Photo
- - - - -

Female announcers on Channel Nine - What about SKY ?

Angela Powers time ?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

A real precedent for this, albeit not in RL. :D

When I said american, she wasn't quite what I had in mind. How did she ever get a job like that? Has she been sacked?

I'm sure there are some articulate american females who would do their homework and rid us of our stereotyped image once and for all. Well, it was a thought. :blush:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

A real precedent for this, albeit not in RL. :D

Yes, that's what I was inferring.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,024 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Well yes but she did give Warrington an A because they had great baby changing facilities...

Yes, and parking is easy at Warrington. All you need to do is know where the park and ride is (conveniently located to her), and bypass the near-stadium parking issues...

Sorry, I won't go on! It was bad. Time to move on!
Posted Image

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yes, and parking is easy at Warrington. All you need to do is know where the park and ride is (conveniently located to her), and bypass the near-stadium parking issues...

Sorry, I won't go on! It was bad. Time to move on!

no park and ride ever needed at Warrington. Ive never understood any of the parking complaints about Wire - there are literally thousands of spaces within 5 minutes of the ground - most free. Also the park and ride (b&q) is literally on the motorway junction which suits all fans. I see no reason to use it mind.
Maybe the rating was fair?

#25 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Female presenter, why not? Angela Powers, no.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#26 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,024 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

no park and ride ever needed at Warrington. Ive never understood any of the parking complaints about Wire - there are literally thousands of spaces within 5 minutes of the ground - most free. Also the park and ride (b&q) is literally on the motorway junction which suits all fans. I see no reason to use it mind.
Maybe the rating was fair?

It's poorly sign posted. We've been lost numerous times, and in the end we started using a gym car park. Many I know that have been have had similar issues. No good having it if we don't know where it is!
Is it fair that car parking is weighted as important as baby changing facilities? The same baby changing facilities that, despite Hull having then in abundance, because she asked one steward who didn't know we were given a 2!

Impartial, logical journalism.
Posted Image

#27 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

It's poorly sign posted. We've been lost numerous times, and in the end we started using a gym car park. Many I know that have been have had similar issues. No good having it if we don't know where it is!
Is it fair that car parking is weighted as important as baby changing facilities? The same baby changing facilities that, despite Hull having then in abundance, because she asked one steward who didn't know we were given a 2!

It's where these things are flawed tbh, it is based on her experience - the simple fact is though, the stewards absolutely should know or at least be able to find out.

I'll have to concede the point on Wire parking, as I know the area I don;t need signs so not sure how good any signing is. I also think I'm a bit weird in that I wouldn't go anywhere without researching it online nowadays! :)

#28 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

I thought your reactions to this at the time were excessive; still being angry about it 5-6 years later (?) is actually a source for concern.

If you're unable to spot the empty streets with oodles of free parking, I'd start to worry about whether you're a real Yorkshireman.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#29 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,555 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

When I said american, she wasn't quite what I had in mind. How did she ever get a job like that? Has she been sacked?

I'm sure there are some articulate american females who would do their homework and rid us of our stereotyped image once and for all. Well, it was a thought. :blush:

Ever the gent, Mo Farah's been on Twitter, defending her.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#30 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Ever the gent, Mo Farah's been on Twitter, defending her.

As you say, "Ever the gent."

But she didn't do her homework, did she? Never mind. If she has a sense of humour, she could turn it to her advantage.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#31 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,024 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I thought your reactions to this at the time were excessive; still being angry about it 5-6 years later (?) is actually a source for concern.

I'm not angry. Just bewildered. It's been brought back up, so I've commented on it.

If I'd have brought it up, then I'd be concerned.

If you're unable to spot the empty streets with oodles of free parking, I'd start to worry about whether you're a real Yorkshireman.

I didn't realise real Yorkshiremen could see through houses when driving down main roads to spot where the empty spaces were. Makes you wonder why they have signs up in Yorkshire at all.

Maybe Angela should have realised we all know where the baby changing facilities are already, and we didn't need signs or stewards to find them since we've got this special vision! The steward she asked must have been from over the bridge ;)
Posted Image

#32 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,024 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

It's where these things are flawed tbh, it is based on her experience - the simple fact is though, the stewards absolutely should know or at least be able to find out.

The stewards should. But she only asked one and left it at that. If that's where you're going to end your search, it's hardly going to give a good result.

I'll have to concede the point on Wire parking, as I know the area I don;t need signs so not sure how good any signing is. I also think I'm a bit weird in that I wouldn't go anywhere without researching it online nowadays! :)

Whilst it is good that you research ahead of time, you can't expect everyone to have the time or knowledge to find the info. Then there's also the ones that just can't be bothered, but at the end if the day it's the club that suffers by their non-attendance.

I remember how difficult it was to get in and around Leeds before I moved there, as well as find somewhere to park. Having lived there for 5 years, there's literally hundreds of places to park within easy reach of the main roads in. But they aren't marked. It's often extremely difficult to understand and explain something that's just natural to you.

My brother still can't get in and out of Leeds without getting lost!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users