Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

transport for sundays game

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 antonie

antonie
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi has anybody got kev morrows phone number as the one i have got is going to someone called alan
cheers tony :rolleyes:

#2 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hi has anybody got kev morrows phone number as the one i have got is going to someone called alan
cheers tony :rolleyes:

E mail me at oldhamroughyed@hotmail.com and I'll send it you but both buses are full for Sunday

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ive one spare seat for tomoz :D PM me asap!!!
Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#4 JunctionInn

JunctionInn
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

E mail me at oldhamroughyed@hotmail.com and I'll send it you but both buses are full for Sunday

Just spoke to Kev Morrow on the phone. He says that the buses are no longer available and that he just has five in a car now. Something about a stag do. If you think you're on his trip, you better contact him urgently, or make alternative arrangements.

Anyway, we have been let down by the situation and have two guys needing to get to the game. If anybody has space in their car or know of anybody who might have, then please let us know on 0161 633 2759...

#5 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Up the yeds

Edited by allroughyed, 02 March 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#6 JunctionInn

JunctionInn
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Perhaps if you didn't put such stupid before and after game rules on match travel, you wouldn't be in this predicament. All the fans want to meet up with players after the game. The regulars have got long term arrangements in place with kev and tony, and that's why they ain't travelling with you

We have no issue with people travelling with Kev and Tony, continuing with such long standing arrangements is perfectly understandable and there is no ill feeling on our part about it. All we do is offer to run trips and if there's enough demand to make it viable fine, if there isn't then so be it.

With regards to fans wanting to meet up with players after the game, in our experience supporter opinion is split on this. When we've set timings to allow for that a lot of people have complained to us that they would rather come straight back after the game, whilst as you rightly point out, others do prefer to stick around for a while. In such a scenario it is obviously impossible to please everybody and so we have to make a decision one way or the other.

The majority of those that like to stick around tend to be the people that have long standing arrangements with Kev and Tony and therefore by definition do not travel with us frequently, it therefore seemed to make sense this season to set the timings in accordance with the preferences of those who tend to book with us more frequently. This is no slight on those that normally travel with Kev and Tony, it just seems to us to be the common sense approach.

We're not sure which of the other travel arrangements you think are stupid but if you want to point them out we'd be happy to explain why we feel they are necessary.

#7 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

I would suggest that as the two buses were full early week and you only have two people booked means that nearly all the fans want to stop behind. I think its a bit unfair to blame Kevin for the fact you can't sort travel out for your two booked customers, due to the restrictions you place on after match travel

#8 JunctionInn

JunctionInn
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

I would suggest that as the two buses were full early week and you only have two people booked means that nearly all the fans want to stop behind. I think its a bit unfair to blame Kevin for the fact you can't sort travel out for your two booked customers, due to the restrictions you place on after match travel

We had 4 booked but 2 of them no longer wish to travel now that we aren't running anything. They both prefer to travel back immediately after matches. We also have an additional group of around 7 or 8 people that go to around half the away fixtures per season and when doing so always choose to travel with us. They too prefer to travel back immediately after games. North Wales is a match they would normally attend but this season it has fallen on just about the only weekend of the season that they cannot attend. The people that prefer to stick around afterwards have very rarely booked with us in the past, even when we offered that service, largely due to the perfectly understandable long standing arrangement with Kevin and Tony to which we do not object, so we would beg to politely differ with you about our after-match travel arrangements being restrictive.

We have never said that we are blaming Kevin for us being unable to make alternative arrangements for the 2 bookings in question, sorry if you were under that misapprehension.

When it became apparent that our trip would not be running, rather than simply wash our hands of the 2 supporters in question we merely tried to do them a favour and contacted Kevin to ask if he had any spaces and if so whether he would be willing to take them if we passed their fare on to him. Kevin kindly agreed but then contacted us this afternoon to say that he could no longer do so because the gear box had failed on the 14 seater and he was now only able to run the 8 seater.

We subsequently found somebody that was willing to offer the services of a larger vehicle and contacted Kevin to see if this would help him out but he explained that due to most of the regulars attending a stag do there were now just 5 people travelling in a car. In the meantime we'd had a call from another person wishing to book and in addition to the 2 we already had that still wished to travel that would see Kevin's 8 seater full again, but when we suggested this Kevin explained that his 8 seater was no longer available either.

We know Kevin and he's a good bloke, the above were merely an unfortunate set of circumstances beyond his control and there was no suggestion on our part that Kevin was to blame for us struggling to help 2 Roughyeds supporters. Indeed, Kevin later called us to say he'd found somebody driving to the match that would be willing to take the 2 people in question. Much like ourselves, it appears he was merely trying to help 2 fellow Roughyeds supporters to get to the game so we're not sure why there seems to be the feeling that we are blaming him in some way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users