Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Raiders v Town

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

I agree wih a lot of things that has been said on this thread.
As was mentioned on a previous post we have only scored 7 tries in 5 games and 2 of those were intercption tries by Adam Clay!
We will never win games if we dont score tries and our lack of attacking options this year is the most worrying thing for me.
We were never going to beat Workington in a forward battle up the middle of the park and if that was Holty's game plan it was totally wrong.
Does anyone know why Dan Toal, Sean Casey and Nathan Mossop weren't playing?
We missed Toal's non-stop tackling in defence. Casey is a far better positional & goal kicker and I personally think Mossop is quicker at the play the ball than James Dandy.
I think its time we tried to bring in some Loan players though as some of ours just aren't good enough at this level.
We are sadly lacking a couple of big powerful props who can get us some 'Go forward' for our halfbacks to play off, possibly allowing Liam Harrison to go back in the centre.
In my opinion we also need another quality hooker which would free up Liam Finch to go back into the halfs partnering Liam Campbell.
This would at least give us better attacking options.
What does everyone else think?

#62 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

ive been saying for a while now to give finchy a go in the halves !

I thought Dandy was ok yesterday for once.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#63 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

ive been saying for a while now to give finchy a go in the halves !

I thought Dandy was ok yesterday for once.

surely hes a better option than kaighan, i thought he was anonymous yesterday. if hes not backing up a break then hes not doing anything, and was a bit sneaky being 3rd man in and swinging a punch. thought dandy was schooled by callum phillips.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#64 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

after game against barla i knew this was going to be a big ask for this team. we all said our pack isnt of any size and holty put us straight with size and figures but we just cant compete up the middle imo. get some fresh legs in and fast. if the gates start dropping these new lights will be a costing us nearly double. 400 down on last seasons average, thats short of 6k in home gate money and what they spend in ground. fingers crossed for that first win on sunday.

#65 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

your right bob it seems that the team cant compete up the middle so why are the team playing this way.

#66 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Reading his post I think he was at a different game.

Apart from the comment about lying on and the comment about Calderwood stepping into touch (ill wait for a video) what else do you disagree with may I ask?

#67 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I agree wih a lot of things that has been said on this thread.
As was mentioned on a previous post we have only scored 7 tries in 5 games and 2 of those were intercption tries by Adam Clay!
We will never win games if we dont score tries and our lack of attacking options this year is the most worrying thing for me.
We were never going to beat Workington in a forward battle up the middle of the park and if that was Holty's game plan it was totally wrong.
Does anyone know why Dan Toal, Sean Casey and Nathan Mossop weren't playing?
We missed Toal's non-stop tackling in defence. Casey is a far better positional & goal kicker and I personally think Mossop is quicker at the play the ball than James Dandy.
I think its time we tried to bring in some Loan players though as some of ours just aren't good enough at this level.
We are sadly lacking a couple of big powerful props who can get us some 'Go forward' for our halfbacks to play off, possibly allowing Liam Harrison to go back in the centre.
In my opinion we also need another quality hooker which would free up Liam Finch to go back into the halfs partnering Liam Campbell.
This would at least give us better attacking options.
What does everyone else think?

Pretty much spot on. I think Finch is a number 6 better than 9. I remember his performance against Wigan 09 but he hasn't played there much since especially when Rooney signed. We need a couple of better forwards and Harrison at centre. If Mossop was fit I'd of put either him or Finch at 13 as Haggerty was out on his feet at the end of the game.

We need 6 points from dewsbury and Haven at home or even bringing loan signings may be to late to recover.

#68 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Does anybody know why Dan Toal wasn't playing?

#69 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

steevie wonder could see that the ball was grounded. im sorry but it wasnt even close to being held up.

Stevie just rang to say he loves you.

#70 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

James Gordon decided he couldnt commit to the training regime mate it wasnt Holty's decision !!!!

My mates lad plays at askam and he was saying Gordy has not missed a training session.
Maybe there's more to it than what was printed in the mail which is what I would put my money on. Look at the games he played last season, Gordy was always consistent and he was dropped after playin well in some games. I don't blame him for not resigning.

#71 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Does anybody know why Dan Toal wasn't playing?

He was injured.

#72 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

He was injured.

Thanks Southsider, I thought it was strange he wasn't picked, same with Mossop and Casey?
I would of had all 3 in my starting 17 if fit.

#73 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I cant see us beating Dewsbury and Haven will also be a big ask for this team.

Oh and we miss Ballard big time in the backs

Lee Morton

#74 millomite

millomite
  • Coach
  • 665 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Mossop was fit, just wasnt selected mate

#75 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Bit of a " Mr Know it all " that Wonky :D

#76 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Thanks Southsider, I thought it was strange he wasn't picked, same with Mossop and Casey?
I would of had all 3 in my starting 17 if fit.

If Casey was injured then he must have done it boxing cos he took part in the RL boxing tournament Rugger in the Ring during the week.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#77 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

If Casey was injured then he must have done it boxing cos he took part in the RL boxing tournament Rugger in the Ring during the week.

Did you have a bang on your head as a child Derwent?

Are you seriously suggesting that Barrow's Sean Casey went into an open draw to fight the likes of Street, Sibbett, Sculthorpe, Hunte, Radford, Senior & Cassidy?

Have you seen the size of the lad in comparison with those guys?

(I think you will find it was former St Helens, Swinton and Whitehaven player Sean Casey who took part in Rugger in the ring last week).

Posted Image

#78 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

Did you have a bang on your head as a child Derwent?

Are you seriously suggesting that Barrow's Sean Casey went into an open draw to fight the likes of Street, Sibbett, Sculthorpe, Hunte, Radford, Senior & Cassidy?

Have you seen the size of the lad in comparison with those guys?

(I think you will find it was former St Helens, Swinton and Whitehaven player Sean Casey who took part in Rugger in the ring last week).

Must admit Keith I did wonder that Sean is built like a whippet so to take on the big guys he wouldve had to have a lot of guts !

One thing with this rugger in the ring put Brett in there and he would bulldoze everyone in sight !!

Lee Morton

#79 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Bit of a " Mr Know it all " that Wonky :D

You can't argue with a fan with 20-20 vision, x/ray eyes, and the same optician as stevie wonder, but I do agree with Wonky, the future is bright, the futures blue and white.

Edited by alba, 05 March 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#80 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Blue and white barmy army town town

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users