5 replies to this topic

#1 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Sir Owen Glenn's idea on branding the club Kiwi
http://www.stuff.co....t-own-club-haka
Smacks of the argument put bforward by some in Sydney against the Warriors inclusion back in 1995 that it devalues International RL as you can say by thois move EVERY Warriors game becomes an international.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#2 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Sir Owen Glenn's idea on branding the club Kiwi
http://www.stuff.co....t-own-club-haka
Smacks of the argument put bforward by some in Sydney against the Warriors inclusion back in 1995 that it devalues International RL as you can say by thois move EVERY Warriors game becomes an international.

I'm not sure about this idea at all. How can you have non kiwis performing the haka?
In the afl last year on the year before the Aussie national anthem was played before all the game's in the early rounds, and all it did was devalue the anthem.
It would be like the Catalan players singing the French national anthem before they played a game in my eyes.

#3 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Stupid idea. need to concentrate on playing good footy.

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Dilutes the concept. Save it for when the national team is playing.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,765 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

The Haka is the least of their concerns. After the R1 loss at Parramatta they'll want to improve their game straight away.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#6 R L Winger

R L Winger
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Tooheys Tooheys Fosters Meat Pies Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users