RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Great win for the lads today, really pleased!!!

Haven't managed to get to any games yet this season but looking forward to Halifax away in 2 weeks time if todays result is anything to go by.

Lets keep it going!!!

Edited by Leeds17, 03 March 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#22 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Give the kid a decent chance and he will come good
Posted Image

#23 Parksider

Parksider
  • Coach
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Apart from the 1st 15 mins (when we were missing a leader on the pitch) the lads played some great rugby. Dual reg is there to be used and so far it's doing us some good.
Tommy Haughey yet again looked un interested and lazy to me. The rest of the squad were fantastic today and put on a good display.

#24 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Give the kid a decent chance and he will come good

I think he needs a long hard look at himself in the mirror to decide whether he wants to be a pro rugby player for the next 10 years of his life or go into the real world & get a full time job. I expect him to be working his ###### off at hunslet in training this week as he won't be going back to Leeds anytime soon!

#25 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

To be honest i thought Singleton was pretty ordinary the 1st time i saw him but now after a few games i really rate him and today he was my man of the match, i hope Achurch turns out the same.
Posted Image

#26 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

To be honest i thought Singleton was pretty ordinary the 1st time i saw him but now after a few games i really rate him and today he was my man of the match, i hope Achurch turns out the same.

singleton has been class every time he's played, achurch was was nothing short of sh*t today and been no different for leeds either. he'll be lucky to get into the 17 next week

#27 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

well its all about opinions at the end of the day, all im saying is give the guy more than one bleedin game for gods sake.
Posted Image

#28 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Anyone considered the reason why we are getting off to poor starts is due, at least in part, to the fact that we have new player(s) coming in every week, generally at 2/3 days notice ??

I know Marchy was injured yesterday but his influence is such that you can't take him out of the team and replace him with a player with entirely different characteristics at short notice and expect not to notice the difference. (Apart from the fact that Achurch is nowhere as good as Marchy in any case :) )

When we did settle down we looked like a pretty good team. The front row of Yates, Hood and Singleton set the platform, it's obvious the last two have played a lot together, know each other's game and that's a big benefit for us. Behind the pack I thought Helliwell had a good game, Grimmer flickered on and off a bit but managed a couple of killer passes, but I have to agree with those who voted Welham as MOM.

Another game up next where we should be looking for the next three points. What we need this week, for every possible reason you can think of, is STABILITY in the squad.

#29 Parksider

Parksider
  • Coach
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

With the dual registration it is highly unlikely that we will have total stability all season.

#30 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Why ?? Just because it is there doesn't mean we HAVE to use it by taking another player through it every week.

We have a squad of 31/32 now !! And we can only play five at once anyway. I think we "optimised" the system when we agreed Hood, Singleton, Keinhorst and maybe Watson - four young players coming to us under the original concept of what dual-reg was supposed to be.

Achurch's performance yesterday had all the hallmarks of us taking him on to give him game time on Leeds' behalf. Even though Marchy had already been ruled out, it would be interesting to know if we "asked" for him, or Leeds "offered" him to us.

In all honesty, at the minute we don't look like a team that will be scratching around in the bottom two this season. So next time we get an injury, let's backfill by using one of OUR players (you know, one of those that signed up to play for Hunslet in the close season), rather than taking another dual reg. A simple move that will send out all the right signals and maybe settle the mind of some of the supporters (attendance 200 down on the last home match, and there certainly weren't 200 fewer away supporters there yesterday...)

#31 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

2 massive factors changed that game imo, with the score at 0-16 and our defence all at sea donny split us again with a great pass and had a straight run in from 25yds for 0-22, the player somehow dropped the ball and a min later it was 6-16
We then had the half time try looming at 22-16 on 38mins and Tuffour outjumped Brickwood 10yds out to score what seemed a certain try, somehow we scrambled to keep him out and instead of 22-22 we got a pen to go in 24-16.After getting the route planner out for Oxford, Gloucester and Hemel Hempstead 20mins earlier this was some turnaround and the phrase i,ll never back this lot again was quickly forgotten...
Posted Image

#32 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Anyone considered the reason why we are getting off to poor starts is due, at least in part, to the fact that we have new player(s) coming in every week, generally at 2/3 days notice ??

I know Marchy was injured yesterday but his influence is such that you can't take him out of the team and replace him with a player with entirely different characteristics at short notice and expect not to notice the difference. (Apart from the fact that Achurch is nowhere as good as Marchy in any case :) )

When we did settle down we looked like a pretty good team. The front row of Yates, Hood and Singleton set the platform, it's obvious the last two have played a lot together, know each other's game and that's a big benefit for us. Behind the pack I thought Helliwell had a good game, Grimmer flickered on and off a bit but managed a couple of killer passes, but I have to agree with those who voted Welham as MOM.

Another game up next where we should be looking for the next three points. What we need this week, for every possible reason you can think of, is STABILITY in the squad.

I don't think our bad start Sunday has anything to do with dual reg, 4 of the 5 players played at Featherstone last week and they have all trained together for weeks now, the 5 Leeds players all trained with the squad again last week twice including Achurch. Bringing in Achurch is no different to bringing in Scott Watson.

We started poorly because we gifted cheap penalties, gifted field position and didn't make the 1 on 1 tackles when needed.

I think we should be looking at the positives of our dual reg from Sunday, 4 tries, 4 had superb games with Achurch looking like he will need time to settle in. Get Marchy back in to that team and we have a really strong team, and we should be pushing for a top 8 place.

Plus we have now equaled the number of games we won in 2012, with 10 home games to go, so im more than happy! :D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#33 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Got to agree with most of the previos comments. I thought we missed the leadership of David March especially in the first 20 minutes.
our 2 hookers and both centres were outstanding.
A mention to Luke Helliwell, it's a long time since we kicked 7 goals in a game, and a welcome back to Stuart Kain, even though it meant we had 3 full backs in our 17.

#34 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

And id disagree that Donny brought the same amount of supporters as Dewsbury, I didn't see many Donny fans yesterday, 20-30 at most, Dewsbury will have easily brought 200 for our last home game. Your not trying to tell us that we have lost 200 of our own supporters since our last home game?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#35 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Chisholm is the DR id like to see more of, next week we,ll be up against Craig Calvert one of the fastest around so need speed to counteract him.A great job on Cooke yday more of the same on Rooney next week!
Posted Image

#36 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Donny might as well have had me at Stand off yesterday, Cooke was abysmal, now he didn't look interested, never took the line on, just passed the ball on every time he was in possession, don't think he even got tackled.

Give me dual reg lads working hard to win us games anyday over paying an overrated has been thousands a year to go through the motions.

#37 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Images from Sunday's game on our facebook page, if your on facebook please Like Us!

Jimmy Keinhorst crashes over for his second try

Posted Image

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 04 March 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#38 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

How funny was Liam Welham on his ex players MOM speech when he swore haha

#39 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

How funny was Liam Welham on his ex players MOM speech when he swore haha

That was Luke helliwel mate
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#40 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

That was Luke helliwel mate

Was it mate, that Leeds Pale must have gone to my head! either way was superb!

PS sold out of Leeds Pale before the game and Sold Out of Leeds Best in bottles after, looks like the Hawks faithful are enjoying the Leeds Brewery products!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users