TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Raiders v Town

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

You can't argue with a fan with 20-20 vision, x/ray eyes, and the same optician as stevie wonder, but I do agree with Wonky, the future is bright, the futures blue and white.

well ive not spoken to a fan who thought hulmes effort was held up yet, so i think you might of had the barrow blinkers on.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#82 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Apart from the comment about lying on and the comment about Calderwood stepping into touch (ill wait for a video) what else do you disagree with may I ask?

Er yeah, not much else you said about Town other than those 2 things you were completely wrong about. The reason the ref pinged you for offside constantly is because, you know, you were offside constantly. As soon as Acton and Walne came on we sped our play the ball up and your defence couldnt cope. Hence they were offside constantly.

#83 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

well ive not spoken to a fan who thought hulmes effort was held up yet, so i think you might of had the barrow blinkers on.

I always have barrow blinkers on,like you I always stand about the halfway, if an opposition player has a try dissallowed for being held up, I would say what a relief, if its a barrow try dissallowed, I would say refs blind. But if im honest from 50 yards, and a pile of bodies covering the ball, I would never really know. But what I would say is that despite all barrow fans being biased,all of them have said Workington were the better team and would have won whoever the ref was. The first dsiputed decision I can remember was barrow workington cup semi in the 1950s, all the workington fans said barrow player was on his back, all barrow fans said he scored then was turned on his back, since then there has been hundreds of disputes, thats what the game is all about, One thing I am sure of, I have never seen a ref change his mind.

Edited by alba, 05 March 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#84 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I always have barrow blinkers on,like you I always stand about the halfway, if an opposition player has a try dissallowed for being held up, I would say what a relief, if its a barrow try dissallowed, I would say refs blind. But if im honest from 50 yards, and a pile of bodies covering the ball, I would never really know. But what I would say is that despite all barrow fans being biased,all of them have said Workington were the better team and would have won whoever the ref was. The first dsiputed decision I can remember was barrow workington cup semi in the 1950s, all the workington fans said barrow player was on his back, all barrow fans said he scored then was turned on his back, since then there has been hundreds of disputes, thats what the game is all about, One thing I am sure of, I have never seen a ref change his mind.

you just cant argue with that ,well said sir.

however refs can be wrong and unfortunately in this instance he was -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users