Potential new coach?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

I personally would like to see an established link between Folly and Swinton as I would say 95% of the children who play in our mini's section do not watch any form of RL and it has to be an untapped market for the club.

Very good idea. Folly Lane and the Lions were always unofficially 'linked' decades ago. The usual local route to wearing a Lions first team jersey was very often, secondary school (Cromwell Road, Moorside or Ambrose Barlow), local under 19s and open age (Folly Lane), Swinton RLFC and who knows, Lancs? Great Britain? Tour Down Under?.

Barry Simpson, Graham Williams, Derek Whitehead, Dave Robinson, Brian Robinson, Reg Williams, the Holliday bros to name just a few from the (wonderful) past.

#22 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

There's a Supporter's Trust meeting next Tuesday, 12th, so I'm sure we can discuss it then and approach the Club to get the wheels turning. I know Folly are looking at trying to get into a few of the primary schools to do a bit of an intro to RL so perhaps some free Swinton tickets for the boys and girls that attend a session would be good. It's a no-brainer really......but how much better would it be if it was just a trip along the top road rather than a trip along the East Lanc's?

#23 old bird

old bird
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Can't believe Matt Calland hasn't been sounded out been there done it all at this level

#24 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

How do you know he hasn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users