Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Looks promising

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

An emphatic start for Nets at 58-16.....the game in N. Wales will be interesting given their 48-12 mauling of Oldham today.
Look forward to reading details of our game and hopefully of a reasonable crowd.

#2 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Depends on what you consider to be a reasonable crowd - 11 games outside of super league this weekend, highest crowd, and only one of four figures was 1011.

#3 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

I guess ours was not the 1011. Any sign of the Rochdale public increasing their interest in Hornets would be welcome. A consistently winning team may help, but these are testing times for all clubs, particularly in Hornets' division. Here's hoping for our success on all fronts, promotion and the chance to attract the bigger clubs/crowds.

#4 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

508 i think was announced. Up on the same fixture last year if I remember correctly.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#5 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Just gotta hope that Saints lend ya Makinson again, and he doesnt get recalled into the first team on the back of that display

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#6 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yes Tommy looked a class above. His final try was very special and i could imagine Stevo and Eddie would have fell of there chairs should he do that on a live TV game. My final comment on Makinson was his continued clap and wave to the spectators in the stand, as well as pats on the back to fellow players. He seemed down to earth with no airs or graces and looked to enjoy his game. Even if a few Thunder players tried rattleing him with verbals and some gang tackles early on.
All round a very functional performance by Hornets the first half we looked slick and solid in the tackle. The game never really got going second half if that makes sense? The amount of basic errors by Gateshead was embarrasing at times, giving Hornets some great field position.
I though Crooky was superb first half with his 40/20's. Not sure how the sponsors got to Wayne English as man of the match. Crook and Baines where the stand outs for me. I am not saying Wayne was poor just average really, but thats my opinion.
My only possible negative observations so far this season is that the pack does seem a tad small, although we look solid in the tackle i would personally like to see a bit more size in the pack. Also whilst slick with the ball at times, we do seem to over egg or over play which given time will sort itself i am sure. Gateshead capitalised on a couple of intercpets but simply couldnt make us pay. I cant see Oldham or N. Wales letting us off.

I also attended the ex player dinner and Heritage launch. Just want to say what a good dinner it was. I personally feel it should be an annual event. Getting the old players up to the club once a season with their families and making thme feel welcome and part of it should be a given. Great to see some old faces in the bar.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users