Hubslet, shorn of DR players will be even worse than they were last season.

1. Staying in the Championship is for the good of Hunslet.

2. Of course Leeds will sign the professional players, with Eatons blessing.

3. Hunslet will sign the best of those who don't make pro but are good semi pros

Barry and his team will be active with Leeds encouraging all the local junior sides and scouting the best lads

None of your business anyway, why not concentrate on your own clubs tie up?

#105 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well said and I suggest there's loads of integrity in what the clubs are doing.

The lowest ebb for me was a few seasons back when Skolars came up on a Monday night and stuck 50 odd up us before a few hundred when our matchday photographer got sent off? Then later didn't Workington put 50 past us before 300?

The gang of four and their fans are insisting we go back to that for the sake of "integrity"

We have had some very dark days over the last few years, talking of integrity, i traveled with 52 fellow supporters 6 hours on a coach to Port Talbot in 2009 to watch my club play a team called Celtic Crusaders, that day Hunslet team were pretty much made up of local amateurs and cast offs from other local clubs, that day we cam up against a team which consisted of several Australians, we got beat by 80 points, we stood there and watched our team get hammered, then set off back on our 6 hour journey to Leeds. Now forgive me but where was the integrity of the sport that day? where was the championship clubs up in arms that day? where was all the concern for the history of Hunslet that day? there wasn't any because it was just another dubbing for poor Hunslet, no one gave two hoots, so forgive me now for not giving two hoots now that my club may once be benefiting from a rule that allows us to at least compete and win rugby league matches.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#106 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

And one of your SL loanees scored one of the tries in your loinerlike victory.

Are you not well?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#107 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Well, if the talent in London is as great as you think it is and the Skolars get a very possible promotion this year, they might well comne back to SLS stadium next year as Broncos reserves and stuff Leeds reserves for the A team championship trophy

I hope they do, I want RL to expand successfully in London, I want Leeds as a city to have such a great RL scene it can support two clubs. You need to stop being mean spirited and sort your own club out.

Times change and we can't get back to two tiers in which clubs in the second tier can build and get promotion and stay up and all that stuff.

Those days are gone. We need a strong SL for the game to survive, the Championship has gone this way because needs must.

It can't live on your dreams.

#108 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,691 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Says the chairman of the Hull supporters club.

he's worth ten of you.

he actually puts something worthwhileand positive into the game
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#109 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Have a look at 'Lazy' Hunslet's community work!

http://www.hunsletha...gory/community/

#110 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Have a look at 'Lazy' Hunslet's community work!

http://www.hunsletha...gory/community/

I'm coming round to this more and more (keighley is a big help).

As you'll know there never really was an official north of the river and south of the river divide between the clubs, Hunslet's directors for many years wanted to be accepted as a "Leeds" club hence they don the University's colours.

There can't be two Leeds clubs in SL so it's hardly revolutionary and lacks integrity for the clubs to come together and run one side in SL and one in CC.

The bottom line seems to be people don't want you doing anything for your club that may affect their club.

We stand 22nd. in the Rugby League, when were we last that high??

#111 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

he's worth ten of you.

he actually puts something worthwhileand positive into the game

You know nothing about me. What you might care to consider however is that I live 4,000 miles from the UK and my financial resources are not unlimited.

However I will be spending a small fortune to attend the World Cup games this Autumn. That's as worthwhile and positive as i can manage.

Don't spend all the money from your charm school prioze at once, will you?

#112 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

I'm coming round to this more and more (keighley is a big help).

As you'll know there never really was an official north of the river and south of the river divide between the clubs, Hunslet's directors for many years wanted to be accepted as a "Leeds" club hence they don the University's colours.

There can't be two Leeds clubs in SL so it's hardly revolutionary and lacks integrity for the clubs to come together and run one side in SL and one in CC.

The bottom line seems to be people don't want you doing anything for your club that may affect their club.

We stand 22nd. in the Rugby League, when were we last that high??

What was the deal with the chocolate and white strip, adopted in the 60's?

You stand 22nd in the Rugby League, Hardly a worthy achievment though seeing as it has been achieved on the back of leeds players.

I think the last time you were this high or higher was when you won the grand Final and promotion to SL but were denied due to a promise reneging council . Had that happened there would have been rwo SL clubs in Leeds despite your certainties as to the impossibility of it.

#113 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I hope they do, I want RL to expand successfully in London, I want Leeds as a city to have such a great RL scene it can support two clubs. You need to stop being mean spirited and sort your own club out.

Times change and we can't get back to two tiers in which clubs in the second tier can build and get promotion and stay up and all that stuff.

Those days are gone. We need a strong SL for the game to survive, the Championship has gone this way because needs must.

It can't live on your dreams.

Keighley came late to the DR party and have the pick of the best of a small Castleford squad. I think they are doomed to relegation this season. They may as well have preserved their independence and gone down as a non A team.

I think relegation, coupled with the lack of interest in a Castleford A team in a town 30 miles away could well see another bankruptcy and the extinction of the club. No doubt Hetherington and his accolytes will be happy then.

#114 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,691 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

You know nothing about me. What you might care to consider however is that I live 4,000 miles from the UK and my financial resources are not unlimited.

However I will be spending a small fortune to attend the World Cup games this Autumn. That's as worthwhile and positive as i can manage.

Don't spend all the money from your charm school prioze at once, will you?

And you know nothing about gav, but it didn't stop you making a stupid personal remark about him

I couldn't care less what you spend your money on
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#115 Lez

Lez
  • Players
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

And you know nothing about gav, but it didn't stop you making a stupid personal remark about him

And yet you know nothing about keighley, but feel you have the right to judge his worth?
Get off yer high horse son.

#116 Lez

Lez
  • Players
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Fair enough, I'll retain the view the integrity of RL competitions have been ruined for many years by rich men trying to outspend each other and by mercenary players travelling across the world to get at that money.

Oddly enough as Barry Eaton says and Blackpool Hawk will agree, the Hunslet-Leeds set up is about developing young players for the game, many of them from Leeds and who will stock two Leeds clubs.

I don't see any lack of integrity there, Caddick, Williams, Hetherington, Eaton, McDermott and Blackpool Hawk aren't throwing personal money about or dumping good Leeds lads for foreigners.

In fact IMHO there's shedloads of integrity in the arrangement.....

Kylie Leuluai, Richard moore, (Chris Bridge & Paul Wood at Swinton) can't be classed as young players can they?

I have nothing against Hunslet as a club, infact i thought their supporters we're great when they visited Featherstone. I just feel that certain super league teams are taking the mick when chosing what players to make available, surely it would be more beneficial to all concerned to have an age limit if a pathway is the ultimate goal, it's not like Hunslet are going to sign Leuluai at any point is it?

#117 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

I didn't make a personal remark about him. i was just alluding to rthe fact that he is a York supporter and they are Hull A team. What is personal about that?

#118 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I didn't make a personal remark about him. i was just alluding to rthe fact that he is a York supporter and they are Hull A team. What is personal about that?

After the hoo-haa I had with York City FC last night, your snide comment barely even registered on my radar pal. Don't worry about it...

;)
Posted Image

#119 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Of the nine partnered Championship clubs, I'd be really interested to know whether the other seven are leaning more towards the the recent proposals of the independent clubs or those of Hunslet and Swinton. Maybe the fans could give their views.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#120 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Of the nine partnered Championship clubs, I'd be really interested to know whether the other seven are leaning more towards the the recent proposals of the independent clubs or those of Hunslet and Swinton. Maybe the fans could give their views.

Would help if the proposals were emailed to us to look at, we're still waiting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users