TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Potential new coach?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

http://www.dailytele...r-1226588941012

Tongue out of cheek now?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#2 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Probably salford bound now Veivers has been sacked.

#3 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Veivers heading our way? :D <_<
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#4 TomTomGo

TomTomGo
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Paul Cullen?

#5 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Malcolm Alker has been linked with the job

When is the new coach named?

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

The delay in naming a new coach does not bold well for the future governance of this club
Our stakeholders multi faceted streams of revenue income in tandem with our multi agency cross bordered self sufficient poltically expedient approach to all things will be affected
In conclusion the future is bleak. We will fold. Agecroft will never be built. Dual registration and John Kidd....will result in a universal downfall of the financial structure of this country
This is all FACT.

Edited by mark richardson, 06 March 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

The future most definitely is bleak! How many kids do you see attending games?

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

The future most definitely is bleak! How many kids do you see attending games?

Bringing one on Sunday all being well
See you there.

#9 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

When is the Horseman paying back the monies to the Council. After that happens I think matters may move on.

#10 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Also taking my son

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#11 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

I regularly take my 12year old nephew.

#12 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Always take my son. Even took my sister last week. She enjoyed it all except for the whining from the fans about tactics and lack of "depth" in the attacking play. She thought danny bridge was a stand out and a hunk! Thought it was so much more exciting to watch than Man City! We have the best spectator sport ever. All we can do is keep going, try and bring in the kids and enjoy ourselves in the meantime. Would have helped if we had won as the last game she went to was the defeat to keighley on sky back in champ 1. Doncaster a week on Sunday ..... a winnable game?

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#13 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Well i this season ive been taking my daughter and nephew. I'll agree more needs to be done to target children but I think this is just finding something else to moan about when we have so much more on our plates.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#14 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

"whining from the fans about tactics and lack of "depth" in the attacking play" - that would be me then..........just did not realise that other fans also whined about such matters..............maybe next home match we could all sit together - the moaners that is - then if we whined in unison, then maybe our suggestions on tactics would be heard by the players.........:) :)

#15 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

I've taken my 6yo son a few times this season and my 8yo daughter to the last match as well. Both have enjoyed it. This is helped as they are sat down and can see better than when they last went at the Willows.
My son and two of his little mates have started training with Folly Lane cubs/U7's and are really enjoying it....choosing it over playing football. Excellent set-up at Folly and all the coaches really help the kids and give them confidence.
Next step is to convince the other two dads to bring their lads along to a Swinton match. All part of the cunning masterplan!!!

#16 kingspeedbump

kingspeedbump
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for those comments Paul, its much appreciated!

I personnally would like to see an established link between Folly and Swinton as I would say 95% of the children who play in our mini's section do not watch any form of RL and it has to be an untapped market for the club. There are benefits to our club aswell, where the kids will increase their own awareness of the game itself, which would improve their own game as well as give them something to aspire to.

It would be nice to offer the kids some free tickets for match day, as you and I know there would be a paying adult to accompany them! Everyone's a winner!

#17 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for those comments Paul, its much appreciated!

I personnally would like to see an established link between Folly and Swinton as I would say 95% of the children who play in our mini's section do not watch any form of RL and it has to be an untapped market for the club. There are benefits to our club aswell, where the kids will increase their own awareness of the game itself, which would improve their own game as well as give them something to aspire to.

It would be nice to offer the kids some free tickets for match day, as you and I know there would be a paying adult to accompany them! Everyone's a winner!

The Ian Watson testimonial committee actually opened the door to this in a slight way when we ran a very sucessful round robin competition at Ian's testimonial match.

Four clubs, Langworthy Reds, Eccles, Westhoughton and Folly were invited to put a team at under 10 level into the competition which all four clubs duly did. The feedback on how they were trated on the day was excellent to say the least. We had four teams with squads of 12 plus coaches and parents. I would say that whilst not charging the kids we added at least sixty paying adults that day.

It can be done and that opened the way for the club to jump on the back of it.

#18 kingspeedbump

kingspeedbump
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Salford usually run half time games, where there would be a two games running with 4 different teams. They are only short games (say 8 minutes), but the kids love to play in front of a bigger crowd than what they are used to and playing in a nice stadium.

Like you mentioned for Ian's event, the parents will always attend so the gate receipts are given a nice boost as well.

There could be games involving teams from the Swinton and Salford areas, against teams from Leigh or simply against each other.

I had previously spoken to Leigh Miners last season about the opportunity to play at half time during the Swinton and Leigh game last season, which they were more than happy with. They had arranged it with Leigh and we were good to go. Unfortunately we struggled for players of the day and had to cancel!

#19 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well i this season ive been taking my daughter and nephew. I'll agree more needs to be done to target children but I think this is just finding something else to moan about when we have so much more on our plates.

. I wasn't moaning or being critical,it was just an observation.

#20 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

There is an interesting article in tonight's MEN by Paul Kidd.Kiddo stresses the need to increase attendances particularly in view of the forthcoming World Cup in the autumn.He suggests a gathering of ideas on how this can be best achieved.This is something that we should have been doing for years as a club! speed bumps suggestion is something that should be pursued vigorously as young children playing the game are potential future fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users