Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Langtree Park

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I have a few thoughts on this:
- it just takes time for a new ground to feel like home. It takes shared experiences;
- I agree that the terrace along the side a la Headingley and the HJ, works so much better. You want your hard core together and everyone else to have space;
- perhaps they share a view with other clubs that the first 27 games are something of a pre season, and so feel less engaged;
- Saints' fans are discerning enough to be concerned at the relative (compared with the last decade at KR) lack of class and less entertaining style of play from the current team, which must translate itself into the atmosphere; and
- where Sky puts its cameras makes a big difference.
That said, they are still getting great crowds, built their own ground and are near enough to the top of the league to have plenty of happy days to build up the atmosphere.

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Who "decided" to move the sweary folk from under the sky cameras to the end?

... I've drawn a blank, are there seats along this side? That'll explain it...

Edited by hindle xiii, 04 March 2013 - 07:46 PM.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

At saints they've taken all the noisy buggers that used to be along the touchline and put them at the end of the ground. It's a different lay out totally.

The fans wanted a standing side, like at Warrington, but the club wouldn't agree. Originally the stadium was due to be all seater so the compromise is what we have now. It doesn't work though as the open sides mean that whatever noise is made by the West and East Stands floats out of the ground. We in the West can't hear the North Stand; those in the North can't hear the West Stand. The stadium is a hopeless design and is very disappointing in this regard (and also in the lack of protection from the elements regard, especially when the rain makes puddles in the concourses).

#24 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

The fans wanted a standing side, like at Warrington, but the club wouldn't agree. Originally the stadium was due to be all seater so the compromise is what we have now. It doesn't work though as the open sides mean that whatever noise is made by the West and East Stands floats out of the ground. We in the West can't hear the North Stand; those in the North can't hear the West Stand. The stadium is a hopeless design and is very disappointing in this regard (and also in the lack of protection from the elements regard, especially when the rain makes puddles in the concourses).

Like I said before I have never been to Langtree park,but I thought it looked better in the promotional images and video's before it was built than it does now its built.
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#25 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Although a quick improvement to the acoustics could be made by closing the gaps to the roof with cladding.

yep....the reflections from the would-be surface are required for sound reinforcement

#26 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

When Saints star playing entertaining Rugby again (win or loose) the atmosphere will improve,

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users