Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Full time scores

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Skirlaugh 4 Lock lane 18.

#2 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

East hull 32-24 York acorn good game all round k

#3 The Assassin

The Assassin
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hull Dockers 18-14 Myton Warriors
Is he having a laugh?, are you having a laugh?

#4 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Leigh Miners 17 - 16 Siddal

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

http://www.nationalc...tch_day/results

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#6 georgehadgingerhair

georgehadgingerhair
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

East Leeds 40 Rochdale Mayfield 10

#7 Wiffdog

Wiffdog
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Egremont Rangers 36 - 14 West Hull
Egremont Rangers 7th choice winger 2002-2007

#8 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

was at the west hull v egremont game yesterday and egremont looked impressive, if they can pick up a few wins away from home they will be right up there going off yesterdays performance, like wath brow i cant see many if any teams going upto cumbria and coming home with the two points.

#9 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Lock Lane aren't to be underestimated they tackled very very well in the second half at Skirlaugh

They were the better side for me yesterday, but i do beleive the ref was a bit too whistle happy blowing for lots of penalties in a clean game

#10 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Watched pats v thatto yesterday and was quite impressed with the first proper hit out if the season. Thatto went 16-0 up in about ten minutes and where like a house on fire ripping pats to shreds up the middle and on the fringes. Pats hit back with some good tries and both defences stood strong. I'm sure mr statt man will give us a more detailed summary. But from what I saw the standard looks good. Think it ended 26-18 to thatto!!!

Edited by Bruce, 03 March 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#11 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Leigh Miners 17 v 16 Siddal

Leigh Miners started there 2013 Premier Division campaign with a narrow 17-16 victory against Siddal yesterday afternoon in front of a big Twist Lane crowd. In what was a tough game throughout between two well matched sides, it was the home team who started the brighter and got on the scoreboard after about seven minutes when Ross Bradley went over on the right hand side after some good play by winger Andrew Groves to give Miners a 4-0 lead. Siddal responded five minutes later when they found themselves in good ball after Miners gave a couple of needless penalties away, Siddal scoring in the corner to tie the game up at 4-4. The visitors took the lead soon after with a try out on the left, the try being converted to give the score 10-4. Both teams had a few chances to score in the remainder of the first half but neither was able to get over the line and it was Siddal who took a six point lead into the halftime break leading 10-4.

Miners come out strongly in the second half drawing back level five minutes after the restart, hooker Jimmy Muir spotting a gap in the Siddal defence to dart over from ten yards out to score, Youds landing the conversion to give the score 10-10. Jimmy Muir was involved again on the hour mark jumping out down the short side to send centre Martin Lewis charging over to score to put Miners back in front at 14-10. Siddal drew level for a second time against the run of play, with Miners being in control of the game they again gave away a number of needless penalties to march the visitors up field and they took full advantage of the good field position to score in the left corner to tie the game up at 14-14 with just over ten minutes remaining. Liam Coleman edged Miners back in front with a drop goal but from the restart Miners knocked on, and once again ill-discipline cost them and instead of a scrum Siddal were handed a penalty after Miners were penalized for dissent, Siddal opting to go for goal and the kick was easily converted to give the score 16-15 in favour of the visitors with six minutes remaining. With time running out for Miners they forced Siddal into an error on the half way and from the next set they were rewarded a penalty on the left forty yards out, Jonny Youds putting Miners back in front converting the difficult penalty goal and from that they saw the game out in the final couple of minutes to win 17-16.

Next week Miners are at home against Milford Marlins in the second round of the Tetleys Challenge Cup.

MINERS TEAM = Jonny Youds, Andrew Groves, Ross Bradley, Martin Lewis, John Woods, Liam Coleman, Scott O'Brien, Kev Howells, Danny Jones, Darryl Kay, Adam Thomason, Lee Gittins, Danny Jackson, SUBS = Tom Farrimond, Jimmy Muir, Jonny Carroll, Sean McDonald

MINERS MOM = Lee Gittins

Leigh Miners second team took the early season bragging rights with a 22-14 away victory against local rivals Leigh East.

#12 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

was at the west hull v egremont game yesterday and egremont looked impressive, if they can pick up a few wins away from home they will be right up there going off yesterdays performance, like wath brow i cant see many if any teams going upto cumbria and coming home with the two points.

