Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

poor 1st half from town

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Poor first half, but the most satisfying thing about today is that we won a derby game at a canter without getting out of 3rd gear.
Walne was superb again today, we have 5 props who can all do a great job. Stack put in his usual all action performance (does he ever have a bad game ?) and once again Callum Phillips was outstanding. Can't wait to see Matty and Miller back in this team, roll on Good Friday. :D

#42 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

I think our likely new signing was at the game today just hope he was impressed.

#43 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Is that right ?

#44 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Is that right ?

Oh yes, looks fit ;)

#45 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Ye looks fit but will after keep of those beef burgers or could it have been horse. ha

#46 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

So is this ripe for an announcement then ...finally , I'm on my third drum kit

Edited by DavidM, 03 March 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#47 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

well done to town for that 2nd half performance excellent...

As for us we are going down unless signings are made and due to the financial situation I doubt thats going to happen so we are buggered :o

Downward spiral from here im afraid for the Raiders...I fear for the future of the club I honestly do :(

Lee

I think whats now needed is a relaxation of the DR system were as clubs not linked can use sl kids.
I'm vehemently against these linkups but to penalise clubs that aren't link is outrages and tbh i cant see how its legal.

#48 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

i will be glad when this guys unveiled ,getting a tad tired of it now ,just hope the hypes worth it in the end :)
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#49 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think whats now needed is a relaxation of the DR system were as clubs not linked can use sl kids.
I'm vehemently against these linkups but to penalise clubs that aren't link is outrages and tbh i cant see how its legal.

Sorry mate but there's a lot of fans don't like this system even some at clubs that are linked but the bottom line is that every club had the same opportunity to get a link up. We have only used the 1 lad from Widnes today and he has played 5 games for us now so no matter what system you want it wont affect us as much as others.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#50 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

The paraglider was just a lad from Seaton that even had the cheek to text me to tell me he couldn't see me!!
I thought we played well in patches and poor in others. Our pack was def the difference with all of them contributing. My own MOM was Lupton but it could have been 3 or 4 of them. Some of our passing is still wayward to say the least. Without being harsh to the lad, Callum had a rough time in the first half but improved massively in the second half. I wonder if somebody told him to mix it up a bit as he started scooting from dummy half and really looked the part.
I think Stack got penalised when he challenged the kicker and the TJ came on for a shoulder charge.
Really hope this new guy is a half back as Coyle still has yet to convince me he can be the man to lead us round the park.
It was a good result in the end though.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

Poor first half, but the most satisfying thing about today is that we won a derby game at a canter without getting out of 3rd gear.
Walne was superb again today, we have 5 props who can all do a great job. Stack put in his usual all action performance (does he ever have a bad game ?) and once again Callum Phillips was outstanding. Can't wait to see Matty and Miller back in this team, roll on Good Friday. :D

In the second half Jarrad made a break on the popularside and two tackles later he scored a try on the other side of the pitch. He really is an all action Captain Marvel!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#52 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Inspiration .

#53 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

jarrad has shut the doubters up(mainly haven fans), that he couldnt make the step up. looks even better than last year and probably dosent get the recognition as much as others as we just expect him to give 100% everyweek.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#54 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

i like the Kris Coward is 20% horse chant :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#55 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

That break down the right hand side stack made was quality left 3 players in his wake. Walne is getting better and better each game he plays and acton is just a beast. Great win lets have York now. Up the town!
bluewhitearmy

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Oh we can beat York's players ... It's just all the Hull players they pack in which is the unknown .

#57 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Oh we can beat York's players ... It's just all the Hull players they pack in which is the unknown .

the way hull are playing I think a few will be dropped and York won't say no to them
bluewhitearmy

#58 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

The paraglider was just a lad from Seaton that even had the cheek to text me to tell me he couldn't see me!!
I thought we played well in patches and poor in others. Our pack was def the difference with all of them contributing. My own MOM was Lupton but it could have been 3 or 4 of them. Some of our passing is still wayward to say the least. Without being harsh to the lad, Callum had a rough time in the first half but improved massively in the second half. I wonder if somebody told him to mix it up a bit as he started scooting from dummy half and really looked the part.
I think Stack got penalised when he challenged the kicker and the TJ came on for a shoulder charge.
Really hope this new guy is a half back as Coyle still has yet to convince me he can be the man to lead us round the park.
It was a good result in the end though.

was told a couple of years back how good the phillips brothers where saw brett rip us to bits 5 times last year is callum looking as good from what ive heard he seems to a good un

#59 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

hes settled in nicely thanks donald,gonna be a realun
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#60 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Brett is going all the way , he just has everything .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users