Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Crusaders Slay Oldham

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

I don`t think that the word `slay` was strong enough :we were out-muscled (the 4 big forwards from Wrexham bossed the show),out-thought,out-kicked..the lot.Ok,we were unlucky (dally`s `try` in particular) on 1 or 2 occasions but it could have been 60.School boy errors and school boy soft defence.We don`t need the 4 from Salford (certainly not on this evidence !) but we DO need a big hard enforcer Ideally 2)to take on the likes of those big lads (the ginger haired one seemed to frighten our forwards).The forwards just didn`t look big enough
I know that it`s usual to do the `we got some positives out of it` comment afterwards but I couldn`t see any (Dally,Palfrey tried hard,as did the number 12) : the 2 wingers were US (the right winger was afraid to tackle);the full-back seemed to hold off running at the defence;our kicking was patchy;the forwards rarely took the ball on the burst and maintained their momentum (unlike their forwards).Thinking about it,it` s more like `should have scored 60`.
And,you`re right 14 notes for that !
Just hope that we`re doing it to reduce our odds for the league and do a sting on the bookies,lol !

#22 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

We don`t need the 4 from Salford (certainly not on this evidence !)

OLDHAM TRY SCORERS:
Niall Evalds
Adam Files
John Ford

it appears 3 of the 4 you didn't need scored all your points ??

#23 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Files is on a season long loan. He's not part of the dual registration deal

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 Augustus55

Augustus55
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Rochdale may have the right idea re DR.

Tommy Makinson played on Sunday- scored 3 tries!

#25 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I have to reply to the comment regarding the £14 admission for the game yesterday, look at the stadium and facilities yesterday and compare this with Whitebank this season £12 (according to ORLF website) for standing! and unless the facilities have changed dramatically from last season £14 sounds pretty reasonable to me.

#26 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Number 7 .As my son lives in Wrexham,I`ve been to see them a number of times (and in their previous incarnation!).The ground and facilities are excellent as are the local (very knowledgeable) fans.I was talking about paying 14.00 for watching my team play as poorly as they did.If we had their ground - and a team playing with so much heart,as they did- I`d pay 14.00 .

#27 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 953 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

For an Extra pound, you can watch C1. Whitebank is £11 this season. You can argue the pro's of the NWC stadium, but the fact is £14 for RL at this level is overpriced. I think the pricing reflects that only 700 turned up , about 100 of them were Oldham supporters. Be interesting when we come for the League fixture, how many of us Oldham fans will attend if the pricing remains the same.

#28 chas

chas
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

I really don't care what the admission price is .....if the roughyeds commitment is there...

There was no apparent commitment, and who can blame the signed on guys when marwans misfits are foisted on us !

Hamilton (who I never thought had a soul) has sold us all further down the river ...

The teams #####
The clubs #####
The games #####

NEVER again will I travel from Devon to watch such ###### !

Good luck ...Farewell

I'm off

Chas

Edited by chas, 06 March 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#29 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 953 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

I really don't care what the admission price is .....if the roughyeds commitment is there...

There was no apparent commitment, and who can blame the signed on guys when marwans misfits are foisted on us !

Hamilton (who I never thought had a soul) has sold us all further down the river ...

The teams ferked
The clubs ferked
The gemes ferked

NEVER again will I travel from Devon to watch such ###### !

Good luck ...Farewell

I'm of

Chas

Bye then ,don't forget to take Dave with you.

#30 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

For an Extra pound, you can watch C1. Whitebank is £11 this season. You can argue the pro's of the NWC stadium, but the fact is £14 for RL at this level is overpriced. I think the pricing reflects that only 700 turned up , about 100 of them were Oldham supporters. Be interesting when we come for the League fixture, how many of us Oldham fans will attend if the pricing remains the same.

The Racecourse ground is owned by the Uni' next door not the club, so it all has to be paid for when the NWC use it. 721 turning up is a lot more than turned up at Whitebank (580) for the league game between these teams last season so how does the pricing reflect that?
£12 was information directly from the ORFL website, but on checking it does say prices for 2011, so if there has been a reduction perhaps the website could be updated to save further confusion.
Personally I'm just glad that people choose to follow and support their teams away from home even if sometimes they have to pay a little more at some grounds that at other places.

#31 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

After Sunday's embarrassing defeat at the hands of a Crusaders, who deserved to win and did so comfortably. The feeling of disappointment is a lasting one. The manner of the defeat is difficult to take. I can understand "Chas" not wanting to travel all the way from Devon to watch what was one of the WORST ever defensive performances, that includes the season we lost all 18 matches in the Championship (Remember that season)

The measure of a team is how they respond to a defeat and especially a embarrassing defeat like that. Take nothing away from the Crusaders, the best team won and they remain favorites for the league and the NRC Bowl final but the sheer lack of passion, commitment and defensively work ethnic was clearly evident by a group of players who had promised so much in pre season.

We will have a better understanding of the issues facing the playing side of the club after the match at home on Sunday

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#32 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Fair comment Middleman ...at least on the face of it....but where were those DR players when we were shipping 48 points ... gone missing ... thats where . In the 2 previous games the key to both victories in close fought games was the willingness of everyone to man up and put their bodies on the line for the team . I'm not saying that the 4 DR players cannot defend but when they are only guesting for a new team there is never going to be the same commitment to the cause and so the hardest job suffers ...defense . The loss of team morale and a willingness to scrap for each other was always my greatest concern about DR and sadly this was all too evident on Sunday .

#33 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Fair comment Middleman ...at least on the face of it....but where were those DR players when we were shipping 48 points ... gone missing ... thats where . In the 2 previous games the key to both victories in close fought games was the willingness of everyone to man up and put their bodies on the line for the team . I'm not saying that the 4 DR players cannot defend but when they are only guesting for a new team there is never going to be the same commitment to the cause and so the hardest job suffers ...defense . The loss of team morale and a willingness to scrap for each other was always my greatest concern about DR and sadly this was all too evident on Sunday .

I have to agree ruffyed. It was a poor performance all round but when the going got tough the DR players seemed to disappear, as opposed to stepping up and showing the class we would expect from fringe SL players. DR is quite new to everyone involved and hopefully the Yeds will learn from Sunday.

#34 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Only 700 turned up and 100 of them were Oldham fans allroughyed? I wonder how many will turn up for the game at Oldham and you must have triple vision because there were 30 Oldham fans at the most in a crowd of 721!

#35 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 953 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Only 700 turned up and 100 of them were Oldham fans allroughyed? I wonder how many will turn up for the game at Oldham and you must have triple vision because there were 30 Oldham fans at the most in a crowd of 721!

There was a section of about 30 of us together, with the rest spread around the ground. We dont go to grounds for the facilities,we go to watch the team. £14 in my opinion for that level of RL is a rip off. Other teams in modern stadiums dont charge that, Hornets only Charge £12. If you think it's good value, feel free to pay £14 when you visit the Whitebank.

#36 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

How much is it in Whitebank this year? How much is it to transfer to the seating and can us Hairnets sit in it, or are we barred?
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#37 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

ONLY ...............721 .........lets see how many turn up at Whitebank before you say ONLY ............
Posted Image

#38 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Mr Pooing Dog.

Standard Admission is £12 (I think) and an extra £2.00 to the seating area

You are all welcome!!!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#39 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 953 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Mr Pooing Dog.

Standard Admission is £12 (I think) and an extra £2.00 to the seating area

You are all welcome!!!

£11 in this season, I suspect the transfer fee is the same. You'll be allowed into any spare seats about 2 mins to KO , when the shut off for the season ticket holders to take their seat starts.

#40 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the info Oldham13 and AR.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"