Club funds

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Dewsbury Rams has in the region of 500 season ticket holders all of whom must be loyal fans. In light of the demise of our main sponsor and therefore no cash input it got me wondering if those 500 fans rallied round and donated an extra say £20 each that alone would raise 10 grand to help offset the shortfall.

£20 isn't much these days but £10000 would be a big fillip for the club on the back of such bad news.

any thoughts!!
Ricochet!

#2 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

There are 62 million people in the UK of which 50 million are considered adults.

If every one sent the club a penny they would have half a million quid.

There is probably as much chance as that happening...

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#3 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think it is a nonstarter, think the club and fans need to focus on the new lottery drema etc. Im going to be signing up for the new lottery lets hope loads of others do too.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

There'll probably be a reason for the directors not setting the season ticket price at £20 higher than they did.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Yes and they had a main sponsor then too
Ricochet!

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

The club is after all a private company owned by individual shareholders who doesn't need to publish detailed annual accounts. Hence any judgement of the financial health of the club must be entirely speculative or subjective at best.

If an independent fund were to be generated (a la BISSA) which some of our number seem to be working towards then I reckon many more people might feel more comfortable donating to that. No need for panic yet I reckon.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

The club is after all a private company owned by individual shareholders who doesn't need to publish detailed annual accounts.

They need to file a balance sheet but not a profit and loss account.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users