Dockers won't have any fears of going up to Cumbria. <_<

#13 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Best Result of the weekend for me was Featherstone Lions 6 v 58 Heworth Great win after the lean period that Heworth have had over recent season and must have been a great day for Ken Sykes and Barry Jackson. lets hope it is the start of the return to better days for Heworth.

#14 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Best Result of the weekend for me was Featherstone Lions 6 v 58 Heworth Great win after the lean period that Heworth have had over recent season and must have been a great day for Ken Sykes and Barry Jackson. lets hope it is the start of the return to better days for Heworth.

Sharlston & Nevison Leap are still playing in the Pennine divisions.

Edited by Marauder, 04 March 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#15 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Nevison Leap are still playing in the Pennine championship division.

not interested in what Nevison Leap are doing this is forum is about NCL clubs Featherstone may or may not improve when and if they get some more players when the winter season is over until then they will have to manage with what they have got IMO if the players don't want to play for featherstone now I would not want them at my club.

#16 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,312 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

not interested in what Nevison Leap are doing this is forum is about NCL clubs Featherstone may or may not improve when and if they get some more players when the winter season is over until then they will have to manage with what they have got IMO if the players don't want to play for featherstone now I would not want them at my club.

We have turned away a number of players in our U16s who just want to play in the Union off season. We took 11 to an away game yesterday (we'll be OK once some of the new players get their cards back and others recover from injury) but I'd rather have 11 who want to play all year and bond as a team.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Would they field a side every week? I've been to watch them every season and they have been full of winter players, even guys who where on our books.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#18 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Leigh Miners 17 v 16 Siddal

Leigh Miners started there 2013 Premier Division campaign with a narrow 17-16 victory against Siddal yesterday afternoon in front of a big Twist Lane crowd. In what was a tough game throughout between two well matched sides, it was the home team who started the brighter and got on the scoreboard after about seven minutes when Ross Bradley went over on the right hand side after some good play by winger Andrew Groves to give Miners a 4-0 lead. Siddal responded five minutes later when they found themselves in good ball after Miners gave a couple of needless penalties away, Siddal scoring in the corner to tie the game up at 4-4. The visitors took the lead soon after with a try out on the left, the try being converted to give the score 10-4. Both teams had a few chances to score in the remainder of the first half but neither was able to get over the line and it was Siddal who took a six point lead into the halftime break leading 10-4.

Miners come out strongly in the second half drawing back level five minutes after the restart, hooker Jimmy Muir spotting a gap in the Siddal defence to dart over from ten yards out to score, Youds landing the conversion to give the score 10-10. Jimmy Muir was involved again on the hour mark jumping out down the short side to send centre Martin Lewis charging over to score to put Miners back in front at 14-10. Siddal drew level for a second time against the run of play, with Miners being in control of the game they again gave away a number of needless penalties to march the visitors up field and they took full advantage of the good field position to score in the left corner to tie the game up at 14-14 with just over ten minutes remaining. Liam Coleman edged Miners back in front with a drop goal but from the restart Miners knocked on, and once again ill-discipline cost them and instead of a scrum Siddal were handed a penalty after Miners were penalized for dissent, Siddal opting to go for goal and the kick was easily converted to give the score 16-15 in favour of the visitors with six minutes remaining. With time running out for Miners they forced Siddal into an error on the half way and from the next set they were rewarded a penalty on the left forty yards out, Jonny Youds putting Miners back in front converting the difficult penalty goal and from that they saw the game out in the final couple of minutes to win 17-16.

Next week Miners are at home against Milford Marlins in the second round of the Tetleys Challenge Cup.

MINERS TEAM = Jonny Youds, Andrew Groves, Ross Bradley, Martin Lewis, John Woods, Liam Coleman, Scott O'Brien, Kev Howells, Danny Jones, Darryl Kay, Adam Thomason, Lee Gittins, Danny Jackson, SUBS = Tom Farrimond, Jimmy Muir, Jonny Carroll, Sean McDonald

MINERS MOM = Lee Gittins

Leigh Miners second team took the early season bragging rights with a 22-14 away victory against local rivals Leigh East.

Any highlights of Saturdays game pal ??

#19 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Any highlights of Saturdays game pal ??

Not seen any yet will ask tomorrow at training if there not on by then

#20 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Would they field a side every week? I've been to watch them every season and they have been full of winter players, even guys who where on our books.

The original post was congratulating Hewoth on there win after a few hard seasons but you still have to twist it to winter players and yet again you mention how you know all the fev players as winter players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users