Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

poor 1st half from town

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

i always liked Backer would you not have him Wonky?

over ell miller and calders? certainly not. dont think he done much at town tbh, and nothing from the last 3 times weve played them would suggest he would get anywhere near our side.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

No

#23 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

over ell miller and calders? certainly not. dont think he done much at town tbh, and nothing from the last 3 times weve played them would suggest he would get anywhere near our side.

deffo not over our 2 but maybe as a squad man ,thats what i meant :)
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#24 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

who was the guy who was paragliding over the ground??
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I never rated him or Low.

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

New signing flying in

#27 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

New signing flying in

:lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#28 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

I never rated him or Low.

i always liked Backhouse,but hey you cant please everybody.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Indeed . Word for Brett's goal kicking today by the way , did the job well

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,711 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Why was Jarrad Stack sin-binned? And why was Haney sin-binned?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 Townvic

Townvic
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Why was Jarrad Stack sin-binned? And why was Haney sin-binned?

Not sure about Jarrad but think Haney's was for deliberately obstructing the ball from a play the ball pass as he was running back from offside position
STILL Keeping the Faith in more ways than one...though others may fall away.... Oh yes I am

Posted Image

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

he indicated a grapple tackle for stack, but i think it was for the double infringement stemming from the hit on campbell off the kick, which certainly wasnt foul play as he hit him as he kicked. haney went for a professional foul by blocking the pass when returning from offside. again very harsh.

#33 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,711 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

I meant the Barrow sin-binning in the first half, was that not Haney as well?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

I meant the Barrow sin-binning in the first half, was that not Haney as well?

no that was liam campbell. that was the result if the team being put on a warning for multiple fouls

#35 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

well done to town for that 2nd half performance excellent...

As for us we are going down unless signings are made and due to the financial situation I doubt thats going to happen so we are buggered :o

Downward spiral from here im afraid for the Raiders...I fear for the future of the club I honestly do :(

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Raucous reception for Liam going to the bin ! If they go down I'd be straight in for him .

#37 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,711 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

I think you are correct Lee in that you need some new signings because I can't see you winning matches with some of the players you had playing today. Take out Liam Harrison and Liam Campbell and possibly Haney and I can't think of any others I would want in our team.

Hopefully, Holty can pick up one or two decent players and keep you up. Best of luck anyhow for the rest of the season.

#38 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

I think you are correct Lee in that you need some new signings because I can't see you winning matches with some of the players you had playing today. Take out Liam Harrison and Liam Campbell and possibly Haney and I can't think of any others I would want in our team.

Hopefully, Holty can pick up one or two decent players and keep you up. Best of luck anyhow for the rest of the season.

except for the return game of course :rolleyes:
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

We've zoomed up to 7th . Batley away in play offs ... Nice one .

#40 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well he flew into the the Risman bar after the match, seems a very nice chap to, looks a fit young man :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users