Raiders v Town

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

liam harrison was again your best player by some distance and he was over shadowed by at least 5 town forwards. i think holty has to take most of the blame for today, why your game plan would be to take town on down the middle is beyond me, you were never going to succeed doing that. im not gloating over your loss at all as i honestly hoped the 3 cumbrian sides survived this year but i just cant see you getting to safety with that squad.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#22 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

38 #10 last look . christ we need help.

we'll need it next week against dewsbury ! stick in lads sure we'll b ok

#23 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sounded to me like the penalty count killed us,10 against in the first half meant that we were wore down second half from all the defending we had to do?
Either we are ill disciplined as a team or the pace of the game is too much for us at times that we feel the need to commit to giving away penalties,I have not made my mind up yet?

#24 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

i have made my mind up after watching us today especially in the 2nd half.... we are going to get relegated.

The effort is there but theres no flair and our forwards are not good enough. And before anyone says it Butler and McGoff will make no difference at all as they are no better than we have and Spencer is a complete unknown and even if he is a worldbeater we need more than one more forward to make a difference.

Apart from Clay and maybe Campbell, there isnt a great deal of pace in the backs either so to those who say get it to the backs im afraid you are deluded and to play in the backs today wouldnt have made any difference!

I dont think the coaching staff can be blamed at all as they are working with what they have.

I hope im not the only one who is worried as I think we will struggle to get any league points at all away from home and can only see 2 or 3 games we may be capable of winning at CP.

This isnt negative its reality so dont start with the dont be so negative jibes. I am a debenture holder and season ticket holder but fear for the future as relegation will be disasterous for the future of the club.

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#25 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I don't think you are being negative Morty, these are your feelings and I hope your wrong but at the moment I can't see where the points are coming from. As you say Butler and Mcgoff won't make much difference as they just aren't up to this standard of rugby, you can't knock their effort but sometimes it's just not enough. These next 2 home games are must win in my opinion. We're there any positives from today's game?

#26 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

We're there any positives from today's game?

No mate

Lee Morton

#27 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Worrying times for yourseleves would hate to see u go down and although its early days not a good start. I agree with most of whats already been said forwards nowhere near upto this level

#28 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

i think you need a influx of big men to do the spade work for you ,where you can get them ,or if you can afford them is another matter,good luck against the Rams next week.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#29 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

I hate to have to agree with you morty but as has already been said it's 2005 all over again. 7 tries in 5 games is simply not good enough. I'm a season ticket holder and I don't regret it ever but how many supporters will feel the same. The gate against Dewsbury & Haven will be very interesting and could be seriously low.. I shall miss Sundays game but only because I'm away.

Posted Image

#30 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

I personally thought whitehead did well against his old club

#31 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

I hate to have to agree with you morty but as has already been said it's 2005 all over again. 7 tries in 5 games is simply not good enough. I'm a season ticket holder and I don't regret it ever but how many supporters will feel the same. The gate against Dewsbury & Haven will be very interesting and could be seriously low.. I shall miss Sundays game but only because I'm away.

The gates are going to tumble at this rate

I'll be there willing us on but boy is it going to be tough.

Did anyone hear what Holty said after the game ?

Lee

Lee Morton

#32 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

he had a fair game ,had a try disallowed aswell
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#33 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

The gates are going to tumble at this rate

I'll be there willing us on but boy is it going to be tough.

Did anyone hear what Holty said after the game ?

Lee

holty was peeved with the result,the way he was talking he said there would be changes to your team,he thought players were talking the talk but not walking the walk.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#34 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

cheers Bomber

Lee Morton

#35 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

cheers Bomber

nee bother i hope you turn it round soon .
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#36 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

I personally thought whitehead did well against his old club

apart from when he dropped the ball over the line when it was easier to score
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#37 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I hate to say it but we just arn't good enough. There isn't two ways about it. Its not that the players arn't trying enough its just they don't have the ability.

A lot of things did go against us today. Mark Calderwood will probably be the best winger in the world if he's allowed to step into touch and stroll in for a try more often. Referee was incredibly inconsistent, some of his decisions were baffling. He gave them so much longer to hold on than ourselves and for some reason he only blew for Barrows offsides not Workingtons but Town were much better today and would of put 50 past us if they had a proper half back playing and Mattinson.

Only positive from today IMO was Danny Jones. Was up against Brett Philips in the second row and didn't give him an inch. Every time he got the ball he was on him in a flash down the legs and stopped him in his tracks. Considering he's very young he did exceptionally well against someone much physically bigger.

If 3 players can't stop Stack from a standing start and only 5 yards to run in then we seriously have a problem, that was embarassing at the start of the second half. We were also always going to tire against them. Having 2 forwards on the bench was always going to be our downfall. Against Town who have a much better pack we should of had Finch at 13 to allow us to get the ball out more often. Then again our backs arn't going to beat anyone for pace or strength apart from Clay.

I don't think the forwards are the biggest problem, its the backs. I think the props are the issue in the forwards. Harrison, K Haggerty, Jones and Toal is good enough for this division we just need better props. In the backs as I say there isn't a threat, not enough pace strength or skill.

Its worrying the lack of tries we have scored. 2 of our tries have been Clay interceptions. Which is nearly 30% of them which speaks volumes.

I do think if people don't turn upto games because we are losing are exceptionally fickle. In late 2010 and 2011 we were losing games due to not putting effort in which is unacceptable. But every fan should support the lads home and away as the effort is there are they are working hard to be the best they can be, unfortunately I don't think the best they can be is good enough I'm afraid.

#38 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Did toal play?
bluewhitearmy

#39 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Nope not sure why.

#40 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 825 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Come on Barrowraiderskid your team where lying on that mutch you could here them snoring in the stand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users